[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Practicing your skills

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Do you guys practice your kitchen skills?
Like, are you constantly trying to find a reason to brush up your knife, saute, sauce, garnish or just knowledge in general?
For me, I just try and do most of the prep at work and attempt to do them in fast and right, and whenever I make a meal with myself I just play with different ways of cooking meals to find if theres any difference in taste,
In general, I'm trying to get faster without losing the quality in the meal
>>
>>8371091
Home is where i dick around with experimenyal stuff i can't do at work. Dishes I've never tried, techniques I've never used, ingredients I've never worked with, flavor combinations I've never done etc. At least sometimes. When you're working a lot sometimes you just want to make your grandma's stew recipe you've made a hundred times and relax.
>>
>>8371113
Yeah, I feel that
I just get this urge of motivation to recreate stuff I seen when I go to restaurants or something I see on tv or online, then make it after with my own twist to see if I can make it better, then keep twisting it and changing it bit by bit until it's either ruined or I feel like its perfect, I want to get into culinary arts so learning, and self teaching myself skills in the kitchen feels beneficial to me
but sometimes i just throw in a pizza pop and just laze around
>>
>>8371133
That's called creativity. Sometime you feel creative and want to fuck around cooking, other times you just feel hungry and want some pizza rolls.

Neither is wrong.
>>
>>8371091
Yes. I pick recipes that exercise skills I want to improve, or use flavors in not familiar with. I also sometimes do "dry run" type practice, ie learning the pan flip technique using dry rice.
>>
op here
Any handy skills/techniques you learned just by practicing or toying around?
For me, just more efficient ways for slicing and dicing food
>>
>>8371091
I made creme brulee like 12 times just for christmas practice last month

Still didn't get it just right :c
>>
>>8371214
Look at knife technique youtube vids and get good with a mandolin.

DO NOT fuck around with a mandolin...it will fuck your shit up...but it's great for increasing speed when solo cooking.
>>
>>8371222
>tfw shaved many chunks out of my hands on my mandolin
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.