[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you refrigerate your hot sauce? What about salsa?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 20161120_140207~2.jpg (1MB, 3356x2722px) Image search: [Google]
20161120_140207~2.jpg
1MB, 3356x2722px
Do you refrigerate your hot sauce?
What about salsa?
>>
Ya i do, not so much to keep it from going bad or anything, I just like the contrast between the cold hotsauce and hot eggs, same with my ketchup. It just tastes better when its cold on stuff
>>
I am already sick of seeing this goddamn picture.
Yes, refrigerate everything. It can only help and never harm. Peanut butter and butter get too stiff, but salsa and hot sauces will last longer when cold.
>>
>>8356649
everything except bananas. Bananas and cold never go well together.
>>
>>8356655
They ripen slower in the cold. I don't keep mine in the fridge because I don't like that it turns the outside brown, but I've had bananas in my garage for the past week or so (which is nearly freezing cuz it's winter) and some of them are still green.
>>
>>8356649
>Peanut butter and butter get too stiff

You need to refrigerate peanut butter if you get stuff that is not preservative filled crap.
>>
that shit is disgusting you cant leave any of that shit out on the shelf once it is opened

what is the deal with this meme

it grows bacteria 10x faster
>>
>>8356706
High acidic content acts as a preservative.

Refrigerating hot sauce is sign #1 that you don't know shit about cooking
>>
>>8356665
Lucky for you. My fridge space here in dorms is so cramped the fruit just gets shoved right into the cooling elements, and that just completely destroys them. I keep them in cupboards now so no one can steal them easy.
>>
>>8356619

Capsaicin is a pretty decent antimicrobial, so no I don't refrigerate it. I don't refrigerate my honey, either.
>>
>>8356619
I refrigerate stuff that says to refrigerate on the bottle.
>>
>>8356619
I have 5 of those bottles. Neither are meme cock sauce
>>
>>8358236
>I don't refrigerate my honey, either.
Nobody does. Even if they don't know honey's hygroscopic and is incredibly resistant to spoiling if stored correctly, they're going to find out right quick how much a pain in the ass cold honey is to use.
>>
>>8358533
Salsa ALWAYS says refrigerate after opening. OP's question is pretty fucking stupid, if what hes asking is "Do I need to follow stated directions?"
>>
>>8356706
hot sauce, soy sauce, most store bought sauces in general can last like a year out of the fridge after you open them.

The thing is if you refrigerate them they can last up to two.
>>
>>8356777
Vinegar spoils eventually, though.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.