[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

potluck suggestion pls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

I have a workplace potluck to attend and need suggestions as to what to bring. Here are the requirements:
-desert / confectionery
-tasty
-enjoyable
-relatively unique
-easy to prepare in bulk quantities
-does not require reheating before serving

please help, /ck/
>>
>I have a workplace potluck to attend

no you don't

>need suggestions as to what to bring

no you don't
>>
>>8371328
I don't understand :[
>>
>>8371320
>I have a workplace potluck

Yeah ok pal.
>>
Quiche is my go-to for these things, really easy to make.
>>
>Bulk quantities for a potluck

Isn't everybody supposed to bring a little something? Why would it need to be bulk?
>>
Mini New York Cheesecake

(Spoon measures are level)
> 250g ginger snap biscuit
> 100g butter, melted
> 250g ricotta
> 250g cream cheese
> 200g soured cream
> 3 large eggs
> 250g caster sugar
> 1 tbsp cornflour
> 1 tsp vanilla extract
> 1 lemon, finely grated rind and juice
> 150ml double cream
> 2-4 tbsp lemon curd or fresh raspberries, to decorate

> Heat the oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Line the base and sides of a 20x30cm shallow cake tin with baking parchment.
> Put the ginger biscuits into a food processor and whizz to very fine crumbs. Add the melted butter, using the pulse until well mixed. Tip the mixture into the tin and spread out evenly. Using the back of a metal spoon, press the mixture down firmly.
> Clean the food processor bowl and add the ricotta, cream cheese, soured cream, eggs, caster sugar, cornflour, vanilla extract, lemon rind and juice. Whizz until smooth, then pour the mixture into the cake tin. Bake in the oven for about 40 mins until the mixture is lightly set all over. Remove and allow to cool to room temperature.
> Whisk the cream to soft peaks. Spread thinly over the top of the cheesecake. Chill the cheesecake overnight.
> To serve, remove the cheesecake from the tin and peel the paper from the sides. cut into 48 small squares or halve again to make 96 rectangles. Arrange on a serving plate. Put the lemon curd into a small disposable piping bag. Snip off the end and pipe zigzags on the cheesecakes. Alternatively, place a small raspberry on top of each square.
>>
Microwave boozy fudge (or whatever you wanna add to it)

> 400g golden caster sugar
> 397g can condensed milk
> 140g salted butter, chopped into pieces
> 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
> 2 tbsp coffee liqueur (or another alcohol of your choice - amaretto or brandy works well)
> (optional, choc chips, citrus fruit zest, nuts, chilli flakes, etc to mix up flavour combinations)

> Grease and line a 20cm square baking tin with baking parchment. Put the sugar, condensed milk and butter in a large heatproof bowl (the mixture will bubble up as it cooks to roughly double its size), add a good pinch of salt and stir together.
> Heat the mixture in the microwave on High for 10 mins, stirring every 2-3 mins. Keep an eye on the mixture, as it will bubble up and may go over the sides of the bowl.
> Add the vanilla and liqueur to the mixture, whisk together and heat on High for another 2 mins. The mixture should be caramel-coloured and thickened. Scrape into the tin and set aside for 45 mins–1 hr until cool and firm before cutting. Pack into a box and eat within 3 weeks.
>>
Boise onion and mushroom skulking soup

>1 tblsp onion powder
>2 tblsp garlic powder
>1 more tblsp onion garlic
>7 lbs ground turkey
>1 cup chicken broth
>8 cups water
>1 head of celery
>salt and pepper to taste
>add all ingredients to a large saucepan and boil on high for up to 12 hours
>remove from heat and top with a dollop of sour cream
>serve hot
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.