[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jamaican Goat Curry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: goat_2D00_list_2D00_4.jpg (121KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
goat_2D00_list_2D00_4.jpg
121KB, 800x600px
I'm about to attempt Jamaican goat curry. Does anyone have any experience with this? Tips? I've been marinating in curry powder, garlic, salt, pepper and onion for about 6 hours. Should I toast the powder in oil before i begin? Help if ya can.
>>
>>8316625
That depends upon what you want flavor-wise. Do you have anything to lighten it in contrast?
>>
>>8316627
I'd like it spicy. Planned on throwing a few whole scored habaneros. A little tomato paste to cut acidity. Are you implying that i should use a little coconut milk?
>>
>>8316635
I'd need something to protect my face from two habaneros, so yeah - I'd recommend coconut milk or.... goat milk, perhaps?
>>
File: 0_0.jpg (20KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
0_0.jpg
20KB, 640x360px
everything turned out alright /ck. Everything turned out alright. thank you.
>>
>>8316625
It's curry goat you bambaa claat
>>
>>8317107
kek

Here's how you do it:

The night before you "wash" the meat, which amounts to marinating it in your fridge in green spice. Green spice is lime juice, scallion, ginger and cilantro ground together with a little salt. You can sub a little white vinegar for the lime juice and add garlic if you like.

Start with a heavy bottomed pot (a cast iron Dutch oven). Bring it up to heat and burn a heaping tablespoon of brown sugar on the bottom before adding oil, chopped onion, garlic (optional), carrots and some chopped tmatoes (or tomato sauce or paste). Add goat meat and salt and simmer, adding a little water if necessary. Then you want to add a generous amount of Jamaican style curry powder. If you can't get Jamaican style curry powder use regular curry powder and add a decent amount of pimento (allspice). For heat throw in a whole Scotch bonnet pepper (or two if you're brave). The idea is not to break them up, just let them simmer in there and remove them before serving. If you can't get Scotch bonnets Mexican habaneros have a similar heat and flavor. Cover and let simmer until meat is tender (45min to an hour and a half, depending on the age of the animal).

Serve with rice & pigeon peas and callaloo (amaranth greens).
>>
>>8317712

I am not a jamacian but a west indian and we use this methodology. Some ingredients may differ but that is all up to personal taste.
>>
>>8317742
I learned from a Trini, but adapted it to taste more like the examples served in the Jamaican places near me.
>>
>>8316625
I had a Jamaican chicken curry.
It was good and loaded with scotch bonnets.
>>
>>8317758

I am vincentian so being close to trinidad we get a lot of our influences from the coolies.
>>
>>8317712
>Callaloo
Gross
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.