[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

baked mac

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: mac-and-cheese-on-fork.jpg (1MB, 2348x1867px) Image search: [Google]
mac-and-cheese-on-fork.jpg
1MB, 2348x1867px
whats your favorite baked mac recipe

i need something easy but also tastes good, first thanksgiving im cooking
>>
Just baked the serious eats classic mac recipe

Literally cooling right now, will report back with results
>>
Cook equal parts flour and butter to make a roux. Add milk to make a bechamel. Slowly add cheese to melt until you get the desired consistency. Season with black pepper and add anything you'd like (diced ham, diced onion etc) Mix with your favorite boiled pasta and bake until set.
>>
My mom is addicted to Campbell's cream-of-whatever to make everything including mac n cheese. She just sprinkles some cheese on top at the end.
>>
>>8301131
It's pretty good! Nice blend of cheeses, but I put it in the oven for 20 minutes instead of 45. I don't know what the fuck they're smoking over there but in 45 minutes it would've been burnt to a crisp
>>
>>8301118
Mine has a ton of veggies in it, because that's how I roll. But >>8301143 has the basic steps down.
>>
Cheddar, gruyere and grana padano/parmigiano reggiano is a good mix of cheeses, but it will run you extra.
>>
If you have happen to have acess to dungenous crab then crab mac and cheese using flagship cheese and white cheddar is pretty fucking good.
>>
>>8301201
i've recently come to the conclusion that the folks at serious eats must be at high elevation because a lot of their cooking times and temperatures are straight up whack for sea level
>>
I like it with a smoked guada/sharp cheddar mix
and crushed ritz browned on top right at the end of its bake
>>
>>8301118
Butter a 2-3 qt casserole
Boil 6qt water for 1 lb box of ridged pasta, cellentani
Shred 1 lb of extra sharp cheddar (or 50% cheddar, 50% colbyjack)
1 small onion, finely diced, set aside
Combine in frying pan 3 Tbsp butter/3 Tbsp flour, until combined, add onion to sweat (do not brown), and add 1-2 cups of whole milk, or half n half. Grate of nutmeg or pinch of cayenne is optional. Cook over low heat til bubbly and thicker. Add half of shredded cheese to sauce.
Drain pasta well. Pour half of it into the sauce, combine, then back into the pot with the rest of the pasta. Stir in the remaining cheese, holding back a little for topping. Pour into casserole, top with cheese and homemade breadcrumbs, parm, dot with butter, cover with foil.
Now, park in fridge, or put in oven. Can cook as long as you want/need at 350F really, at least 30 minutes. Removing lid to brown crumbs on top.
>>
>>8301143
I do this and it always comes out tasting like pierogi...
>>
>>8301164
>My mom

Post her tits, faggot.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.