[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is learning to make homemade sushi worth the time and effort?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: K9aCn.gif (48KB, 475x324px) Image search: [Google]
K9aCn.gif
48KB, 475x324px
Is learning to make homemade sushi worth the time and effort?
>>
>>8312454
Is that yukio mishima?
>>
>>8312454
NO. AND NOT EVEN FEASIBLE FOR MOST PEOPLE.
>>
>>8312495
>NOT EVEN FEASIBLE FOR MOST PEOPLE
Why do you say that? The "sushi grade fish" maymay?

>>8312454
That depends on how much you actually like sushi
>>
I've tried it, ingredients are too expensive. might as well go out.
>>
>>8312454
Sauerkraut in its true form, not made with vinegar, is a probiotic. It's a naturally fermented product and it increases the gut flora, that's the intestinal bacteria, the beneficial intestinal bacteria.
>>
If you live on the ocean and catch the kind of fish that they make sushi from maybe.

Don't they blast freeze most of the fish to kill parasites ? I know the tuna is frozen.
>>
>>8312454
No, sushi is all about the rice and it is a right cunt to cook.
>>
>>8312525
Unless you catch it yourself, it's all frozen at sea
>>
>>8312535
I've personally seen some nasty parasites in ocean fish. We used to get whole swordfish in the Conference center I worked at. They would have worms that were as thick as your fingers in the meat.

I've seen other fish with parasites that looked like eggs embedded throughout the flesh, not sure what that was. Freaked me out though.
>>
I've made sushi. It's really only worth it if you're gonna make veggie/non-fish sushi sure. Cucumber/squash/avocado rolls, faux spicy tuna rolls, california rolls becuase the ingredients for that stuff is going to cost nothing and it won't matter if you fuck it up.

I wouldn't waste sushi grade fish on my mediocre sushi.
>>
>>8312454
Making Chinese and Japanese food that requires expensive ingredients usually isn't worth it.

Unless you have the time and money to burn then I wouldn't recommend it.
>>
>>8312580
>California rolls
Putting rice on the outside like the baka you are :)
>>
>>8312454
If you ever have access to the ingredients to make halfway decent sushi the restaurants will have access to far better and it'll never actually be worth it unless you're just inviting alot of friends over for a fun activity.

You won't ever actually be able to make decent sushi and save money by doing it at home, since even the mid tier places get dibs on most of the good fish for a much cheaper price than the supermarkets.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.