[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1112.jpg (77KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1112.jpg
77KB, 600x450px
Guys, I bought some steak this weekend and left it out in the bottom of my bag. Today will be the 4th night it has been lying out at room temperature... it's dry and cold (heat on) where I live. I planned to cook it on the pan... is it ruined now?

CAN I STILL EAT THIS STEAK SAFELY IF COOKED?
>>
You essentially dry aged it, OP. Expensive steakhouses do this to enhance the flavor. You will be fine.
>>
>>8304454
If it doesn't smell rotten or look completely grey you could nuke it to leather texture
I once ate pork in that condition and fed it to a friend and we where fine
>>
>>8304454
Is this bait?

4 days at room temperature? No. Throw it out, dingus.
>>
>>8304454
it's fine, like >>8304464 said
>>
Thanks guys. I forgot to add.. I didn't plan on cooking it tonight. I'm working 2 weeks straight and intended to maybe make that this Sunday after the Black Friday rush.

Should I:
a) return it to the freezer
b) keep it out at room temperature since it seems OK per replies above (I could move it to the basement where it's cooler)
c) by then, the extra 3-4 days makes it extremely unsafe and I should just dispose of it...?

I intended to marinate it by throwing it in a ziplock with a half cup of red wine, pinch of garlic salt, thyme, rosemary and maybe a hint of Chianti red wine vinegar if that matters..
>>
>>8304468
I promise I'm not trolling. Just a bit overworked and frazzled due to work. Never made such a food safety faux pas like this before, so I'd feel kinda embarrassed asking coworkers IRL as a supposed adultâ„¢.
>>
>>8304562
I would still eat it but only well done.
If I were in your spot I would put it in the freezer. When I have more time some day, I would use it to make a tasty goulash. For Goulash you cook the meat two hours so you don't have to be afraid of any food poisoning. Also it doesn't hurt to use freezed meat for goulash.
>>
>>8304464
oh he smeared a layer of caul fat over the primal and hung it on a hook in a sealed and climate-controlled room and then cut the primal down into steaks right before service?
>>
>>8304599
He said "return" to the freezer...
>>
>>8304464
Pretty sure an actual restaurant would have regulations and procedures for that. They wouldn't just leave it on the counter.

Throw it out, op.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.