[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are falafels supposed to be really dry and awful?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: falafel.jpg (914KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
falafel.jpg
914KB, 3264x2448px
are falafels supposed to be really dry and awful?
>>
do the chickpeas have to be cooked or just soaked?
>>
>>8324032
Chickpeas just soaked are inedible. Soaking is the prelude to cooking.
>>
I don't know, but whenever I have them from a restaurant they're good and not dry.
>>
>>8324021
I thought the same OP till I tried the best fucking falafels in le marais, paris. Soooo juicy and tender with grilled eggplants and shit. You just haven't had good falafel yet.
>>
>>8324021
Was thinking about trying to bake falafels ("falafels"); anybody give them a shot? Edible?
>>
>>8324048

Why bother baking them when deep frying is easy, fast, and guaranteed successful? what's the hangup with frying?
>>
>>8324052
frying makes them too fatty
>>
>>8324021

no, they're moist and full of flavor with that crispy texture on the outside.

i love living in israel.
>>
File: pita pit_large image (1).jpg (109KB, 360x200px) Image search: [Google]
pita pit_large image (1).jpg
109KB, 360x200px
anyone know how the falafels from here are?
>>
>>8324055

What makes you think that? The amount of fat absorbed by food fried at the correct temperature is negligible. You're worrying about a total non-issue.
>>
>>8324021
NO MY MAIN MAN YOU'VE JUST BEEN EXPOSED TO UNFORTUNATELY BAD FALAFEL.
>>
>>8324021
>falafel
>say awful every time you say the name

Yes anon you figured it out.
>>
>>8324091
feh - lah - fell

fag
>>
>>8324072
UNFORTUNATELY QUITE SOGGY WITH NO CRISP TEXTURE TO SPEAK OF WHICH IS ONE OF THEIR MOST ATTRACTIVE FEATURES. THE FLAVOR ITSELF IS OK BUT ITS JUST NOT ENOUGH. I DONT RECOMMEND THEM.
>>
>>8325257
fah-lah-fell

stupid american don't understand the difference between a and e
>>
>>8324085
>negligible

do you keep track of how much oil you consume deepfying? i do, and it's not negligible
>>
>>8324021
old falafel is
its like eating old fries
>>
>>8324021
listen i used to eat regularly and i mean 2-3 times a week in this armenian restaurant and ever since it closedi keep amzing myself on how bad is the same food when made by other places
falafel isn hrd to pull off, there isnt bad falafel, good falafel is falafel thats ade on the spot, it isnt supposed to be served hours after its made like most assholes do
hummus can be frozen just fine, hell i had really cold borderline frozen hummun in freshly baked warm pita, you know when it baloons and is crunchy and it was delicious but hummus isnt supposed to be oily and sour
those big meat pizzas (i dont remember the nae ok) you baje them until chunchy nd hot, you dont microwave them or throw them in a pan for five, add a slice of lemon as dressing and its perfect
>>
>>8324021
yeah. they are pretty shit. just like any sand nigger food I ever tasted.
>>
>>8325475
>falafel isn hrd to pull off, there isnt bad falafel, good falafel is falafel thats ade on the spot, it isnt supposed to be served hours after its made like most assholes do

I agree. Best is made-to-order. Even sitting under a heat lamp for 15 minutes, it's just like french fries or other fried foods, there's a real difference between fresh cooked and sitting around for a bit.

To OP's question, it shouldn't be seriously dry; some steam should come out when you break open a freshly cooked falafel. That said, I do like falafel with moist accompaniments, like tahini, hummus, baba, or other sauces/spreads, or with some tomatoes/pickles other veggies in a sandwich.
>>
>>8324021
I can never seem to make good falafel. I've tried multiple recipes and they never turn out nearly as good as ones are restaurants. I'm probably better off just buying boxed mix or frozen patties.
>>
File: 457007633.jpg (310KB, 1000x1389px) Image search: [Google]
457007633.jpg
310KB, 1000x1389px
>>8325266
>>
>>8324072
some of the worst falafel i've had
>>
>>8324021
if you're making them from scratch they can be though i just douse them in hummus/chili or sweet chili
>>
>>8324061
Stop stealing arab culture and food. Hummus too. Fucking kike
>>
>>8326239
So, what are you doing for Hannukah? Maybe we can light some candles, no?
>>
>>8324072
The one by my place doesn't even have falafel on their menu. What the fuck is up with that? It's named
>the pita pit
for fucks sake.

Whatever tho. Sounds like their falafel is shit and they look like a chipotle-tier chain as far as price/quality goes so I'll continue to ignore.
>>
>>8326239
Eating food from another culture isn't "stealing" anything you massive retard. You sound like a SJW screeching about cultural appropriation.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.