[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

beef tongue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: img_5328[1].jpg (1MB, 3456x2304px) Image search: [Google]
img_5328[1].jpg
1MB, 3456x2304px
So, a while back my local farm had a great sale on beef tongue--$2 a tongue. The farm store clerk goaded me a little into buying two...so I bought two. After all, I do like lengua tacos.

The first tongue I made soon after purchase. Made tacos, and they were delicious.

But I still have the second tongue in the back of my freezer.

I want to make something different with it, but not sure what.

Any suggestions?

I've had Ecuadorian-style stewed tongue and, of course, lengua tacos. But I've never had tongue any other way.

I would like to stay away from Hispanic recipes this time.
>>
Make a killer fleshlight
>>
I thought that was a shoe
>>
>>8351319
use the recipe where you got the pic.
>>
>>8351319
Its one of my favourite cuts but its a pain to cook and prep, best way as far as I know is doing a stew on a pressure cooker
>>
>>8351319
http://andrewzimmern.com/2014/04/11/veal-tongue-tonnato/

Haven't tried this recipe, but we are running a similar one at work and it is actually pretty good.

Helps if you have a slicer to cut it fine enough.
>>
>>8351319
You could replace the meat in almost any braised meat dish; just adapt the cook time.
>>
I thought that was a platypus head
Cow tongues are fucking huge
>>
corned beef tongue is good
>>
>>8351319
When I was in Japan, one of the ways that I had tongue was very thinly cut (1/8" or less) across the grain, and cooked with sesame oil over a fairly hot heat. It was pretty good.
>>
>>8351325
Thanks for the reminder that I'm here
>>
Brine the fuck out of it, boil it, deskin it, slice it.
Serve with a potato-, rutabaga- and carrot mash and mustard.
>>
>>8351319

I used to cook at a high-end kike retirement home and we would just braise it forever then flash it in the broiler with house made sweet and sour... sides accordingly; fried rice, crispy won tons, etc.

The following is not a joke, nor a stereotype. It's merely fact...

Q: Why do Jews love Chinese food?
A: They really don't, it's just the only restaurants open on National/Christian holidays.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.