[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do YOU marinate your meat /ck/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: images (18).jpg (31KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (18).jpg
31KB, 443x332px
How do YOU marinate your meat /ck/?
>>
>>8334065
I've been using a Thai style marinade lately that's great with pork or chicken. Basically soy sauce, fish sauce, honey, lime juice, garlic, galangal, lemon grass, thai peppers slit open, green onion and cilantro. For pork chops or steaks I'll grill direct. For larger cuts I smoke it.

What's in your marinade in the pic?
>>
>>8334065
Seconding this question. I have a kitchen stocked with asian stuff and I'm tired of soy sauce and sugar marinades. I have a bunch of chipotle marinade frozen for whenever I feel like chipotle chicken, but that's rare. Ideas please.
>>
>>8334135
Some soy sauce, lemon, garlic, onions and mushrooms.
I made some Shashlik the other week but I felt the meat tasted kinda bland, might have been the pork though...
>>
File: UTIYqrn.jpg (991KB, 1648x3975px) Image search: [Google]
UTIYqrn.jpg
991KB, 1648x3975px
>>8334065
>he fell for the marinade meme
>he doesn't understand osmosis or high school level biochemistry

You're not making your food more flavorful, retard. It's only as effective as dry seasoning, except much more wasteful and autistic. None of the best chefs in the world marinate their meat. Why do you think that is?
>>
>>8334390
Low test
>>
Nah I just put ketchup on everything instead.
>>
>>8334065
Marinade is a surface treatment, anon. Best thing to do with meat is salt it (dry brine) overnight so the salt mixes in with the muscle.

Marinate it if you must, for a couple hours max before cooking.
>>
>>8334356
I did a rack of ribs in a honey ham style 24 hour marinade that was damn good, for thanksgiving, as a change of pace. It was from Raichlen's Project Smoke. It would defiitely work for pork chops or pork but steaks and might work for a pork loin, but I wouldn't go much thicker because it was only a 24 hour brine.

Also, it's a real concentrated brine so next time I'll probably cut back on the salt by 1/4 cup and let it rest in the refrigerator for 24 hours instead of 2 after the brining.

It was interesting to have ribs with the flavor of smoked ham.
>>
I'm not quite sure this is the same thing as marinating.
We cook a meat a bit under desired doneness then put it into a baggy or container with some flavourful stuff and let it sit a minute or two before removing it from that and serving up. During that time, it comes to desired doneness without worry of overcooking. Would English call this marinating or something else? We call it "baptising" and don't have a word for marinating because we either cook directly in a marinade (which I know is called braising in English) or do it the way I just described.

Here are some examples:
• garlic, lemon zest and fresh rosemary blitzed with pork, chicken or lamb's lard/tallow (depending on the meat) and with fresh cracked pepper and fresh powdered dried chili stirred in. This one goes well with pork, lamb and chicken.
• smoked dry chilies and dry onion, both freshly powdered stirred into pork or chicken lard with fresh parsley. Good on chicken or pork.
• dry mushrooms and dry onion freshly powdered and whipped into a bit of butter with parsley. Goes best on beef, duck/goose and deer/elk.
• caraway, peppercorn and dill goes with just about everything, but especially pork.

In most of them, the lard/tallow can be swapped for oil or butter.
>>
>>8334390
>meat curing methods with brine don't penetrate meat

Oh really? Try Ruhlman's american style canadian bacon or Martha Stewart's corned beef. Notice the pink color throughout the meat after cooking? The ham like flavor throughout? That was the penetration of the Cure #1 (Prague Powder) penetrating throughout the meat. Think the spices didn't carry through? Cut all but a 1/2" x 1/2 inch chunk of the interior and taste it. "Muh, no flavor penetration". Wrong I just did it, idiot.

What's your point in posting completely stupid misinformation? Some twisted sexual perversion that excites you when people repeat it?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.