[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm bored. Ask someone who works in catering anything.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3161.jpg (322KB, 476x621px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3161.jpg
322KB, 476x621px
I'm bored.

Ask someone who works in catering anything.
>>
Sure, I'll ask you to go to reddit to host your AMA
>>
do you/your company employ illegal immigrants?
>>
What exactly do you do
>>
>>8316239
Don't be so salty. It's just as food-related as the endless fast food threads.

>>8316241
Nope. A few of our BOH people prefer Spanish to English, but we're all legal here. One of the managers is from Salvador, and will sarcastically speak to you in French if you try kitchen spanglish on him.

>>8316243
I work everywhere. Mostly kitchen and catering staff, but I work in the FOH cafe if they're busy enough to need me. I enjoy being assigned to desserts the most.
>>
How much do you make
How long have you been there
How many sorority parties have you attended
?
>>
is it fun?
>>
>>8316306
I make $15 an hour plus tips, which are the only good thing about WASPs.
I've been there for about a year and a half now.
We mostly cater business events and private parties in the new money part of town, but I've staffed two sorority events during rush. I got a few numbers, but have to say that I prefer their more sedate parents. It's the same money, because the parents are paying either way, but the latter client group is much less of a hassle. Once in a while you get a Scrooge trying to get a discount over some made-up issue, but this is rarely actually goes anywhere because of the high product quality.

>>8316447
I like my coworkers, which is rare for me. Everyone, dishers to the head consultant cook, takes smoke breaks together to dick around outside and just talk like friends. A group of us regularly exchange books we like. I can actually say that I'm proud of our food, which helps the self esteem. There's a good mix between a calming FOH routine and BOH/catering rush.

I can't complain. I'd like to stay here for as long as I'm in the states. And when I leave for my Master's, I will actually miss people.
>>
>>8316494
what masters are you going for?
>>
>>8316508
Medical Illustration. I'd like to go to Toronto.
>>
>>8316514
sweet, what's the job market like?
>>
>>8316536
If you have a good portfolio, you have options. Especially if you join the guild. My endgame is working for NatGeo, but I'll probably contribute to many a textbook until then.
>>
>>8315714
do you think Henry and Casey have a future?
>>
>>8316588
that is pretty rad, wish I'd thought of that when I majored in art. maybe there is hope yet. I wish you luck OP.
>>
>>8316828
Not really. I loved Party Down, but I enjoyed it because I like reading about and watching characters who are horrible people.
>>
>>8316840
Thank you!

You majored in art? What's your favorite medium?
>>
>>8315714
Last week I drunkenly grabbed my friends crotch and held his cock for several seconds. He didn't object, just playfully pushed me away after we made pretty intense eye contact. You think he'd let me blow him? I'm inclined to say so after he "accidently" showed me his dick pic one night when he was showing me this girl he was talking to tinder, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>8317660
...assuming this isn't pasta, I'd see if he lets you do something less intense than third base first.

He doesn't sound like he'd be awful even if he didn't want to, though, so good luck.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.