[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make chili thicc and brown? Also chili thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: chili.jpg (2MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
chili.jpg
2MB, 3000x2000px
How do I make chili thicc and brown?
Also chili thread.
>>
Mash some of the beans.
>>
>>8301382
Be sure to sear your meat real well, but I guess you already know that. Make some caramel. Seriously. Also pureed sauteed onions. Good stuff. I never really needed it. If you want your chili to be brown, and its not, you are putting way too many tomatoes, my friend. The last tip is what I would go with. Mashing beans is fucking aids.
>>
Just made a mean chili a month ago or something. Chili powder itself will make it pretty dark.
>>
If you're a heretic and like it saucy, add flour into your seasoning. Cook it for a long time but don't use a slow cooker; moister finds it hard to escape and minced beef never tastes nice cooked in one. Properly sear it to begin with; it will be full of water and will lose up to 30% of it's weight from that coming out. You want to get rid of it quick without tipping it away: your pan should be as hot as you can manage it, just try and keep the water and meat separate. You're searing, not boiling. It will by default be the colour of the main ingredient, beef, so searing will make the end result a darker brown. Turn it right down, throw in the rest of your choice of seasoning and ingredients and put a lid on it for 90 minutes. It won't stick to the pan, don't go back and stir it until you're near the end and it seems not thick enough. Stirring will release any moisture added through ingredients put in earlier.
>>
>>8301382
>and brown?
Brown the beef, lovingly.

Then use really good chilies, not chili powder.
Buy bagged chilies, like ancho, pasilla, pasilla, etc. Taking 3-4 large one for a pot of chili, open up the dried chilies, scoop out the seeds and stems. Toast, optionally. But, just take a little of your cooking liquid or hot water in the blender with your chilies, soak about 5 minutes to soften, and then puree. Pour in your chili puree to your pot of chili.
For your beans? Buy the low sodium ones, and use the packing liquid, don't drain it. That gooey liquid is all thickening. Simmer and reduce a chili a good hour or more, to reduce the liquid, and don't add the beans right away if you intend to simmer a long while, or you are stuck stirring, or you pass it to the job for the crock pot.

Restaurants add cornmeal to the pot for chili and taco meat both. It's a trick. The flavor is just fine however.
>>
File: 1472504863826.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1472504863826.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>8301425
>putting flour in chili
>calls others heretics for liking extra flavor juice

It is you who should be burned at the stake, sir.
>>
>>8301444
You call that a chili, you pathetic waste of space? (Not 8301425)
It looks like a shit gazpacho. Go cuck yourself.
>>
>>8301444
I was not suggesting putting flour in chili was a good idea. I was saying this is what someone would do if they wanted a chili that was saucy, which I took the OP as meaning when describing their desire for a chili to be 'thick'. It does not add any extra flavour at all but draws seasoning and flavours away from the meat.

At least that's the best answer I can come up with when you're not making it clear wtf your problem is.
>>
>>8301456
>>8301461

Also this guy is right, what is in that picture? It looks like a microwaved pot snack.
>>
>>8301456
Good god, relax. I didn't see you offering any suggestions, so stfu.

You just decided to come into a chili thread and scream, like 95% of the chili posters. Fuck off.
>>
>>8301456
The camera captured it at an odd color but god damn it was so delicious.
>>
>>8301382
low heat and let it evaporate the water
Don't put flour in it
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.