[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Autistic meal prep ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

Wanna be /fit/ here. I just bought a bunch of glass tupperware and lost my job so now I just want to make healthy food with my EBT thats cheap, healthy, and gives me a lot of servings. I plan on making coleslaw, bean salad, and chili pretty often. Help me out with some more ideas?
>>
>>8371640
>Wanna be /fit/ here
Depends, are you cutting, bulking or on maintenance?
>>
>>8371640
Get cheap protein and carbs. Stock up on chicken, rice and lentils. Some veggies are nice too, fruit is a meme health food, most of them have loads of sugar.
>>
>>8371640
Frozen veggie packs. Canned veggies can be tempting on a per oz basis but roughly 40-50% of that calculated weight is the water they are canned in. Plus there is the added benefit of fresher texture and less sodium.
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine/2013/02/have-some-oranges-with-that-liquid/index.htm

Also buy your beans dried and soak them.
Don't forget about rice (buy brown for the fiber) just soak it overnight.
Peanut Butter <-- Cheap healthy fat/protein
Do not buy soda. Eat your calories.
Sacks of Bananas/Apples/Onions/Potatoes are cheap and versatile
Oatmeal is a great staple to add your breakfast or even as dessert, just make sure to get the Old Fashioned or Steel-Cut kind not the Instant/Quick preflavored packets. They come in huge containers for cheap and cook without turning to mush and you can add different flavors like brown sugar/cinnamon or Peanut Butter/Chocolate chips + Banana/Blueberry. Also google Overnight Oats
Whole Wheat pasta + Cans of Crushed/Dice/Whole Tomatoes + Salt/Pepper + Garlic + Generic Spice mix of your choice = Plenty of serving of filling healthy courses without loads of added fat/cheese <-- Add some thawed frozen spinach that you wring out extra water from for extra color/taste/nutrition
Also SOUPS: If you have an immersion or regular blender + water + stock cubes + veggies of your choice you can have a whole week's meals for one day's cooking and low cost. You can also use corn starch or even instant mashed potatoes (both cheap as dirt) as an easy base thickener. You can also add cooked rice in and puree to make a healthy creamy texture.
Whole Wheat/Corn tortillas are also an excellent wrap or bread substitute for the price.

Also browse this for ideas:
http://greatist.com/health/cheap-healthy-recipe-collection
>>
>>8371640
RED BEANS AND RICE

Once you've gotten a hold of the spices, you are only paying like $1.50 for 800 calories, and lots of fiber and protein. It also is a piss easy recipe.
>>
File: dcs-109b_1z.jpg (246KB, 1200x856px) Image search: [Google]
dcs-109b_1z.jpg
246KB, 1200x856px
>>8371760
Also don't forget about old generic vinegar (either white, apple cider, balsamic) which will give your dishes a nice twang without added calories and fat.

Also get into baking. You'll find that a sack of whole wheat flour (Buy King Arthur brand. Yes, it's worth eating the extra 50-75ยข per 5lbs package. I know because I tried buying the cheaper brands to save those quarters and regretted it for months since the texture wasn't as fine with the bran & germ of the wheat berries weren't milled as fine which I verified with my sieve) + giant sack of sugar (ultra cheap) + boxes of baking powder & baking soda will yield you more cookies and cake (for when you need a sometimes-food break) than what you can get out of the same cost in packages of Little Debbie/Hostess treats or generic cookie dough vs. making your own.

Same is true for whole wheat pancakes or waffles vs. Bisquick mix/Eggo's and you get an infinitely better taste, texture, more fiber from not consuming enriched white flour and avoiding the chemistry set at the end of each of those highly-processed counterparts' ingredient lists.

Protip: Buy your whole grains (brown rice, pasta, flour, etc.) in bulk and then put them in the freezer because the natural oils in them will go oxidize and go rancid over time at room temperature (even the flour). Stripped refined grains like white rice and flour don't have those thing (or the nutrition) when means they can be store and shipped from older stock and are basically innate Armageddon food.
>>
If I eat the same meals everyday will it be harder to lose weight?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.