[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In 2 weeks I'm going to move to the Arctic where food prices

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: spaghettini-ron_elliott.jpg (41KB, 556x415px) Image search: [Google]
spaghettini-ron_elliott.jpg
41KB, 556x415px
In 2 weeks I'm going to move to the Arctic where food prices are pic related. I'll be driving up in a big SUV, and traveling light so I can take literally hundreds of pounds of food and ingredients with me. What should I make sure I bring? I can cook, but honestly I'm not that good and my parents cooked for me all through childhood/uni.
>>
>>8350141
MRE's.
All of them.
>>
Oats, nuts, seeds, dried fruits, milk powder, canned beans, canned meat and fish, vegetable powder, tomato paste
Count calories
>>
>>8350146
They seem kind of expensive.
>>
Learn to hunt.
>>
>>8350245
I am considering this, I was going to bring it up with coworkers since there are copious amounts of elk, moose, and deer up there. If I could get most of my protein from hunting it would really be a load off.
>>
>>8350141
Will you have access to a freezer, or some kind of special arctic stack where you can stock frozen food?
>>
Where in the Arctic, exactly? Alaska or Canada?
>>
>>8350226
That's why you steal them from the base, dummy.
>>
yeah all of the above basically

tons of canned food and dry shit.

make sure you bring some shit with fibre, not just tomato sauce and spaghetti or some shit.

I don't know where you're going to get onions or something so if you wamt something that actually has taste maybe instead of plain tomato paste bring Heinz tomato frito or something.

Or just as many boxes of Joylent as possible.
>>
>>8350247
also healthier than most canned meats I can imagine. I guess corned beef is fine to eat tho.
>>
>>8350263
Yes, but only a small one attached to a fridge

>>8350267
Canada

>>8350275
Onions aren't too expensive to buy from the grocery store, one of the cheapest produce up there.
>>
File: bully_beef.jpg (32KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
bully_beef.jpg
32KB, 228x221px
>>8350281
pic related :^)
>>
File: 1481223868947.jpg (30KB, 524x336px) Image search: [Google]
1481223868947.jpg
30KB, 524x336px
>>8350141

>$13 for a packet of store brand spaghetti
>>
>>8350288
Which makes me think, why don't you bring a pasta maker and ingredients?
>>
>>8350294
Because when your paychecks are twice that of Southerners and the income tax is in the single digits, you don't really mind.
>>
>>8350285
Okay, so I'd store apples and onions in bulk. You can freeze chopped celery and carrots to make bean stews with meat or such. Apples and Onions also go great with game meat. And you definitely need carbohydrates like noodles and rice, so I'd go with a formula like
noodles = days / 2 * 250g
rice = days / 2 * 200g
If you only want to live of rice and noodles for lunch, increase amounts if you want to have them for breakfast and/or dinner.
>>
>>8350286

>sautee peppers, tomato, garlic, and onion
>add corned beef
>eat with white rice and fried eggs

wow
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.