[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Turkey meatballs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Turkey.jpg (70KB, 589x393px) Image search: [Google]
Turkey.jpg
70KB, 589x393px
Just made turkey meatballs out of 500g turkey mince, 1 half diced onion, 2tsp chilli powder&coriander. But when I fried them in some olive oil and ate them I found they tasted a little earthy maybe due to too much coriander, problem is I've already made the fuckers and I don't know what to do bout the others I have in the fridge that I was gonna eat tomorrow, how do I cover up the flavour or change it. Shall I just murder it with sauce?
>>
>>8321495
The only solution is suicide.
>>
>>8321496
Yea OP pretty much what this Anon said
>>
>>8321502
Well suicide seems to be the consensus and I trust you guys
>>
>>8321495
Murder with a spicy sauce of earthy flavors like coriander.
>>
>>8321495
Garlic aioli or some sort of mayo based sauce
>>
>>8321495
learn from your mistake and become stronger in your ways next time
>>
>>8321521
You got any ideas for seasonings for turkey mince, It's super healthy and I'm trying to lose weight but I've been used to a life of processed food so I can't season for shit.
>>
>>8321517
ayyy ty I got some light mayonnaise and I can maybe make something with it. I was considering bathing it in some tomato and basil sauce and having with pasta
>>
>>8321504
Maybe use then in sketti
>>
>>8321527
Turkey is very mild in flavor so it's pretty much a blank canvas. You can season it however you like. A few ideas:

Classic herbs: parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, lemon zest.

Middle Eastern: Za'tar, Ras El Hanout, or other similar spice blend

Indian: curry powder, garam masala, chili pepper

Asian: ginger, sesame oil, garlic, chili

Also, a protip: whenever you make meatballs, sausage, meat loaf, or similar: start by test-cooking a bite-size part of your mixture. You can nuke it in the microwave or fry it in a pan. Taste-test that before you proceed with cooking the whole batch so you can adjust the seasoning as needed.
>>
>>8321541
not OP but v helpful, thx
>>
>>8321541
Ok thanks for the seasoning tips was just gonna ask how do you recommend cooking it I fried my meatballs with a little bit of olive oil for around 12 mins turning every now and again but they came out semi dry, my induction hob is ass for frying on
>>
>>8321548
Turkey is super lean so it will nearly always make dry meatballs. That's why most meatball recipes you see will call for fattier meat like pork mince.

Frankly, I consider ground turkey to be very nearly inedible. It has such a fine line between being properly/safely cooked and overcooked-and-dry that it's not even worth messing with. I'd suggest adding some pork mince to your meatballs. Yeah it will add a little fat but that's OK. Focus on portion control rather than the type of ingredients you use if you're worried about calorie intake.

As for how to cook them I've done meatballs either in a pan/skillet on the stovetop or baked in the oven. If you're using poultry then make sure you check often with a thermometer; there's a super fine line between cooked and overcooked so you don't want to risk leaving them on the heat too long.
>>
>>8321560
I will take your advice on the pork mince I think because yeah the turkey was super dry, I love pork shoulder and other shit like that, prob my favourite meat imo because it's so juicy even if it doesn't seem to take seasoning as well as chicken
>>
>>8321574

So do something like a 50/50 mix of turkey and minced pork shoulder. Or even 75/25 in favor of the turkey. Having some pork in there would go a long way to keep the meatballs from being dry.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.