[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comfy crock pot recipes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: x_0_0_0_14093789_800.jpg (324KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
x_0_0_0_14093789_800.jpg
324KB, 800x534px
Just purchased my first crock pot, what are your favorite things to make /ck/?
>>
>>8328228
Crock Pots are great for keeping food warm and nothing else.
>>
>>8328228
Ask /fit/ they have more shit than ck, most ck doesn't like cock pots
>>
>>8328281
Yeah, sorry. We like our food to have flavor.
>>
>inb4 somebody posts the copypasta
>>
>>8328284
I doubt most people who purchase crock pots here or on fit are going for a unique flavor. My assumption is people are going for A) cheap way to make a few days food stupidly easy or B) make some really high protein food really easily
>>
>>8328287
I'm only here for the copypasta
>>
>>8328308
This. You have to brown the meat and saute the aromatics and you can come close to an oven braise. So you don't get to just dump everything in the pot raw (which most people do) and expect the same depth of flavor as real cooking. But if you do the proper prep, you can have a full flavored braise or stew develop while you're at work.
>>
CHicken with cream of mushroom, fresh sliced mushrooms, and onion and garlic thats been sweated in a pan with butter.
>>
I don't get it every time I've used a crock pot the meat is very flavorful? why you guys say no?
>>
>>8328415
Welcome to /ck/, crockpots are just considered lazy mans cooking. If you know what you are doing in prep most can turn out fine.
>>
700-800g of beef
1 middle-sized onion (or big if you love the stuff)
10-15 black peppers
1-2 carrots
water
butter
2 bay leaves

1. Fry the meat in small portions on a hot pan and in butter so they get brown.

2. Add sliced carrots and chopped onions to the pot with the meat. No need for layers, mix 'em up in there.

3. Sprinkle salt on it. Add the peppers and bay leaves as well (fresh parsley is good as well).

4. Pour water on the pan you used to fry the beef and have it boil. Pour it to the pot. You need to have the stuff covered.
4-1. Pour boiled water to the pot until there's enough to cover the ingredients.

5. Put pot in over. 200 celsius for 3 hours.
>>
File: 1480235072118.jpg (54KB, 555x547px) Image search: [Google]
1480235072118.jpg
54KB, 555x547px
>>8328426
> Put pot in over. 200 celsius for 3 hours.
>>
>>8328418
So the harder to prepare the dish, the better /ck/ chef you are?

It's not the taste they're after?
>>
File: hmmm.jpg (56KB, 264x292px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.jpg
56KB, 264x292px
>>8328429
meant to say oven, sorry. or was there a problem in the temperature?
>>
>>8328431
the more effort the better the dish, no one cares about taste here
>>
Mulled wine
>>
>>8328439
That's... kinda sad
>>
>>8328439
>Look! I'm really stupid!
>>
File: IMG_20161130_002853.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161130_002853.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Just made this the other day, 3rd time I make it and still love it

Can't be bothered to look it up, but Google sun-dried tomatoes and chicken pilaf, it's really good and very easy to make

My pic probably doesn't do it justice but it tastes great, assuming you like sun-dried tomatoes, pesto, and stuff like that
I also add a couple of teaspoons of sambal (oelek) for a bit of extra spice
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.