[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

My sister just got her first job and will be moving out soon. Since christmas is coming up, I thought it could be a cool idea to make a book full of recipes and such that aren't too expensive and not too hard/time consuming to cook.

Unfortunately I'm shit at cooking, and have no idea about anything food related in general, but I figured I'd rather ask on a dedicated board than just randomly google around for some recipes.

So if anybody has any ideas I'd appreciate any help I could possibly get
(There aren't any limitations to what she likes to eat, but she does eat salad a lot)
>>
File: shopping.jpg (9KB, 496x494px) Image search: [Google]
shopping.jpg
9KB, 496x494px
>>8359111
A decent knife makes a great present.
>>
>>8359117
This OP, a good kitchen knife makes a world of difference
>>
File: 1386549640391.jpg (457KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1386549640391.jpg
457KB, 1000x1500px
Buy her a rice cooker or a good chefs knife. Or just a generic cookbook.
Honestly unless she's interest in making her own food she's probably not going to
>>
>>8359133
This.

Though if you think she will be putting in the little time and effort: You also can buy her a slow cooker, even more simple. Basically you can only make one-pan dishes. You just throw in all of your ingrediƫnts, walk away for 6-8 hours, come home and there's a delicious meal waiting for you. Great for stews and soups and the like.

Or give her a sort of large freezer! Even more useful: to cook in large batches, and freeze it in in multiple portions. Feels great coming home and not having to do anything except heat something up.

Greets
>>
>>8359150
Oh and BBC Good Food: great site for recipes.
>>
File: the-flavor-bible.jpg (36KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
the-flavor-bible.jpg
36KB, 500x333px
>>8359111
If she actually has any interest in making her own food, get her this book. It has absolutely no recipes in it. What it has is a list of a whole bunch of ingredients, along with what those ingredients go well with. Then you make your own recipes with that info.
>>
>>8359150

I second these suggestions.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.