[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everything taste worse now than how I remembered it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 1481104780313.jpg (588KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1481104780313.jpg
588KB, 2000x2000px
Why does everything taste worse now than how I remembered it as a kid?

I bought a box of these, the crunch coating wasn't crunchy and there was no discernable difference between the "cake" and "strawberry" layers.
I thought it was just my imagination but then I looked at the ingredients.
Ice cream pops aren't even legally ice cream anymore, they're "frozen dairy dessert".

They can't possibly be saving that much money by skimping out on milkfat.
Even poorfag tier $5 gallon ice cream buckets are still legally ice cream.
>>
>>8347915
I used to get them as a child in school cafeteria vending machine. I felt bad for the children a grade bellow me because after I graduate they removed all fatty foods and made all drink machines diet only
>>
>>8347915
>Why does everything taste worse now than how I remembered it as a kid?

http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/menus/kids-taste-buds.htm
>>
>>8347921
Oh yeah. I'm old school like that. Mountain Dew and Cherry Pepsi all day erry day. Took them out after I graduated.
>>
>>8347915
Basically kids taste better and more intensive than adults that's why no matter how much of a cunt you are you won't get yours to eat some stuff until they are older and then you will just convince yourself that you trained him into liking it
That's also the reason why kids can eat food that tastes awful to is literally the exact same food tastes different depending on your age
>>
>>8347915
YOUR PAST TASTING EXPERIENCES ARE PAINTED BY THE ROSY COMPLEXION OF YOUR VERDANT YOUTH. YOUR CURRENT TASTE EXPERIENCES ARE FILTERED THROUGH THE HARSH RRALITY OF AN INDIFFERENT WORLD.
>>
>>8347915
Nostalgia, the change in your taste buds, and changes in ingredients
>>
Because today's food is made with cheaper low quality ingredients and laced with hormones to make you more submissive to your Jewish overlords
>>
>>8347915
They were my favorite as a kid. The almond ones were also choice
>>
File: unnamed.png (97KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
97KB, 300x300px
>>8347915
Are these related?
>This one is Australian
>>
>>8347915
>Why does everything taste worse now than how I remembered it as a kid?

Because the taste of that food in your memory is much better than what the food actually tasted like when you were a kid.

Now that you're an adult you realize those foods didn't taste all that good by comparison.

There is no food that can compete with the "flavor" of nostalgia.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (24KB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
24KB, 400x268px
>>8349768
Better pic
>>
File: good-humor-heartbrands-sm.gif (36KB, 574x230px) Image search: [Google]
good-humor-heartbrands-sm.gif
36KB, 574x230px
>>8347915
>>8349768
>>8349773

Yes they're both owned by unilever
>>
I don't drink sodas or eat chocolates anymore. They are disgustingly sweet. I want to eat them but I can't. I thought I was loosing my mind.
>>
In additional to the psychological reasons, you also have matured tastebuds. You would have hated beer as a kid but I'm sure you like it now.
>>
File: fbi_logos2.jpg (160KB, 1234x1200px) Image search: [Google]
fbi_logos2.jpg
160KB, 1234x1200px
>>8349788
#pizzagate
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.