[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recipes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: bigstock-Recipe-Box-25822118.jpg (343KB, 900x642px) Image search: [Google]
bigstock-Recipe-Box-25822118.jpg
343KB, 900x642px
So coo/ck/s, do you guys use recipes or just go free-form when you cook? What about when you bake?
>>
when I cook, about 50% of the time I wing it and the rest of the time I use recipes. when baking, I always follow the recipe as it's a lot harder to correct things on the fly. once it's in the oven and starts rising (or not) there's not a lot you can do.
>>
>>8316513
freeform. Learn the ratios and you can wing it.
>>
>>8316555
This. If you have a good idea of the direction you want to go, it's easy to wing it.

My gf is the total opposite and it drives me nuts.
>>
>>8316555
What are these ratios?
>>
My mum was a free form cook and it always triggered me as a child the inconsistency of it, so it made me an autismal cook. I definitely get more consistent results.

I guess it's like would you rather a plain consistent 7" in you, doing average things, going down on you like a good beta to make you cum, or a wild 9" in you that could make you cum multiple times but sometimes just wants to fuck your throat and use you as a cumrag
>>
>>8316748
You just have to be able to look at something in the bowl and know it looks right.
>>
>>8316573
>>8316555
Samsies. Recipes are like preparing your food to someone else's standards.
>>
>>8316748
They are distillation of all recipes down to the absolute requirements. 1/2
>>
>>8316781
2/2 - rest is just technique ie cutting and heating.
>>
>>8316770
makes sense. I was making dough and the recipe asked for a certain amount of water but I added more to actually make the flour become dough.

>>8316781
>>8316783

Thanks, saving!
>>
File: ratio.jpg (237KB, 700x891px)
ratio.jpg
237KB, 700x891px
>>8316748
>>
>>8316781
>pound cake and sponge cake are the same thing
>>
>>8316513
If you don't follow the recipes for baking you are a madman or a fool.
>>
>>8316513
Cooking, depends, if it's something Ive never done before I'm likely to follow a recipe very closely, if it's something I'm familiar with then I might look at a few for inspiration but will be adjust things to taste.

Baking is a totally different animal. If cooking is art then baking is chemistry, you need to properly weigh your ingredients with scales to get it right.
>>
>>8316781
3:2 flour to fat in a roux

Depends on the thing you're cooking, i've seen 1:1 many times
>>
>>8317234
I am both!
>>
>>8317228
Note the order of ingredients. It means the mixing method is different. Quite often in baking the ingredients are the same.
>>
>>8317685
I tend to go 1:1 or as far as 3:2 favoring butter (or more recently pork fat). It still thickens a decent amount and I get a base of fatty flavor which I usually cut with an acid (vinegary hot sauces are perfect for this application)
>>
File: ProdAdminImage.ashx?id=214.png (90KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
ProdAdminImage.ashx?id=214.png
90KB, 300x300px
I used to do free form, switched to recipes to get out of 140 - 150lb limbo.

Learned I used way too much oil and my meat portions were out of control.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.