[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hare stew

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 20161214_154622.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20161214_154622.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
I just bought some hare from our local butcher. I want to make a hare stew using beer. How do I do it?Ingerdients so far: Carrots,Unions, Charlottes (Or however the fuck you call them), Patatoes, Garlic, Bacon, Kasteel donker(beer) and hare
>>
>>8369208
this was a good thread
https://warosu.org/ck/thread/S8232739
>>
>>8369208
>Unions

You wish to create a dish that simultaneously takes freedom from he working classes?

Absolutely devilish
>>
>>8369323
Kek. I always fuck up my spelling.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.jpg (70KB, 450x294px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.jpg
70KB, 450x294px
- remove the silver skin from the meat if there is any
- slice and render the bacon in a large pot on medium heat. set it aside once it's cooked but leave the bacon fat in the pot.
- remove the rabbit meat from the saddle, cut it into cubes
- dredge the cubed meat in flour and QUICKLY brown it in the rendered bacon fat on high heat. (don't crowd the pot or the meat will steam instead of brown. brown the meat in batches if you need. adjust the heat as necessary to avoid burning the stuff stuck to the bottom.)
- set aside the browned meat.
- add the sliced shallots and carrots to the pot and sweat them until they're translucent. the water in these vegetables should be sufficient to lift the brown stuff from the bottom of the pot. if not, add a splash of the beer and scrape the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon.
- once the shallots and carrots are translucent, add the garlic and potatoes to the pot along with the meat and beer.
- bring it all to a boil and then drop it down to a simmer.
- simmer the stew for about thirty minutes then taste the meat. keep simmering until it's cooked to your liking. once it's cooked to your liking, season the whole stew with salt/pepper to taste and serve.
>>
>>8369416
Oh, yeah, one other thing about the pic I posted

I would expect the saddle of hare to result in tender morsels rather than pot roast/pulled pork texture. I could see getting that with the legs, but the saddle? maybe you can achieve super-tender texture, I'm not sure. some other anon plz weigh in here
>>
Tried making stew once. Not very good. Always go back to hare pie. Use my ex-gf's recipe. I could eat her hare pie all night it's so good.
>>
>>8369208
> I could eat her hare pie all night it's so good.

This sounds disturbing out of context.
>>
File: lazyytt.png (90KB, 256x286px) Image search: [Google]
lazyytt.png
90KB, 256x286px
>>8369481

you got a dirty mind, pal
>>
Gotta cook low and slow senpai

Keep it covered up and check every half hour, be ready to add stock whenever you need to.

It might be as long as 4 hours before the meat is tender enough - make sure you start with a good sear but nothing too heavy.
>>
File: WTF.gif (2MB, 280x202px) Image search: [Google]
WTF.gif
2MB, 280x202px
>>8369208
>charlottes
>>
>>8369432
oh how i kekd
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.