[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do stir fry /ck/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: 54728_640x428.jpg (82KB, 642x428px) Image search: [Google]
54728_640x428.jpg
82KB, 642x428px
How do stir fry /ck/?
>>
cook vegetables and meat in a pan and then add in sauce. it's the fucking most basic thing next to spaghetti, are you ignorant or are you twelve?
>>
Put stuff in pan and heat it up
>>
>>8343056
Fry while stirring.
>>
For me it is pork fried rice.
>>
File: wok cooking.jpg (88KB, 620x496px) Image search: [Google]
wok cooking.jpg
88KB, 620x496px
>>8343090

Stir-fry is anything but basic, anon. What you're describing is just sauteing shit in a pan. The fact that you're calling it a "stir fry" and "basic" just shows how fucking clueless you are.

First you need a seriously powerful heat source. Much of the flavor of a stir-fry comes from the heat (Google "wok hei"). A standard home hob won't cut it. You need a seriously powerful gas burner or a charcoal fired stove. That's the #1 reason why people bitch about "why doesn't my stir-fry taste like the chinese restaurant". It's not a matter of ingredient, it's a matter of technique.

First thing into the wok is oil. Then an aromatic paste to form the base of the flavors of the dish. This could be shrimp paste, doubanjiang, douchi, etc, depending on the dish. Garlic, ginger, and chili are also common additions. The goal is to roast these ingredients to bring out the flavors, but not to burn them. That's tricky. You need the crazy-high-heat to get the taste right, but the line between good and burnt is razor thin. Once the aromatic base is ready then you add the other ingredients in order of cooking time. Longer cooking time foods go in first. Stuff that cooks quickly is added later. The food is tossed, deliberately getting some oil into the air which then catches fire (pic related). That's where part of the flavor comes from too. Toss the food while it cooks so it doesn't stick and burn.

If the dish has a thick "Sauce" then that's often made last-minute by adding some starch-water slurry right at the end of cooking. That thickens the juices already in the wok to create the sauce. some dishes also have additional oil added right at the end to give it gloss (i.e. mapo tofu, for example).
>>
File: P1100057cropres.jpg (243KB, 1000x854px) Image search: [Google]
P1100057cropres.jpg
243KB, 1000x854px
Heat the wok, not the oil.

Then throw in your shit in 30 second intervals, starting with the oil and any raw protein (including eggs).

Other than that, the order doesn't matter.

If it's dry as shit you need more oil.

If you're frying rice and it sticks, use less water when you cook it.
>>
>>8343142
>i.e. mapo tofu, for example
Not why you add oil at the end for mapo tofu but other than that you're mostly correct.
>>
File: 1481071830759753700364.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1481071830759753700364.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Here's tonight's attempt. Chopped onions and garlic mix with Granny Smith apples mix with fried chicken thighs top with lemon and lime. Hate it praise it either way I'm eating it
>>
>>8344465
I guess asking for any color is too much.
>>
>>8344475
Yeah doesn't look too appetizing. I put some cooked rice in the suck up the juice. What do you think I should add?
>>
File: 1481072410311670327486.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1481072410311670327486.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I threw some Kikkoman soy sauce on it. Any better?
>>
>>8344465
>>8344493
This looks fucking dismal
>>
>>8344493
>>
>>8344493
It looks like a meal. If we are talking about appearance, I wouldn't serve it to house guests. I'd get some colour in there. Fry up some bright veggies (bell peppers, medium julienne carrots, broccoli florets, etc), top the dish with black and white sesame seeds or bright garnish.
If you're eating for sustenance, who gives a fuck about what it looks like.
>>
>>8344541
Yeah some peppers would have toned down the sweet on it. Holy shit the sweetness was kicking my mouth.
Better luck next time
>>
>>8344568
Good attitude. Take every meal as a learning experience. Never stop experimenting.
>>
>>8343056
You need a high btu burner, I had some success on a new stove that has a 22k btu burner and a thick cast iron pan. I think the chinese restaurant peeps use burners that are like 100k+ btu to get that stir fry style going.
>>8343142
Why am I getting deja vu like we discussed this previously, oh god, it's that pesky Mandela effect phasing into another universe crap, or not.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.