[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cashew Apples

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Cashews.jpg (3MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
Cashews.jpg
3MB, 5184x3456px
Has anyone ever tried one of these? Not the nut, but the apple.

I've heard they are astringent, but I'm curious as to what the other flavor attributes are.
>>
>>8327304
I've had the wine, it was overly sweet.
>>
>>8327324
Gross. Did it taste like anything else? Mango-ey, tropical, bitter... anything?
>>
>>8327329
I've had the fruit. You've to try to avoid the gumminess around the nut. It's very juicy, kind of a mix of a mango and a banana but has more of a bite than either. There is also a sort of stickiness but I can't think of other fruits with that aftertaste.
>>
>>8327393
>gumminess around the nut

The texture of the flesh changes towards the bottom of the apple?
>>
>>8327304
Don't really remember the main flavor but it had an aftertaste like a red bell pepper.
Not that great
>>
>>8328044
No the nut puts out this sap that's kind of gross. So you want to cut the part around the nut so you don't eat the sap. The actual fruit is fine and I really liked it.
>>
>>8328927
Really? And you just ate it fresh? Mind if I ask where you were at the time? They're remarkably perishable so they don't get shipped.
>>
>>8327304
I could have sworn that I've read the the cashew fruit was poisonous. I guess not.
>>
>>8329051
me too. Not deadly poisonous, but just noxious enough to make eating them inadvisable.
>>
>>8329051
>>8329057
The fruit is not. The shell of the nut, however, contains a good amount of urushiol, which is the active ingredient in poison ivy. They can't be touched without being processed first. This is also why you aren't supposed to eat raw cashews.
>>
File: APPLE.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
APPLE.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
>>8327304
When I lived in Thailand, I would eat these all the time. But they looked more like pic related.

Very refreshing when chilled... very light, sweet flavour. But as mentioned, it can be a bit astringent around the bottom.
>>
>>8329145
Those are two completely different fruits.

That said, they're tasty as fuck with Vietnamese muoi ot.
>>
>>8329148
Are you saying they don't have the cashews growing out of them at the bottom? Because I was almost certain that was the case.
>>
>>8329148
Nope, you are right. Just did a bit of searching. There you go.
>>
>>8329152
Yep.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syzygium_samarangense
>>
>>8329040
Yeah I ate it fresh. It was in my family home in south india. Late spring/early summer is when the fruit ripens there. We have a ton of different fruit trees that my grandfather planted when he was young.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.