[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to shop for meal plan that is: -roughly 3k calories/day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0278.jpg (102KB, 658x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0278.jpg
102KB, 658x960px
I need to shop for meal plan that is:
-roughly 3k calories/day
-cheap
-nutritious
-preferably not bland
-I can shop once a week
Thanks!
>>
>pls respond
>>
>>8343441

Give us more info, anon? A suggested meal plan would vary greatly depending on where you live since that affects availability and price of ingredients.
>>
>>8343448
Hawaii so expect a large markup on nearly everything, also no oven. Best store to shop at pricewise is costco
>>
>>8343397
Just stick to the staples, Anon. What's your budget?
>rolled/scottish oats, rice, eggs, whole milk, pork, chicken, cheddar cheese, Greek yogurt, sour cream, wraps
>apples, oranges, carrots, bell peppers, celery, onions, potatoes, cabbage, spinich
>salt, pepper, sugar, cinnamon, wheat flour, dry yeast, baking soda, canola oil, honey, coffee/tea

Everything from the above can be cooked on a flat top, grill, boiler, broiler, or chopped together from the fridge. All cheap.

The amount of meals you can make from these are near limitless. Fruit salads, stir fries, flat breads, pilafs, fried meats, cereals, wraps.

What kind of cooking environment can you utilize? Appliances, utensils? How much time do you have to cook? Do you know how to make baked goods?
>>
Mexi Indian American Country
rice, beans, cheese, curries, stews, pot roasts and pernil, pollo asada, mashed potatoes, greens, tamales, tacos, biscuits, gravy, tandoori, BBQ and hot salsas
>>
>>8343499
>also no oven.
Get a toaster oven. It will change your life by improving your diet and burning your house down.
>>
>>8343397
You're on your own in terms of calories, but >>8344648
pretty much has it.

You have burners/a flat top right? Just no oven?

staples - if you want to go really cheap, rice and beans are your new source of protein, maybe have cheap sausages, discount hot dogs, or turkey bacon once a week to occasionally pretend you're not poor. Eggs are a reasonable source of protein, and there's a pretty decent variety of ways to include them.

Veggies, especially frozen and canned are a necessity. Green leafy veg is usually pretty cheap. Organic is the enemy - you'll pay twice as much for something that may be certified to not be dicked with too too much.

Pasta is cheap - do it up with some black beans or something and you once again have a complete protein.

You'll want seasonings, especially if - like me - you're on a serious budget and don't want to eat the exact same meal every day all week despite needing to use most of the same ingredients.
>>
>>8344737
Forgot about beans. Beans, beans, beans, OP. Use them for soups, chili, salads, mashes, stir fries. Great food stuff.

>>8344737
OP listen to this Anon if you are on a budget. Just because you are eating on the cheap, doesn't mean you have to eat bland.
>>
BEANS. Buy them dry and soak and cook them yourself. Find creative ways to incorporate beans into every meal. Don't eat the same one for a week straight. Just make sure you chew them thoroughly, I found if I scarf down too many beans to quickly I get major gas.
>>
>>8343397
Drink bleach so you can obtain white privilege
>>
>>8343397

Breakfast burritos my nigga.

>2 flour tortillas, the biggest your can find
>1/2 cups of cooked potatoes
>4 eggs
>half a can of spam (diced)
>or, 2 large links of breakfast or italian sausage
>or a half a tube of chorizo
> or 10 strips of bacon (diced)
>1 cup of cheese (or like, 6~8 slices of velveta or american cheese)
>optional salsa, refried beans, rice, avocado, lentils, peppers/onions mix, green chilis, etc

devide into two portions, roll em up in tortillas and eat with a glass of milk.

I assume your lifting weights/working out otherwise you're a fucking lardass.
>>
>>8346201

*1 or 2 cups potatoes, I used frozen shit
>>
>>8346144
You were the only person dumb enough to fall for it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.