[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modernist Cuisine Cookbook

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: serveimage(27).jpg (2MB, 1935x2592px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage(27).jpg
2MB, 1935x2592px
Is it any good? I just downloaded the complete set.
>>
>>8340986
link to the download?
>>
>>8341001
Sorry it's on a private tracker. I'm sure you can find it on a public one.
>>
Downloaded a cracked version of the app for my jailbroken iPhone.

>cool
>lots of good info
>annoying to read in app form
>deleted it

I'm sure the physical books are 1000x better, same goes for PDF version. Physical books for this subject/layout is the best.
>>
El Bulli, bitch.
>>
>>8340986
I liked the history and fundamentals part. Didn't get around to reading much more than that.
>>
>>8342167
Which book ?
I am more interrested in techniques, history and since then recepies
>>
>>8340986
is this the one that has grant from chef steps? i can't remember. but this does look pretty cool, i'm jelly
>>
>>8340986

It's fucking fantastic. A lot of people get distracted by the pretty pictures but that's missing the point entirely.

>>8342182
It's the gold standard for techniques.
It doesn't discuss history much. And it does have recipes, but as I mentioned above, that's missing the point:

The point of MC is that it teaches you the fundamentals. How and why things work. Then you can apply that knowledge for problem-solving and optimizing your own recipes. If you just want recipes to follow you can get that elsewhere.
>>
I only read the introduction yet and they go full autistic about measurments of ingredients.

Still looked into buying the books because they make a good impression but the price is like half my monthly income
>>
>>8343710
>>I only read the introduction yet and they go full autistic about measurments of ingredients.

You best be prepared. The first volume is like a college textbook.

Yeah, they're expensive, but if you cook a lot and use the information within the value is incredible. I spent a lot more money on books for college that I didn't use ever again.
>>
>>8343715
>The first volume is like a college textbook.
yeah, that's the thing. I can't be arsed to read more technical books because I have to read a lot for uni.
Also I still need to order my microscale device so I can weight 0.01 g of salt lel
>>
>>8340986
>books
>in 2016
>>
Also i just checked to buy the books and it's only 5 volumes. What's up with the 6th one in thr OP?
>>
>>8343743
Oh, never mind. Just read the description and the 6th book is shipped with the 5 volumes
>>
>>8343730

Yep. Tech does a lot of things well, but reading books ain't it.
>>
>>8343752

Yeah, the book on top is the recipe guide. It's spiral-bound so it will sit flat on the table without trying to close itself like a normal book.

There's also a separate book "Modernist cuisine at home" which is simplified and uses fewer exotic tools.
>>
>>8343770
>Modernist cuisine at home
Yeah, I've seen that one as well. But I'd rather go all out and get the 5 volumes.

Really playing with the thought to order right now but it's hard because the price is literally worth:
- 1 week holliday travel
or
- 7 full tanks of petrol
or
- 1 entry-level sous vide cooker
>>
File: 1478100298826.jpg (31KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1478100298826.jpg
31KB, 640x640px
>>8343787
how much is it? i didn't realize it was so expensive
>>
>>8343826
around 500 €

I think I'd rather get myself the sous vide desu
>>
>>8343843
yeah wow. that's insane.

i'd say you'd be better off buying a sous vide. you can probably find an awful lot of the information in the books just searching online. it'd take some searching, and it wouldn't be nearly as organized and in depth as the book, but it seems to me more economical
>>
>>8343843
>$500

Great. I'll get a set and display it prominently next to my Picasso sketches to impress people. I certainly won't let my cook put her filthy hands on them.
>>
I just downloaded them as well.
They certainly look like good books.
Will definitely have to read them.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.