[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is paleo a meme or legit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1458468087822.jpg (386KB, 1280x765px) Image search: [Google]
1458468087822.jpg
386KB, 1280x765px
Is paleo a meme or legit?
>>
>>8327092
Paleo is indeed an element of a culture or system of behaviour passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means.
Yes it is a meme.
>>
All I know is that I ate a lot of pulled pork last night and this morning my piss smelled weird.
>>
One of the best memes out there because it suckers in atheists who actually believe their retarded evolution shit.
>>
>>8327092
It's legit from a medical/nutritious standpoint....with that said, paleo followers always are exactly insufferable like you'd imagine them
>>
>>8327250
>always are exactly

you mean 'are always exactly'
>>
>>8327252
you mean 'always are insufferable, exactly like you'd imagine them''.
>>
Im not totally strict, but it works well for me.
>>
>>8327256

polar flowers always like exactly you,d imagine insufferable
>>
File: Bruce_Lee_-_Enter_the_Dragon.jpg (120KB, 966x467px) Image search: [Google]
Bruce_Lee_-_Enter_the_Dragon.jpg
120KB, 966x467px
>>8327502
I don't think u get what it means
>>
I lost a lot of weight (~80 lbs) by strictly following it a few years ago. Abandoned it after I stopped dieting.

It definitely worked and was pretty fast but I'm convinced that it's unhealthy to do in the long term.
>>
>>8327250
In a sense I would agree with this. There IS nutrition based rationale that could be applied to it, but it's more of an effect rather than the goal of the diet. To my understanding the goal is "eat what our ancestors used to eat because they wuz healthy right".

In actuality, it functions as a decent diet because it gets energy dense foods (carbs, like bread) limited in your diet, which means most people will lose weight on it. Additionally, if you're not eating energy dense foods, you'll be eating more of other stuff (vegetables specifically) that will likely make your diet overall healthier. There is nothing inherent to the diet plan that is "healthy" besides that fact that it minimizes calorie dense types of food and forces you to eat a greater variety of things likely (but not necessarily) healthier for you.

For someone like me, it's useless. Weighed 150lbs soaking wet at 6'3" throughout my teens, went to /fit/ and had to gain 50lbs to be decently strong, so cutting carbs from my diet is pointless because they're not inherently unhealthy, and I eat piles of fruit/vegetables on top of that.
>>
>>8327092
It can and does work, the problem with Paleo is that people do it for a month, lose X pounds and then stop and gain that X pounds right back.

It can work very well you just have to stick with it, cutting your carbs and checking what you eat before you stuff your face is easier and more practical long term.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.