[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever asked a neighbor to borrow an ingredient for a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: vallatton.jpg (746KB, 1322x1042px) Image search: [Google]
vallatton.jpg
746KB, 1322x1042px
Have you ever asked a neighbor to borrow an ingredient for a recipe? What happened?
>>
They called the police. I think my mistake was walking into the house around 11PM and waking them up to ask.
>>
>>8311513
I live in an apartment building where I'm friendly with most of my neighbors, and many of them cook. We often send little tastes of what we're cooking across the hallway or up the steps, and have no problem knocking on each other's doors for ingredients we may run out of. I'd say this kind of thing happens at least every week or two. It's good to feel close to the people who live next to and above you. Makes it feel like you're part of a community. (It also helps that all of us are decent cooks).
>>
She asked "why would the milkman possibly need milk?!?" And then about 300 strangers in bleachers laughed at me.
>>
>>8311513
No, someone once rang my bell to ask me to knock on my neighborgs door and tell her Suzie was at the door (apartment)
So I did, I apparently woke her up and she gave me this finish stare fuck you bitch I was doing you a favor don't ever expect me to give you a message or help you in any fucking way again.
>>
>>8311513
>living close to people.
>running out of ingredients

You're doing it wrong. Live out in the hills on lots of land and be properly prepared for shit ahead of time you idiot.
>>
File: Ah-so-Corkscrew.jpg (25KB, 550x383px) Image search: [Google]
Ah-so-Corkscrew.jpg
25KB, 550x383px
When I lived in an apartment a neighbor knocked on my door asking to borrow a wine opener. Wasn't a food ingredient, more of a tool, someone had brought a bottle of wine and uncorking it is pretty damn hard without a corkscrew. I gladly provided one, because she was pretty hot. It also wasn't giving anything away, it was returned the next day unlike an ingredient.
Now I'm in a single family home, and no, I wouldn't go asking a neighbor. I am not really on friendly terms with any of them, maybe if I was but nah. And by the time I get dressed and walk over, I could jump in my car and get to the 24 hour store and solve the issue just as easily without being annoying. I'm usually drunk/high, busy/engaged with an activity, and undressed when at home. Knocking on a door unexpectedly is very rude. A more acceptable way would be to text message said neighbor, and reply with "its on the porch for you to pick up in 5 minutes". People need to stop being so goddamn rude.
>>
>>8311513
My neighbor has offered many times to give me wood to grill/smoke with and I take him up on that offer fairly often. I always bring him a couple beers, because I have hauled off quite a bit of wood.
>>
>>8311565
You're doing him a favor by hauling off unwanted wood. You provide free labor and then you give him beer? You can come trim my trees any day, bring beer please.
>>
>>8311525
How can you run out of stuff on a weekly basis and what exactly are you running out of?
>>
>>8311635
It's rarely running out of stuff as much as sending little tastes of whatever we're making to each other. But my neighbors are families with young children, so keeping stocked on various spices or citrus fruit isn't top priority. And they know I usually have those things. I don't normally keep grandma staples like eggs or milk around, so the rare moments when I need an egg or a cup of milk I just knock on the neighbor's door.
>>
>>8311561
No, you're just a huge cunt
>>
Honestly my old neighbours were bros. Our families gathered often so it wasn't uncommon at all that we'd just pop by if either of us was grilling.

I miss them. These new neighbours fucking barricade themselves inside and never talk to anyone on my street.
>>
>>8311561
>and reply with "its on the porch for you to pick up in 5 minutes".
What the fuck?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.