[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are plantain any good? What can I use them for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: plantain.png (421KB, 872x379px) Image search: [Google]
plantain.png
421KB, 872x379px
Are plantain any good? What can I use them for?
>>
Plantain very good. Use to eat.
>>
>>8319427
Peel
Slice in long thin strips
Deep fry
Salt
Consume hot like tropical potato chips
>>
You have to wait until they turn black until you can really do anything with them. I mean completely black. Some fuzzy white mold will start to grow but that's ok. It's on the skin. Those green ones in op's pic will be ready in about three months.
>>
>>8319427
depends on how ripe or unripe they are

green ones can be cut thin and fried crispy, or grated and boiled in some latin american soups, boiled til soft like a potatoe and seved with other dishes

riper ones can be fried in thicker fieces and wont crisp properly ut do get sweeter and are nice with rice etc, they can also be baked in the skins, then peeled and sliced open and stuffed with cheese and baked again
the soft ones can also be fried and then mashed with sauted onions and garlic for a nice side dish
>>
>>8319427
Plantains are like bananas you have to cook. And yes - they are delicious.
>>
>>8319427
I toss them on the grill, peeled and everything. They come out pretty delicious tasting.

Two ways to cook them. You can wait for them to ripen completely or you can cook them for an extended period so the starches will convert to sugars. (multiple hours)
>>
>>8319427

Or you can just shove them up your ass until they ripen. They're a multiple use fruit.
>>
>>8319635
This.

Can't re-inforce this enough. It's so annoying everytime plantain is mentioned (even in everyday life), people who no nothing advise people to eat it when it's just turning black, which is very unripe.

That's probably the reason a lot of people say it's nothing special. Because they haven't even tasted what it's supposed to taste like.
>>
>>8319456
Why stop?
>>
Ripe ones you can wrap in bacon and bake. Other suggestions in this thread, except for the fag saying to leave them until they are rotten, are good.
>>
>>8319427
Plantains are okay, I like them sliced and fried. Like others have said let them get black for best flavor.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.