[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bespoke dining

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 2 (5).jpg (260KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
2 (5).jpg
260KB, 700x700px
>At The Forest, a new dining establishment in the swanky Yorkville neighborhood of Toronto, the waitstaff does not take your order.

>Instead, they will make light conversation with each table of guests for a few minutes, interrupting the flow of small talk here and there with relevant queries about food allergies.

>The waitstaff takes this information back to chef Anjo Steegh who will prepare the recipe that he believes will most satisfy the patron.

>The price is fixed at $125 per head.

How do you feel about this?
>>
>125 bucks for a meal you don't even get to choose

Nice
>>
>>8304744
Nope, I would pay for a tasting menu but will not pay for a full course I did not choose.
>>
>>8304744

Sounds neat, I would do it if I had cash to burn, but I'd rather hedge my bets and spend 100 at a steakhouse instead.
>>
I do enjoy a good gimmick

I'd go
>>
>>8304744
fucking overpriced hipster shit.
>OP sits on his table
>suddenly all customers rise at the same time
>everybody shouts as loud as he can:
> " I'M VEGAN! "
>>
>>8304758
>I can devise a better meal than a world class chef
pleb
>>
>>8304820
Maybe if I spoke to the chef himself, but a few minutes of a server talking to a whole server is not enough to come up to a conclusion of what everyone enjoys. I like sweet, I like savoury but I fucking hate it when they are mixed, people should not have to pay for a mystery meal they may hate.
>>
I'll eat pretty much anything, so maybe if it was more like $50 or $60. It's not like I'd be hard to satisfy
>>
I would do it if I had a six figure job and little responsibility and had also hit all the other interesting places in the area
>>
>>8304836
>i may "hate" food prepared by a world class chef
pleb
>>
I am not a picky eater, and if I'm in a nice restaurant I'm there to eat what the chef has to offer. I'd have no problem with this method.

The only part that bothers me is the "making light conversation for a few minutes" part. Just greet me, tell me what's going on, ask me if I have any food allergies. Don't make unnecessary small talk. The ordinary amount of talk between wait staff and table is fine.

Also that room is ugly as sin.
>>
>>8304899
>Also that room is ugly as sin
It hurts my head
>>
>>8304744
>The price is fixed at $125 per head.
Paying that much for one meal seems insane to me and even worse I don't get to choose what I get.
>>
>>8304940
The price at Masa in New York is $595 per person and you don't get to choose what you eat.

Everybody gets served the same dish though.

http://www.masanyc.com/#reservations
>>
>>8304744
what restaurant food isn't bespoke?

like even McDonald's is made by hand
>>
>>8304945
I assume when you're willing to blow 600 dollars on a meal, you probably have enough money that you don't really give a shit and you're just doing it for the novelty
>>
>>8305373
>600 bucks
What? No tip!?
>>
I love internet personality quizzes. This is that, except instead of an anime graphic, you get fine cuisine at the end. I would do this.
>>
>>8305452
Tips aren't accepted at Masa
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.