[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

no roasting pan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

i dont have one of these contraptions, what other things can i use, will a cake pan or skillet suffice?
>>
>>8303484
How big is your skillet? Will the turkey fit in it?
If so then yes, use that.
>>
>>8303484
Go buy a disposable aluminum foil one
>>
>>8303484
You can just use a large cake pan if it fits. Line the bottom with carrots and celery and onions and whatever herbs then lay the turkey on top of that
>>
>>8303484
You can use anything big enough to hold whatever it is you're roasting as long as you elevate it on some kind of rack
>>
File: IMG_20161123_171231.jpg (463KB, 1944x1780px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161123_171231.jpg
463KB, 1944x1780px
These are the only things that can fit the turkey lol quick comment, do I need to cover the turkey
>>
>>8304036
If you're making a gravy then go with the skillet since it's stovetop safe. If you're not then go with the baking pan. And no, don't cover.
>>
>>8304046
Is there a goid recipe for uncovered
>>
>>8303706

You don't even need a rack. You can pile up some coarsely chopped vegetables and put your roast or bird on top of that.

>>8304036
Definitely no cover.
>>
>>8304088

Yeah i got some veggies I can put it on. But what is the method to roast it without a cover. It's a 15 lber
>>
>>8304046
>>8304088
>no cover
Not OP here:
I've been using bags and my turkey falls apart. Why not cover it? Of course, I pull the turkey instead of slicing off pieces.
>>
>>8304124
Roasting covered is basically braising. If you want a roast/baked turkey then you don't cover.
>>
>>8304132
Gotcha. Thanks for the explanation.
>>
>>8304046
What do I do with the turkey drippings to make gravy
>>
>>8304138
You essentially make a sauce thickened with flour from the drippings and add some herbs: seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/11/the-best-turkey-gravy-recipe.html
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.