[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/adv/ in /ck/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

This is not something I'm used to doing to /ck/ but I'm going to ask for a little advise.

One of my co-workers have opted to venture into the world of artisan bread making; he's surprisingly good at it. He's beginning to get orders left-and-right for his breads and apparently needs a little help keeping up with the orders.

I love being in the kitchen, but haven't had the opportunity to do so professionally. I'm beginning to consider offering my help, to which he would offer minimum wage. I already make upwards to $23 an hour so minimum wage is just grunt change to me. But... it's additional money to supplement my income and would be under the table; tax free. My good intentions aside, I'm also pretty strapped for time. From today's conversation he usually preps and bakes for 9 hours once a week to produce the yield for his orders, in-house (work place) and at the farmer's market he's just now beginning to sell his bread at.

Should I take this opportunity to help him and make some money on the side? Or forgo it entirely and spend my time lazing around to browse /ck/ like I enjoy doing? I see both benefits and disadvantages in this scenario. Perhaps you folks can help me make the different and sway my reflection in one direction or the other.

Side note: He's liberal as hell, and I'm conservative as hell. Water and oil. Might not be the best mix, but I'm open to the experience.
>>
>>8368549

>He's liberal as hell, and I'm conservative as hell

Take the opportunity, maybe you'll learn something.

That aside, do you know how to make bread? Is there a trial/training period for you? Can't you just ask him if you can work for a month and see if you're really able to commit the extra time, since it sounds kind of casual?

Learning how to bake bread while making minimum wage part time doesn't sound like that bad of a deal, to be honest.
>>
>>8368575

>do you know how to make bread?

I've dabbled with biscuit making, but loafs of bread itself hasn't come up in my arsenal of cooking yet, so it may actually be a really good learning experience.

>Can't you just ask him if you can work for a month and see if you're really able to commit

I'm not opposed to asking, but I also don't want our work relationship to get funky. It's not like we're really buddy-buddy, but I'm still in a position of what one might consider 'management' of sorts, although his current position still outranks mine. So I really need to take this into great consideration for obvious reasons.

>Learning how to bake bread while making minimum wage part time doesn't sound like that bad of a deal

It really doesn't, which is why I'm strongly considering it.
>>
Sounds great if you have the time for it

The real question is if you're willing to cut your free fucking around time for it

Do you need the money?
>>
>>8368617

>Do you need the money?

Dont know if I'd call minimum wage "money", more like 'lunch money'. Doesn't hurt to pad my wallet though. Looking to get place of my own this coming late year. If it turns into a long term deal it could do more good than harm I suppose.
>>
>>8368549
post pictures of his breads please
and is he using yeast or bacteric viruses to rise the dough
>>
>>8368598
>but I'm still in a position of what one might consider 'management' of sorts, although his current position still outranks mine. So I really need to take this into great consideration for obvious reasons.

This sounds like the gayest, insignificant workplace politics shit I could ever imagine. Grow some balls and stop worrying about who "outranks" who and maybe you'll get some respect.
>>
Your politics have nothing to do with this unless you're a /pol/tard tier autist. Your positions as current coworkers are relevant because you need to establish boundaries in your work environment that do NOT extend to other parts of your life. I wouldn't do this unless he's willing to go halves with you and make it a ful partnership, because if it is growing like you say, this scenario has two endings:

it gets intense, he leans on you more and more until its a full time job for both of you and you are now making $8/hr

it gets intense, you bail, and he now thinks of you as "that asshole who ditched me before I could make it as a baker and now I have to see his fucking face at work every day"

if do think there's an opportunity here, sketch a business plan, think realistically about how the 2 of you can maximize effort and work at your day job until you can afford to fully launch the business
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.