[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making Miso

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Miso_sold_in_Tokyo_foodhall.jpg (130KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Miso_sold_in_Tokyo_foodhall.jpg
130KB, 768x1024px
Anyone make their own Miso?

I just started the first step by making the rice koji kin that's required for it. Sprinkled some koji spores oversweet rice and have it incubating at 86F.
>>
No, but this could be an interesting thread.
>>
no, miso sorry
>>
Seems like a waste of time I would imagine. I am definitely interested to see how yours turns out though. I've been using Koji and soy sauce as a marinade recently. Tastes amazing on portobellos.
>>
I also bury my own kimchi pots in the back yard. NO! No, don't make your own.
>>
>>8341771
Basically this, unless you live in Japan or have access to a particularly good Japanese supermarket it seems like it would be impossible to even have access to the ingredients to make something even half as decent as the mass market stuff. And if you can satisfy one of those requirements you probably have access to some very good miso already.
>>
>>8341771
>koji as marinade

I doubt it.

Koji are the spores of a fungus that ferment the soybeans.
>>
>>8341846
>access to the ingredients difficult

Huh?
Sweet rice, soybeans, water and salt. The only thing exotic is the koji mold that ferments the soybeans and it's available on the internet.
>>
>>8342541
koji is the result of the spores being introduced to rice. Quit trying to be a contrarian when you dont know what youre talking about.

https://blog.japancentre.com/2014/05/26/shio-koji-the-secret-marinade-thats-full-of-flavour/
>>
>>8343086
Koji are the fungus spores of Aspergillus oryzae. Koji kin is the rice innoculated with koji. I'm making a batch of Koji kin right now with Koji. You might use Koji kin in a marinade, but not just the spores.

Who doesn't know what they're talking about now, pissant dumbass? Go sprinkle some koji spores in your marinade. I'm sure the flavor will be enhanced, idiot.
>>
>>8343283
i was referring to shio koji. in any culinary context it is assumed. i guess i was unclear, but if you knew anything you would have gathered that from my post. i hope you can work through whatevers going on in your life that makes you this way
>>
Step 1: acquire an old Chinese grandma
>>
File: 170px-Hiroshima_10km.jpg (13KB, 170x233px) Image search: [Google]
170px-Hiroshima_10km.jpg
13KB, 170x233px
>>8344067
>if you knew anything
>work through the issues in your life

Experimenting with making a fundamental product of japanese cuisine when I'm not japanese. Gave you a schoolboy lesson on words in your own language and food production processes that you did not know. You throw a girlish fit.

Who's got issues, shithead?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.