[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the superior cut of steak?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_4522.jpg (54KB, 275x381px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4522.jpg
54KB, 275x381px
What is the superior cut of steak?
>>
Free
>>
Ribeyes. There's really no contest.
>>
flamin yon
>>
Shoulder
>>
>>8351597

sweet picture you fucking dropkick
>>
>>8351599
Fpbp
>>
>>8351597

What is that, a chart for faggoty micro organisms?
>>
porterhouse if youre hungry

tenderloin if youre not that hungry
>>
>>8351961
You mother fucker, who the hell eats shoulder. What are you? A cunt bag?!??!??
>>
>>8351597
Tofu
>>
>>8351597
>>
Skirt steak.
>>
For me it is top sirloin. The best cut of steak.
>>
Ribeye served with mashed potatoes and green beans.
>>
File: veganism is life.png (614KB, 1135x758px) Image search: [Google]
veganism is life.png
614KB, 1135x758px
Probably the one that isn't red meat.
>>
>>8352701
shoulder is yummy.
>>
>>8351597
Porterhouse is the only correct answer to this question
>>
i buy chuck roasts at costco and butcher them to save money. super good, pretty tender, lots of great fat, versatile cuts,marinates well, my fave.
>>
>>8351597

Gotta go with skirt. Glorious when you marinate it in pineapple juice and bourbon before cooking.
>>
>>8353176
Skirt is so tasty in a tortilla. (Or any sandwich really)
>>
>>8353111
"Experimental group patients were prescribed an intensive
lifestyle program that included a vegan diet supplemented
with soy (1 daily serving of tofu plus 58 gm of a fortified soy
protein powdered beverage), fish oil (3 gm daily), vitamin E
(400 IU daily), selenium (200 mcg daily) and vitamin C (2 gm
daily), moderate aerobic exercise (walking 30 minutes 6 days
weekly), stress management techniques (gentle yoga based
stretching, breathing, meditation, imagery and progressive
relaxation for a total of 60 minutes daily) and participation in
a 1-hour support group once weekly to enhance adherence to
the intervention.10 The diet was predominantly fruits, vegetables,
whole grains (complex carbohydrates), legumes and
soy products, low in simple carbohydrates and with approximately
10% of calories from fat

KEK
>>
>>8353198
Yup, carne asada is great.
>>
>>8353198

I dig it stir fried with some peppers and a side of jasmine rice. Skirt steak gyro is pretty rockin as well.
>>
File: PSX_20161210_044405.jpg (589KB, 2539x1697px) Image search: [Google]
PSX_20161210_044405.jpg
589KB, 2539x1697px
First time cooking a steak, just a shitty supermarket one. It tasted alright though, I was going for rare but unsure what I was doing.
>>
>>8355130

That looks rare, but when you pan cook a steak you really need to get the pan smoking hot in order to get a good sear. It also looks like you overdid the cooking fat a bit, but that might just be poor lighting.
>>
>>8351597
Bone in Ribeye or Hanger. That's all.
>>
>>8353202
>vegan diet
man this is retarded, unless they had a bunch of people who added meat to that shit and changed nothing else they have no control and the study is bollocks.
>>
Tenderloin, Ranch, Denver, and sirloin myself. But I like my steak blue rare.

If it's a fattier piece, then medium is fine in almost any piece except maybe the shoulder or hamburger. Would only eat hamburger cooked.
>>
File: EB.webm (739KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
EB.webm
739KB, 1280x720px
>tfw you marinate flank steak in A1, broil it and use it as lunches for the week
>>
>>8351597
> the T-bone is the only answer
>Your picture shows a Porterhouse as the same as a T-Bone.
>They aren't the same.
>>
>>8353202
>stress management techniques (gentle yoga based
>stretching, breathing, meditation, imagery and progressive
>relaxation for a total of 60 minutes daily

yeah, veganism is totally not a new age cult, loooool.
>>
>>8355130
Congrads on your first effort, friend. You'll find your preference after making it a few more times.

When I first started making steaks, I would cut the steak in half after cooking it to check if it was raw in the middle. If it was still raw, i'd grill it longer.
When you get more professional, you'll know if a steak is raw just by feeling it.
>>
What about tomahawk? Is it a meme steak? Last time I saw it, it looked like it was a rib eye with an added bone.

Tomorrow I'm planning on grilling something but I'm still quite unsure as to what cut to pick.

I'm planning on using a firestarter chimney to sear it at a high temp, and then cook it slowly on the grill.

What cut is best for a high temp sear?
>>
Some thick ass short ribs, they're dirt cheap where I live, and have killer marbling. Hard sear in some pork fat, then black on bleu it. Magical
>>
Hanger or flat iron
>>
>>8353163
>being this poor
>>
>>8355662

It is a ribeye. The bone isn't added, it's simply left whole whereas on a normal ribeye that bone is trimmed off.

>>What cut is best for a high temp sear?
Any of them. High temp sear is a basic part of the cooking process for any steak. Your question is like asking "what car is best for tires".
>>
Skirt

Literally just hit it with limes and coarse salt
>>
>>8353176
Got dang that sound pretty good
>>
File: 1471918005611s.jpg (2KB, 50x124px) Image search: [Google]
1471918005611s.jpg
2KB, 50x124px
>>8351597
>>
>>8358567
>50x124
>>
>>8351597
SWEET PICTURE YOU FUCKING DROPKICK
>>
>>8356453
For nt-05s I would say mustang gt.
>>
>>8353202
fucking hippies
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.