[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What homecooked dish do you enjoy/miss most from your childhood?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: lamb stew.jpg (129KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
lamb stew.jpg
129KB, 800x1067px
What homecooked dish do you enjoy/miss most from your childhood?

>pic related
>>
my father used to make a beef Wellington on Christmas. I miss that more than any other food
>>
>>8303108
My grandmother's pot roast. the secret ingredient was bacon fat. Not something I'm gonna make because I don't ever keep bacon fat around.
>>
>>8303108
Dad's barbecue and paella, I don't even know why the fuck does he make paella in the first place but it's great
Can't wait until that fucker dies
>>
>>8303108
sometimes i make what was the typical meal my broke ass family had literally 6 days a week.

>buttered egg noodles
>baked potato, shared
>koolaid, very little sugar

rough times friendos
>>
>>8303126
>secret ingredient was bacon fat
Fool, now it's not a secret anymore!
>>
File: 1474945592021.jpg (58KB, 327x318px) Image search: [Google]
1474945592021.jpg
58KB, 327x318px
Cabbage Rolls

Now I might make them for Frozen Dinners now
>>
>>8303535
There you have it. The secret to an awesome pot roast gravy is searing the meat all over in bacon fat. Since I'm not doing it some of you ought to benefit from grandma's wisdom.
>>
>>8303108
Cheeseburger pie. It was one of the few things my mother cooked really well and it was fucking delicious.
>>
>>8303596
Picture of it??
>>
>>8303126
>pour greasy bacon pan into a mug after cooking
>it solidifies at room temp
>keeps forever
just do it
>>
>>8303108
all of my childhood food was canned and frozen and precooked shit

and bad attempts at lemon chicken or steak and taco dinner kits

neither my mom or dad can cook and are dumb Americans
>>
>>8303614
I almost never cook bacon - it's not something I ever buy.
>>
>>8303108
Bacon, eggs, toast and homefries... really simple, but it's so rare I have a reason to cook breakfast for more than just myself. Half the time I just wait until lunch.

Also, sausage, tomatoes, onions, and green pepper over rice... it was so simple, and always a sign that somebody got shafted with bills or spent a bit too much at the bar, but it makes me miss the simpler times in my life, so much so that when I make it, I can't eat it alone.
>>
My grandmother passed her mother's sauerbraten recipe to me, so I make it every year for Christmas dinner, the way she used to do when I was small, complete with dumplings and all. My family says it tastes just like when Grammy used to make it.
>>
>>8303108
my grand ma used to make this fucking awesome homemade stuffedd shells and spaghetti sauce.

she was a massive cunt who smoked like a chimney but that shit was dank

stupid bitch
>>
>>8303108
My nans Sunday roast. Her Yorkshire puds and gravy were out of this world.
>>
>>8303636
If you like that pot roast so much, isn't that worth buying some bacon for?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.