[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Foods to eat after surgery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5906.png (1MB, 665x1182px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5906.png
1MB, 665x1182px
I just got my wisdom teeth taken out and for the next few days I can only have soft foods. I'm dreading the rest of this week and want to know what ideas you have for a good meal that I and others like me can eat.
>>
>>8367044
mashed potatoes. lots of butter and milk in them, so they're extra creamy. they're also supposed to have almost all nutrients the human body needs. don't eat them too hot, of course
>>
>>8367044
MILK SHAAAAAKES!!!
>>
>>8367068
Where do you work that that's what you were doing for eight solid hours, Anon?!
>>
I ate lots of apple sauce and nibbled on chicken nuggets
>>
>>8367044
I had mommy chew up my chicken tendies and regurgitate them into my mouth once they were sufficiently creamy enough. She'd call me her big boy King Penguin and we'd roleplay for hours about being birds.

In reality though, lots of mashed taters, cheesecake, creamy soups I think are okay if I remember correctly. I ended up fucking pulling my stitches out and got off the pain meds after 2 days because they were annoying me so much, so I bled for a while. Meds made me feel like shit and the knots they tied with the stitches sucked. No infection or anything, just my mouth rockin free bleeding for a week. Milkshakes as someone mentioned too. Oral surgery sucks dick.
>>
soup, the less chunky the better
any kind of potatoes without jackets
ice cream
pudding
jello
cottage cheese or other soft cheese
yogurt
applesauce
fruit smoothies (but don't use a straw obviously)
>>
>>8367102
yeah, and watch him create a vacuum trying to suck through a straw that will rip out the clot in his healing socket that will cause him to bleed and get dry socket.

OP, watch out for debris foods. They are small particles that can fall into your socket and be a pain in the ass to rinse out (again without fucking up your clotting). Rice and carrots are bad about this.

I'd stick to regular ice cream without garnishes and other custards and mashed potato. Take a multi.
>>
>>8367068
I've been given Percocet and so far it's doing its job.

Thank you everyone for your ideas. I can't wait to be out of this hell.
>>
I recently suffered from a ruptured appendix. Doctors told me to not eat anything with small seeds like poppy.

Apparently these can settle into the stitched walls of your guts and cause infection.
>>
>>8367182
My doctor actually made a point to tell me not to worry about debris in my sockets. He said the foods naturally get pushed up as it heals so I don't need to constantly flush that.
>>
>>8367228
what a quack. Food debris, plus mouth bacteria and rotting food opens you up to infection. I had mine out last summer and my young dentist had me lightly rinsing salt water 3x's a day.
>>
When I had mine out I lived exclusively on boxed macaroni and cheese (which I didn't chew of course) and those Ensure nutritional shakes

I still can't stand white cheddar macaroni and cheese
>>
>>8367228
Bullshit. Ask him for a bendy water pick
>>
My dentist was ghetto as fuck and tore a hole into my sinus on of them and I kept getting sinus infections and he gave me antibiotics without a prescription and I also got a really sick dry socket on the left side because he didn't tell me not to blow my nose or I might dislodge the clot (exactly what happened) and I had to blow my nose because of the hole in my sinus causing a whole lot of thick green mucus buildup AND after running two different antibiotics this old cunt gave me I developed a bowel infection because they destroyed my microbial gut fauna so I spent 10 days shitting 15 times/day pure liquid because when I went to urgent care on the 4th day the doctor told me nothing was wrong without testing me so when I finally went back and went, 'hey could you actually test me cus Im shitting my brains out still?' I tested positive for c diff after I shit in a cup for them

Meanwhile this is about a month after I moved out of my parents house to a new city and I'm looking for a job while shitting liquid fire. I literally couldnt leave the vicinity of a toilet for more than 10 minutes without abdominal cramps and explosive diarrhea.

And I didnt even fucking need my wisdom teeth removed really because there were absolutely no symptoms for the 5 years they had been telling me to get them out. My jaw actually hurts more now that the old jackass surgeon they sent me to fucked everything up.

Anyways OP all I could eat after my surgery was chocolate pudding and I was so sick of that shit after the 5th day that I got a bean burrito but it fucken hurt to eat. Also the percocegs made me sweaty and nauseous so I just used ibuprofen after day 2.
>>
>>8367336
>And I didnt even fucking need my wisdom teeth removed really because there were absolutely no symptoms for the 5 years they had been telling me to get them out. My jaw actually hurts more now that the old jackass surgeon they sent me to fucked everything up.

sue you fucking moron
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.