[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats /ck/ opinion on Golden Corral?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: golden-corral.jpg (45KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
golden-corral.jpg
45KB, 550x413px
Whats /ck/ opinion on Golden Corral?
>>
>>8300694

It's awful. The lowest-tier reheated canned shitfood combined with the same sort of people you'd see at a walmart. Awful food. Awful atmosphere.
>>
>>8300694
>>
Expensive and shitty. Worst bang for your buck for any buffet I've had hands down.
>>
>all these Yelp Elites in this thread

Colden Corral is great for the price.
>>
>>8300694
http://www.pjwnex.us/media/text/Golden_Corral.txt
>>
>>8300694
I got nauseous all three times I've been conned or guilted into going. I don't know what my family fucking sees in the place, the food is shit
>>
>>8300694
Fucking gross, both the food and the people there.. full of niggers, beaners and trashy white rednecks
>>
I live in Fairfax, VA. I went to a golden corral once after the gym. It was like a $5 special. Can't pass that up. Anyway they have "prime rib" Every day and shrimp and all that shit.

Anyway I go to the counter to get some prime rib and it looks.. good. Really good. Great even (and I've treated myself to some exceptional steaks in the past).

Anyway I start to eat it and it's fucking unbelieveable. There's this salty and peppery crust, it's juicy and cooked perfect all throughout. I'm blown away. Absolutely blown away.

I go up to get another piece and I tell the guy how unbelieveable it is. The Mexican guy serving says something along the lines of "oh yeah the cook that did this was in prison for a while and he watched a lot of cooking shows while he was in. Now he goes hard on everything. Go try the fried chicken it's good man"

Best fucking fried chicken of my life. I was able to meet the guy and pass off my thanks. He was so fucking happy someone called him out.
>>
File: Cowboy advice.jpg (15KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
Cowboy advice.jpg
15KB, 360x270px
Last Sunday I went there as a guest of the person who hired me. Although it was crowded, I waited in line for the fried chicken, corn, mashed potatoes, and meat loaf..
Here are my ratings:
Fried Chicken breast: 9/10
Mashed potatoes: 5/5
Corn: 2/5
Meat Loaf: 8/8
(I use the kind of scale that gymnastics judges use- something simple gets a low scale, where an entre is on a 10 scale).
My host recommended that i go back up for some roast beef. I waited in line for it, making conversation with a tall black kid who had Michael Jordan shoes (& was embarrassed that I asked him about them, although his mother thanked me for the compliment).
The chef asked me how I liked my beef, and it was hard to hear him so I yelled back. He showed me the cut he had, and I agreed. He put it on my plate. It was enjoyable, 8/10.

The service: The waitresses were overburdened with keeping the drinks full and bussing the tables. Out of the view of my dinner party I walked up and slipped her a $10. My host added a $10 bill later as the tip. I knew he'd screw her over on a tab over $100.

TL, DR: Busy, crowded, -15 so 85/100
Food: Over all 75/100, ok for twice a year.
>>
I worked with preventative medicine while I was in the Navy, mostly involving food prep and cleanliness. My VERY. FIRST. VISIT. to a Golden Corral had these fine traits:

>mini-spics putting their hands directly in the chocolate fountain instead of using the ladle, not to mention their parents weren't stopping them

>hillbilly fuckers picking things out of the trays with their bare hands

>negroids spilling food into other containers, not even attempting to use their manners

It was probably the most enlightening experience I've had in a long time... and not in a good way.

The only good part about GC is the rolls. Other than that, quality control is extremely lacking and overall cleanliness is fucking pitiful.

0/10, would start culling the heard there
>>
>>8300819
>great for the price.
Which means it's crap but really cheap.
>>
>>8300694
Im glad the one 45 miles away closed down and any new resturaunt is moving in. If i wanted bland mediocre shit id buy a frozen tv dinner.
>>
File: McChicken-from-McDonalds.jpg (24KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
McChicken-from-McDonalds.jpg
24KB, 500x375px
>>8303042
Pretty accurate. Golden corral is horrible crap, and not in a good way. Also, they try to do a gorillion different types of food and can't get any of them right, even stuff that should be piss-easy to prepare. It's like what would happen if jack in the box started doing buffet. I'd rather have a mcchicken any day. For me, it is the best fast food sandwich.
>>
>>8300694
Only worth it on like special nights and if no better options are available.
>>
>>8303042
>Puttin your hands on gross tongs that a thousand people already touched before you
>not just directly grabbing the chicken wing that only you have touched.
>Eating the food you have touched is somehow gross
>>
>>8303248

The problem is that when people stick their hands in there they invariably touch food that remains in the serving line. It's not as if they only touch the food they eat themselves.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.