[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I cooked chicken twice using different methods and it turned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1473300589717.jpg (81KB, 1274x716px) Image search: [Google]
1473300589717.jpg
81KB, 1274x716px
I cooked chicken twice using different methods and it turned out rubbery, firm and with an odd taste both times

Both chicken breast from the same batch

What the fuck am I doing wrong? Literally never had this problem before.

Is the chicken spoiled? Could it be caused by being thawed then put back in the freezer? Is it just a bad batch?
>>
try baking it instead
>>
>>8368877
>>>/a/
>>
>>8368881
I forgot to mention that's a selfie of me in the OP

I'm a girl btw
>>
>>8368877
Telling us how you cooked it and the cut would be a mighty fine start.

Chicken always does tend to have a strange flavor when you overcook it with absolutely zero seasoning.
>>
>>8368905
First time I set the stove to low, heated up some olove oil, threw in chicken breast (cut longways through the middle to make 4 pieces out of 2 breasts), seasoned it in the pan, then when it was white up to around halfway I flipped them. I then waited until they were sealed either side and put in a simmer sauce, after a few minutes I cut one breast in half to check if it was done and it was white all through so I served it.

Second time I heated the olive oil until it was near smoking, threw in the breast (seasoned and cut longways again) and cooked it until it was browned either side and sealed. I cooked another breast like this while I left those to the side. After the second batch was cooked I put in the simmer sauce and kept a low heat, cutting each breast open and taking them out just as they whitened up inside.

Both times they had the exact same texture besides the browned, exterior on the second attempt.
>>
bake or sous vide
>>
>>8368877
So it was frozen, then thawed, then refrozen and thawed again?
>>
The texture could be freezer burn. The "odd" taste...not so sure. Just make sure its cooked hot enough and you should be fine. But idk about the taste.
>>
Marinate with yogurt, stop fucking over cooking it
>>
>>8368927
youre doing it wrong nigger

if you want some tasty tasty chicken breast here is my gold plated guarantee on how to make your own tasty tasty chicken breast

first, bread it up nice and good and sprinkle the breaded chicken with garlic powder, black pepper and anything else youd like

spray the pan first and bake for a half hour, flipping the chicken after 15 minutes to ensure that both sides are nice and crispy
>>
>>8368984
What comes second?
>>
>>8368985
savor and enjoy it because god damn im terrible at breading chicken and i always end up making a mess
>>
>>8368988
It's hard not to make at least some mess when transferring from container to container. Dip in this. Dip in that. Carry it here and dip back in this. Crumbs all over the place and a bowl filled with what use to be bread crumbs and now mutant clumps of egg or milk and crumbs and random seasonings.
>>
>>8368877
freezing changes texture to the worse, though you probably just overcooked them.
for standard chicken breat sear it over high heat for 1-2 min and put it in the oven to cook through, preferably set on pretty low temp since its harder to fuck up
>>
>>8368984
>30 min ), flip, 15 min
45 min for a chicken breast!!!!!
>>
>>8368877
>JavaScript wants you to starve
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.