[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

eating well while poor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (45KB, 400x391px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 400x391px
how do you eat well when you're broke as fuck?
>>
lrn2 cook
>>
>>8367987
get a job
>>
>>8367987
cook everything. never eat out.

make lots of stirfries
>>
>>8367993
This. I made enough for three meals tonight (lunch tomorrow plus dinner again tomorrow night) with a bell pepper, an onion, one pounds of chicken, and some cheap noodles. I think I spent less than twenty bucks in total.

I also quite drinking, as that was a massive drain on my funds.
>>
>>8367987
make friends and eat at their houses
>>
>>8367987

Just so you know... the dog is your LAST resort.

But if you have to, then go for a pan fry with a soy-based gravy
>>
>>8367987
how broke is broke? if your talking about last 10 bucks then it would have to be the biggest store brand tub of peanut butter and as many of them as possible. if your talking about 50 bucks on a few day until pay day then its usually sandwiches, rice, and soup
>>
>>8367993
been living of of chicken stir fry for almost a month now, it gets really boring but its a really cheap why to eat healthy
>>
>>8368030
Adding a variety of sauces can help ease that drudgery. A bottle of hot chili oil goes a long way.
>>
>>8368049
ya but it still gets boring
>>
>>8368030
here's a way to change things up.

instead of noodles, try lentils or rice.

what I do for my stirfries is I add like 4 eggs and make egg fried rice as the base of the stirfry. very cheap protein
>>
>>8368085
the noodles are not the problem, its the sauce or thing that i use to flavor it
>>
>>8368085

>I add like 4 eggs and make egg fried rice as the base of the stirfry

Maybe you'd eat cheaper if you didn't consume 4000 calories every day, fatty.
>>
Well, depends how poor you are. Vegetables aren't really that expensive...
>>
>>8367987
How much money are you working with OP, and what type of equipment do you have to cook stuff in? A simple microwave can cook almost anything, but if you got a crockpot, or regular oven and pans, things will be a lot easier.
>>
>>8368094
150lb. I...I can't afford meat. I get my protein from eggs.
>>
>>8368119

You should splurge on an intro to nutrition book.
>>
>>8368010
Please elaborate on the quitting drinking..
>>
define eating well, I suppose
>>
all the cakes n meat were marked down n the store. weird. If they would of had wings I might have got them.
>>
always have oatmeal n rice. lasts forever.
>>
>>8367991
Most poor people have jobs. Hardest working motherfuckers you'll ever meet.
>>
>>8368284

Too bad they're too stupid to understand birth control.
>>
Oats
Potatoes
Brown or Wild Rice
Beans
Flax
Garlic
Onions
>>
>>8368286
Back to your containment board alt-right fggt
>>
>>8368302

>pro-choice
>alt-right

The point was that most people who are both hard working and yet poor are people who chose to have kids when they weren't in a position to do so financially.

>sage for off topic
>>
>>8368324
And you know this how? Do you know all these people? Stop sucking Alex Jones cock and get out of the basement.
>>
>>8368353

>you know this how

Because I've worked in a restaurant in a non-flyover city for only a couple dollars over minimum wage and had enough money for an apartment in a decent part of town, plenty of food, cigarettes, and enough cheap vodka to become an alcoholic.

Also I've never watched Alex Jones; you're the one projecting.
>>
>>8368369
Nice detraction. That has nothing to do with the fact that not all poor people are pumping out welfare kids.
>>
>>8368387

>not all poor people are pumping out welfare kids

Never said anything about welfare kids, or claimed that all hardworking poor people are poor because of kids. I claimed, and still do claim, that having kids when they weren't ready is probably the number one reason why people who work hard still end up poor. Of course there are hundreds of other reasons outside of their control that could account for that as well. I'm making far more money than I was when I worked in a restaurant but my standard of living hasn't really gone up because now I have a shit ton of financial aid I have to pay back, as another example.
>>
>>8368284
>hardworking
>broke
Hardworking people don't work at mcdonalds lol. Anybody can get a job roofing/landscaping/masonry as a labourer and bust their ass till their middle class
>>
>>8367987
>obtain crock pot
>obtain tupperware
>cook everything on a sunday for the week
>cool that shit in the fridge

Depending what you make you can easily last a week on stupid cheap
>>
>>8368520

Or just learn to fucking cook and you wont end up going the way of Sceak and offing yourself because of depression. It's not like prepping a single disgusting meal for the entire week is inherently cheaper; it's just for lazy fags who can't cook and/or don't care enough to put in the effort to learn.
>>
>>8367987
Beans
Eggs
Potato

all you need desu
>>
>>8368284
*no*
https://www.bls.gov/opub/reports/working-poor/2014/pdf/home.pdf
>>
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRKls2LLMqU-uK2csT6FOKw
>>
>>8368502
The hardest working people work fast food fuckboy
>>
>>8368601
That's not hard as in it doesn't require great skill. It's high volume at times but it's air conditioned, your job is limited to one or a few tasks. The occasional shitty customers are the worst part
>>
>>8368606

Did you really think he was serious? Geez...
>>
>>8368502
>bust their ass till their middle class
You can't change class by working hard.

You clearly have no idea of class if you think it just comes down to money.
>>
>>8367991
>>8368284
i had much more food while i was on foodstamps. once i got a job and was no longer qualified i had much less of a food budget.
>>
>>8368551
My dietry education is kinda lacking but I think you'd want some rice in there to complete the required non synthesised amino acids.
>>
>>8368132
I quit drinking water as that stuffs almost a penny per 5 litres out the tap.
>>
>>8368746
He's got eggs you retard. They're complete animal proteins.
>>
>>8368132
Alcohol is expensive and unnecessary to a balanced diet. Drink booze in the good times, water in the hard times.
>>
>>8368826

But alcohol cleans out your system, and even cleans your teeth.
>>
>>8367987
Buy seeds and grow your own vegetables
>>
Stop spending money on other things, collect foodstuffs at homeless shelter things, whatever they are called in English.
>>
Oatmeal.
Raisins.
Granola Bars.
Material for making Sandwiches.
Water
Milk

Avoid Fast food at all costs.
>>
>>8367987
Beans
Eggs
Rice
Canned Tuna
Noodles (ramen or spaghetti)
Spaghetti sauce
>>
>>8368828
Lol okay
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.