[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

stainless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 20161130_202914.jpg (737KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161130_202914.jpg
737KB, 2048x1152px
Is there any saving my pans? I loved my stainless steel. I bought them when I lived alone and cooked only for myself and took good care of them. I've since gotten married and my wife is a great lady but she only understands teflon and ruined all of my pans. It wouldn't be terrible but we hang our pans in the open because I cook multiple times a day and I don't want this to be hanging in the open in my kitchen. I've tried vinegar, baking soda, boiling with lime, everything I can think of. Are they fucked?
>>
>>8325878
>I've tried vinegar, baking soda, boiling with lime, everything I can think of.
All that and they still look like the pic? Scary shit m8. I wish I knew what to recommend. How much did you pay for em?

Fwiw, I think good maintenance over a long period of time will eventually restore them. Every time wifey scorches them it'll counteract your progress though.
>>
>>8325903
I didn't pay a ton. Probably 40 for the two smaller ones and 30 for the big one with the copper bottom. They are the kohl's special. We just bought a set of ceramic which is great for non stick but takes for fucking ever to heat up. I just wanted to save my pans because to me they represent the time in my life where I learned to cook like an adult. But she would just drop frozen hash browns in there with absolutely no fat because somehow cooking with fat is the reason people are fat. Yet our cast iron is pristine so who the fuck knows.
>>
>>8325878
soap, water, and a stainless steel scrubbie pad
it's fine
>>
File: 2681799-2681799.jpg (162KB, 683x600px) Image search: [Google]
2681799-2681799.jpg
162KB, 683x600px
Have you tried one of these steel scrubbers? They can often get rid of the most stubborn stains. Then, if you do get them clean, don't let that bitch near your pans again until she learns how to use them. Let her have her shitty teflon. Your wife must be damn hot for you to put up with her ruining your shit.
>>
Bar keeper's friend has saved my ass a couple of times
>>
Dish soap, warm water and let it to soak for an hour or two. Then just scrub it with this >>8325961
>>
>>8325878

Pick up a container of Bar Keeper's Friend. Start scrubbing, all of that residue will come off. Works nicely to brighten up copper also.

And once you do that go out and get yourself a de Buyer mineral (carbon steel) fry pan, you'll find that the Costco specials aren't worth cooking with.

http://www.debuyer.com/en/products/mineral-b-element

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4o_HbZvCMM

These are lifetime pans. Stovetop or oven, no problems with high temps. The season up better than old cast iron used to, non-stick is a few uses of the pan away.

And let everyone know that it is your pan...and to keep their hands off of it.
>>
File: Cleanser_Polish_12oz_NEW.jpg (258KB, 1264x1264px) Image search: [Google]
Cleanser_Polish_12oz_NEW.jpg
258KB, 1264x1264px
Who the fuck doesn't know about Barkeeper's Friend at this point in life?
>>
>>8325961
I've scrubbed it before but I didn't like the scratch marks it left. My wife isn't damn hot but she is a great mother and a wonderful person and that's good enough for me. I think I may just buy myself one top notch stainless pan and make it the pride and joy of my kitchen.
>>
OP here, I've used barkeeper's friend as a teen when my dad had a really cool bronze bar top, just didn't consider it for stainless. Thanks for the tip
>>
>>8326173
>>8326182
>>8326185

This

Literally gets off like every sort of stain from everything. The most caked on grease on my kettle or soap scum on my shower, shit takes it away like magic.
>>
>>8325878
call it a patina
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.