[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do when you have no choice but to starve for three days?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1464744914221.jpg (68KB, 600x513px) Image search: [Google]
1464744914221.jpg
68KB, 600x513px
What do you do when you have no choice but to starve for three days?
>>
>>8310073
cry like the anime girl you posted
>>
File: 1480022273261s.jpg (4KB, 208x201px) Image search: [Google]
1480022273261s.jpg
4KB, 208x201px
>>8310073
deal with it. the pain gets easier
>>
>>8310083
I'm so hungry guys and I still have so long to go before I can get food
>>
>>8310073
Go to your local homeless shelter, they will serve anyone who comes in. Alternatively, do you have a paypal?
>>
>>8310087
broke?
>>
>>8310095
broke what
>>
>>8310073
Some restaurants prepare more food than they sell due to how they operate.

KFC, for example, prepares sides in advance, holds them for a couple of days in the cooler, and then tosses them. They also prepare chicken in advance, and if it doesn't sell by the end of the shift, they recycle it into their bowls and wraps and toss the extra. A trip to their dumpster just after close can yield several containers of sides, and sometimes chicken if it's not mixed in with non-food garbage. You could always tell what was pulled that day because for up to like 2 hours after close, everything that was in the warmer is still pretty warm.

It was not uncommon for me to find more sealed containers of sides than I could every carry, and several pounds of chicken strips.

There is also a pizza place by me that makes really good pizza, and sometimes you will find whole pizzas in delivery boxes right on top from people who called in orders and never picked them up or whatever.

I know it sounds bad, but it's food and it's safer than it sounds. If you're hard up, it can get you through for a couple of days. It's a bit degrading though. I'm glad I'm in a better situation now that I don't need to do that anymore.
>>
>>8310718
Holy shit thank you
at this point I dont give a shit and Im going to go dumpster diving
>>
>>8310073
There is usually a choice, unless this is for a medical procedure.

In the past I've toughed it out. It's a situation that cannot be changed without worsening the outcome, why waste time lamenting it?
>>
>>8310725
I was homeless for about 6 months.

Burger joints are usually shit. They throw away very little edible food, and when they do it's usually loose shit like vegetables and moldy buns.

Around here anyway, I never had good luck with grocery stores. The dumpsters are always locked or large compactors that it's not smart to be digging in.

I mentioned KFC because that was my go to place, as it's hands down the most reliable source of food I found.

Little Caesars is another good spot, because they'll pull unsold hot'n'ready and toss them still in the box.

Smaller local businesses are good also, as they're less likely to have corporate policy about their trash being locked up or whatever.

Bring a plastic bag of some kind you can fold up and keep in your pocket, and something to wipe your hands off with.
>>
>>8310725

remember that you shouldn't be ashamed of yourself for dumpster diving; these companies should be ashamed for throwing out good food. hope all goes well.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.