[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can a do with steamed rice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 50798635[1].jpg (306KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
50798635[1].jpg
306KB, 3000x3000px
I'm trying to branch out in what I cook, most recently involving the new rice cooker I recently bought, does /ck/ know of any good recipes involving steamed rice?
>>
It pairs well with a lot of food. It's a great side to eat with your meats. If I'm having steak or chicken, I usually whip up a side of plain rice as a sort of carb and palette cleanser.

Another thing I like to do is mix meats in with my steamed rice to make really ghetto fried-rice recipes.

Then, if I'm having leftovers, I'll usually just throw it on top of some rice. I usually do this with things like chili for a really tasty faux-curry.
>>
Or don't buy a fucking rice steamer and make good rice.

Making Rice

2 Cups of Basmati Rice (Costco has great bulk rice)
3 Cups of water
salt in water if you want

Rinse rice in cold water in strainer/sieve for 1 minute or until the water runs clear. Boil 3 cups of water and place rice in pot. High heat until it boils reduce to gentle simmer (low heat) and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes and turn off the element. Let it rest for 15 on the element. Don’t lift the lid. Fluff rice and place in a container for overnight storage in the fridge. All fried rice requires day old rice at least.
>>
>>8362253
...or you could have a rice cooker which gives you perfect rice every time with just the press of a button

rice cookers are more than worth it if you eat a lot of rice

you can use them to steam veggies too
>>
>>8362263

And you have something else to scrub clean. Enjoy pissing away a corner of your counter.
>>
>>8362274
>And you have something else to scrub clean.
like you don't have to clean the pot you made the rice in?
>Enjoy pissing away a corner of your counter.
i keep it in the cupboard

i live in a studio apartment and even i have plenty of room for it
>>
Rice is a natural accomp to Japanese Curry and Thai Curry. On cheap nights, open a can of chili or ranch beans.

Though personally I'm trying to eat less rice, eat more vegetables, etc. If you don't see yourself eating a lot of rice then I wouldn't bother.
>>
>>8362286

but you can steam those fucking vegetables in your rice hostal. Everyone needs steam!
>>
>>8362239

Briyani
>>
>>8362263
logistically, how do you steam veggies with a ricemaker?

do you hang something over it or what
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.