[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm poor as hell this holiday season and my folks keep asking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Gifts.jpg (104KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
Gifts.jpg
104KB, 980x490px
I'm poor as hell this holiday season and my folks keep asking me to make something for them instead of spending a lot of cash. Any ideas on some relatively cheap food gifts I can make?
>>
Egg
>>
I'm gonna try making beef Jerkey as Christmas gifts
>>
Some kind of cured sausage
>>
I get a few things from the dollar store.

>Cookie tins
>Cookie mix if they have any
>A few bars of plain chocolate
>Tissue paper

If I can find shortbread cookie mix, it works out even better for people who aren't big on sweet stuff. So what I do is, roll out a large ball of the cookie doe, make it pretty flat, then cut out small bite size triangles and bake them. Once they are cooled, I take the chocolate bar and melt it down, then use a fork to drizzle lines across the cookies. I then throw them in the freezer for a few minutes, fill the tin with 12 or so of them, and put them in the fridge till their ready to give to whoever. The most expensive thing ends up being the tins because I have to get one for each person usually.
>>
>>8364843
What do you do with the tissues, anon?
>>
Peppermint white chococlate cookies.
>>
>>8364844
Oh sorry, put them down in the tin before the cookies to make it look a bit fancier.
>>
Cookies in tins are the way to go. Like other anon said, you can find decorative tins and some gift paper at the dollar store. I get Ritz crackers, make little peanut butter sandwiches out of them, and dip them in melted chocolate. Let them cool completely on wax paper and you'll end up with the best cookie known to man. You can drizzle lines of white chocolate and stuff on them to make it pretty but I never do and people still love them
>>
>>8364854
these sound amazing.
>>
These all look like great ideas. Last year I made peppermint bark, cookies would be a nice choice.
Hope the dollar store tins don't have too much lead in them.
>>
>>8364818
I'm thinking of doing this for office gifts. Anyone have good oven jerky recipes?
>>
>>8364891
You could always use gift bags instead.
>>
>>8364912
Yeah, that'll do. Thanks!
>>
>>8364793
Caramel popcorn or fudge is a great gift.
>>
>>8364854
definitely making these this weekend

Reminds me of another dessert I've made before, basically just saltines+butter+sugar+chocolate chips and baked into a bark, although it looks pretty fucking trashy so it wouldn't be great as a gift... But I'll be damned if it isn't good
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.