[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do when you hate cooking but starve all the time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (83KB, 600x429px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 600x429px
What do you do when you hate cooking but starve all the time? I get this terrible anxiety when I try to cook something and I eventually mess up
>>
>>8361411
Try a different, easier recipe.
Buy the hardest part of recipe pre-made (like store-grilled chickens) and garnish to taste.
McDonalds.
>>
>>8361439
this basically, simplify.

You need to figure out what exactly about cooking gives you anxiety and then gradually expose yourself to it until it goes away.

A personal example: mushrooms. They used to skeeve the shit out of me, so I started with eating things that had the taste of mushrooms in more predominant roles, then I started eating things with finely chopped mushrooms in it, then increased the size of the mushrooms in the things I ate. Around this point I started preparing mushrooms myself, but I would get them pre-sliced so I didn't have to touch them as much. I worked with it more and just this past thanksgiving was able to buy whole mushrooms that I prepared with minimal freaking out.

I hope you can take something from this.

General statement: cooking isn't difficult. It's just a series of simple steps that build upon each other until you have food in front of you. Start easy, like with cooking pasta. There are foolproof recipes opie; don't forget that humans have been cooking for far longer than canned/prepackaged shit has been around.
>>
>>8361500
I don't know how to practice cooking. Is it something like buying a bunch of a certain food and then cooking it, throwing it away when you mess up and getting another one right after and trying it again? My family never taught me how to cook even when I asked constantly when I was growing up.
>>
>>8361688
dude just watch a youtube video or two and do what they say
>>
>>8361688
>practice cooking

So start with simple things like stews or braises. Any internet search will reveal tons of recipes. After that, try to roast something. It's really simple enough.
>>
>>8361688
At worse, yes. When I was a kid, I did mess a few plates up, by free-styling little meals and what-not. However, as you get older, the basics stay with you.

>basic food prep, onions/garlic/peppers
>preheat oil in pan on med/low heat
>which spices to use with which meat
>keeping and eye on your food so that it doesn't burn
>MED-LOW HEAT
>>
>>8361411
Do you live alone and cook for yourself?
Unless you're a poorfag, just attempt easy stuff and if you ruin it, oh well. Figure out what you did wrong and fix it next time.
>>
>>8361411
Get store bought ground beef, cook that up with some noodles, and throw prego sauce on there. Almost impossible to fuck up (you'll probably overcook the beef but that's fine) and it tastes decent and is filling. It kind of feels like actually cooking something, so it'll probably help you get over the anxiety. Have a veggie with it if you're so inclined.
>>
>>8362316
Shit, when I said "cook that up with some noodles" I mean cook them separately and mix them together.
>>
>>8361411
Umm... learn how to cook?

Quit being a bitch.
>>
>>8361928
>>8362316
these sound like great ideas. Thanks.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.