[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cookware

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
Looking to get a new skillet and saucepan for myself, I've been recommended either stainless-steel with an aluminium core or anodised-aluminium. Not entirely sure about the life expectancy of the stainless-steel versus anodised-aluminium, do both have the potential to last a lifetime given proper care?

As for non-stick coating, I'm apprehensive as they're know to peel/blister. Not sure about the viability of certain lining materials such as teflon vs ceramic, or if the coating will have longevity given proper care. Thanks in advance.
>>
Just get stainless for both tbqh, aluminum is kind of a meme

I honestly wouldn't even get a nonstick, like you said they lack longevity. Just use a good amount of oil and shit won't stick. If you really want a nonstick coating you can season even stainless steel skillets just like cast iron or carbon steel.
>>
File: 6503.24.jpg (15KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
6503.24.jpg
15KB, 600x600px
You have to get a small nonstick for eggs 6 or 8 inch either black carbon steel or just your regular food service store brand teflon. You can't make a good egg in stainless steel.
Coppper meme's aside, this is my most used pan. I don't care about copper but the shape is perfect. I can saute in it, boil, make a sauce. The shape is perfect. It's too bad I can't find this shape/size (3qt) in stainless.
>>
Stainless steel is king, especially for saucepans. The meatier the core is and the higher the thermal conductivity of the metal therein is, the better (this is why copper is so well regarded). You don't want copper as a food contact surface, though, as it leads to metal oxidation and off flavors. >>8311553 is right... Aluminium is a joke, and a cheap one at that.

As far as nonstick... I have one nice one of which I take VERY good care (read: soap and water have never touched it) and I love it. Having one in your arsenal can be useful for making eggs/omelettes du fromage/whatever.
>>
File: try-ply.jpg (81KB, 1500x1031px) Image search: [Google]
try-ply.jpg
81KB, 1500x1031px
I like try-ply cookware. Many brands make it, some sandwich the stainless with copper, but that cost much more. You can get decent try-ply cookware for pretty reasonable prices.

Make sure you like the handles on what ever you buy, I've spent big money on pans before and ended up hating the handles.

Here are some cheap try-ply cookware deals:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_8_8?url=search-alias%3Dgarden&field-keywords=triply+cookware&sprefix=tri-ply+%2Caps%2C176&crid=1C848CBM99M19&rh=n%3A1055398%2Ck%3Atriply+cookware
>>
Looks like I'm going stainless, thanks boys.
>>8311575
You raise a valid point about the handles, I'll see how the pan feels in my hand before buying.
Anything else to look out for before I commit?
>>
File: 61WaRZ2g2JL._SX425_.jpg (10KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
61WaRZ2g2JL._SX425_.jpg
10KB, 425x425px
>>8310791

I tried one of these and was impressed:

Emeril Lagasse 62852 Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Fry Pan, 10", Silver
>>
File: 1477327562710.jpg (2MB, 2658x1772px) Image search: [Google]
1477327562710.jpg
2MB, 2658x1772px
Can I get an opinion on this frying pan?
http://www.nisbets.co.uk/Vogue-Tri-Wall-Induction-Frying-Pan-280mm/Y321/ProductDetail.raction
>>
>>8311821
>Anything else to look out for before I commit?
Size, either go big with a 12" or small with an 8"
I find 10" pans to be worthless. Too small for large items and too big for small items, you end up wasting oil with a too big of a pan.
>>
>>8312025
And for the saucepan, 3 litres or 1.5?
>>
Ikea seem to have a good entry level range of stainless pots and pans, the sensuell range.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.