[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else loves beans? They're easy to make and really fitting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Who else loves beans? They're easy to make and really fitting for this time of year

It's Lima beans and cornbread for dinner tonight
>>
>>8343893
I'm doing pasta with cannelini in a tomato sage sauce along with some sauteed spinach. Beans soaking right now. Will take 20 min in pressure cooker.
>>
Not easy to make at all, shit takes too long and if your water is too hard you're fucked and need to adjust with baking soda.
With a pressure cooker it's a whole nother story
>>
>babnanay are easy to mske
What? How do u mske banaas?
>>
For me, it is the black beans. The best legumes

Or are they pulses?
>>
>>8343932
Overall, it's pretty hands off though. If I'm working on something else, I just have to check them every once in a while.
>>
>>8343893
For me, it is the McChicken. The perfect bean food sandwich.
>>
File: cannellinibeans-jpg.jpg (28KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
cannellinibeans-jpg.jpg
28KB, 325x325px
>smooth creamy beans
>>
>>8343932
It's called a pressure cooker you pleb
For me? Black beans, the best tasting legume.
Honorary mentions for kidney, lima, and haricot
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I picked up some smoked jowls today at Kroger, I sautéed them in old bacon grease with onion and garlic, then added the already soaked beans on top
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
In two short hours, they should be done.
>>
>>8343893
Nothing better on a cold winters evening than limas, great northern or navys simmered with some onion, garlic, celery, smoked pork and a few dried hot peppers. Start mid-afternoon and the kitchen smells lovely too.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
update:
The water cooked down into basically gravy
The beans are creamy and delicious
8 minutes until the cornbread is ready

Pictures don't do them justice, they kinda look gross though
>>
>>8344456

Nah you can tell how thick and creamy they are. Looks good.
>>
>>8344456
I like a bit more broth, but whatever. If it was too thick, I'd add liquid. It's still homemade beans. Not much better food than that.
>>
>>8344456
They look good anon! Don't bully your beans!
>>
>>8344456

I wanted to give you shit about not rendering that fat better, but the end product looks great.
>>
>>8343893
Dry bean master race.
Only talentless hacks need to use frozen or canned beans.
I prefer soaking my beans overnight the day before I cook them. If pressed for time, I'll use the boil and simmer method, but I firmly believe that an overnight soak results in a more tender end product.
>>
>>8345204
It was sliced pork jowls, how should I handle them differently next time? When my dad makes beans, he normally throws a ham hock in, I figured they were kinda similar.
>>
Gonna make pintos tomorrow. Remind me to soak beans in the morning.
>>
>>8345202
Thank you :,)
>>
>>8345462
Just soak them now anon?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.