[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Food Purchasing Habits

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: serveimage(26).jpg (63KB, 690x360px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage(26).jpg
63KB, 690x360px
How do you guys purchase your food? Do you buy food for the month or go weekly?

I need to get in the habit of going weekly for fresh ingredients and then use all of them by the end of the week.

Also where do you go? Pic related is the best market. Also requesting Publix worker pepe.
>>
File: Wegmans.jpg (56KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
Wegmans.jpg
56KB, 550x400px
I go on Saturday morning to get most of what I'm going to need for the weekend and the first part of the week. Maybe Walmart around Wednesday if I need something else.

Also this is now a Wegmans thread.
>>
Bi-weekly to Publix or Winn-Dixie (depends on who is offering the best sales).

Typically I'll save my appetite for lunch if I'm going to Publix because they make some bangin' Reubens, but if I'm not really hungry I'll opt to go to Winn-Dixie. Their produce and meats aren't priced too differently
>>
>>8336924
Yah I love Winn Dixie but I always end up going to Publix because I go right beside it on the way home from work.
>>
File: Fiesta21.jpg (82KB, 670x470px) Image search: [Google]
Fiesta21.jpg
82KB, 670x470px
>>8336718

>Buy food for the month

I really hope nobody does this, I would hate to see what their diet is like.

That being said I go weekly and finish all the fresh ingredients in that timespan, much like you said. I live in Houston which has a diverse selection of giant supermarkets (HEB, Kroger, Randalls, Aldi) but I've found the cheapest to be Fiesta, so that's where I go.
>>
>>8337095
You buy for the month all your dry/frozen goods, and then go biweekly for your fresh stuff.
>>
>>8337107
Lot's of healthy food freezes well.
>>
File: pepe publix.png (255KB, 447x458px) Image search: [Google]
pepe publix.png
255KB, 447x458px
publix is the shit. i love their subs so much
>>
File: Facade+3.jpg (171KB, 1000x534px) Image search: [Google]
Facade+3.jpg
171KB, 1000x534px
I usually spend between $10-30 per week since I live only a few blocks away from some stores and walk to them most of the time.

I wish we had HEB in West Texas, but pic related will have to do in the meantime.
>>
File: 1479431643264.jpg (89KB, 650x1053px) Image search: [Google]
1479431643264.jpg
89KB, 650x1053px
>>8337095
I always buy food for the entire month the first day after payday.

Legumes and frozen chicken and vegetables.
>>
>>8336718
Buy fresh food twice a week seeing as I work right next to a grocer less waste and more variety
>>
>>8337095
I used to live in a little village in the middle of nowhere and in order to get groceries we had to drive 3 hours half of which was over mountain logging roads and then drive back so we got 2-3 months worth of food all at once and stocked the freezers.

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/49.9265425,-126.6536842/50.0359536,-125.2479548/@49.9097119,-126.5129279,9z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!4m1!3e0

That is going for groceries when I was a kid.
>>
>>8338587
Thank you for this. I lost mine somewhere.
>>
>>8336718
I have two little groceries in walking distance of where I live, one Mexican, the other Chinese. The prices at the Chinese one beats out any supermarket nearby. I'm there two or three times a week just to pick up random veggies.

Once every month or so I hit the big Middle Eastern supermarket to stock up on olive oil, dried beans, tahini and the like. About once every two months I reluctantly hit Whole Foods for some bulk and specialty items.

Also I have an Indian store nearby for spices.
>>
>>8336718
I eat fast food take away like any average ck poster
>>
I've been carless for a while so I only buy what I can fit in my backpack. As a result I end up riding to my local grocery store on my bike a couple times a week.
>>
>>8336718
>>8338587
publix is 5 minutes away and winn-dixie is right across the street, but i still go to publix for the atmosphere.
>>
>>8339329
>like any average ck poster
Nope.
>>
File: Pepe_rare.png (128KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe_rare.png
128KB, 1000x1000px
>Half mile from Winn Dixie
>Half mile in the opposite direction from Lucky's Market
>10 minute drive from Publix
>20 minute drive from Trader Joes, Fresh Market, Whole Foods, and two great local grocery co-ops
>>
If I want something or really like something I'll almost always buy 2 of it. I don't know why I just buy 2 of a lot of things.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.