[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about pork tenderloin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3990.jpg (127KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3990.jpg
127KB, 1600x1067px
Hey /ck/

Tenderloin was recently on sale near me and, being the protein-addicted /fit/ meathead that I am, I bought more than I now know what to do with.

What are your recipes for working with this underrated cut of haram goodness? Normally I stuff it with shallots and mushrooms but I'm looking to try out some new recipes
>>
>>8369614
>sear from all sides
>remove from heat
>add butter+honey+thyme or sage
>put in lowish oven and baste it with the honeybutter from time to time

either take temp or cut into it at some point, it is the best recipe, for me
>>
I just throw it in an oven bag with some spices and eat it with fries/rice/potatoes/whatever I feel like.
>>
>>8369614
Chef John just did a beef tenderloin in a salt crust video, and I'm wanting to try it with pork, because fuck buying a beef tenderloin.
>>
saute mushrooms
move to warm plate
cut pork into medallions (butterfly the taper end)
if mushroom pan has burned bits then clean it otherwise
very lightly coat medallions with flour
saute in pan for 3 minutes each side then 1min to brown sides
remove excess oil from pan
deglaze with cognac
add a small amount of stock (chicken is ok veal is superb)
add half and half
add mushrooms to pan sauce and reduce to desired thickness.

serve mushroom sauce on medallions with a side of rice/couscous.
>>
>>8369652
this sounds great! I'll give it a try tonight
>>
Grill it you fuckers, its so much better that way
>>
File: torment1.jpg (2MB, 1600x1216px) Image search: [Google]
torment1.jpg
2MB, 1600x1216px
>>8369614
I like to tie it off with some butchers twine to give it some nice lines, and I'll usually go full apple with it (assuming it's not one of those pre-marinated Walmart loins). I'll also saute some apples and save an apple for cutting a cool garnish.

Then it's just carbs and veg and you got a meal. I've also sliced one down the side once and stuffed it with a pumpernickle stuffing, which is better than it sounds. It's a pretty forgiving meat to work with, so have fun with it and experiment.
>>
>>8369691
Like an apple stuffing? Would that just be breadcrumbs+onion+garlic+celery+apple?
>>
>>8369699
Basically yeah, with some rosemary, maybe some nuts if you're into nuts in stuffing.
>>
>>8369704
awesome. sounds amazing
>>
Best sous vide cut period
>>
If I have the time, I like making it with the same technique you'd make duck confit.

Combine coarse salt with some herbs and spices (I prefer juniper, thyme, sage, allspice, and black pepper) and coat the outside of the tenderloin.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Rinse off the meat and dry it.
Put in a deep ovenproof dish with some onion and garlic and submerge in duck fat or lard.
Cook at 225F for 8 hours.
Refrigerate submerged in the fat until ready to use.
>>
This is the first recipe for pork loin that I've tried, and it's actually pretty damn good: http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-baconbrown-sugar-pork-tenderloin-recipes-from-the-kitchn-215660
>>
Make a reduced carrot stock/molasses/stadium mustard and marinate. Sear until caramelization of paste on all sides and put in glass pan. Finish in oven. Deglaze with white wine and a few shakes of angostura bitters, whisk in small cubes of butter to make a beurre blanc sauce. At this point I'll pour the sauce thin on a plate and stack something (maybe arugula tossed in a black pepper vinaigrette or a few duchess potatoes) and serve the loin in 1" slices on top. I like a little pink in the middle, but that's up to you
>>
I like making Pork Wellington with it, alton brown has a decent recipe.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.