[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vegan Thanksgiving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 262
Thread images: 23

File: Stuffed Maple Tofu.jpg (13KB, 390x241px) Image search: [Google]
Stuffed Maple Tofu.jpg
13KB, 390x241px
Did you know Claimjumper's Dutch apple pie is vegan?

Did you know Gardein tastes way better than turkey?

Did you know Earth Balance tastes better than butter?

Did you know you can easily veganize probably everything you eat on Thanksgiving, and probably make it taste better in the process?

Did you know it was this easy to not fund animal abuse like this?: www.butterballabuse.com
>>
File: turkey scalded alive.jpg (26KB, 600x312px) Image search: [Google]
turkey scalded alive.jpg
26KB, 600x312px
>>8299049
P.S.

Sorry for potentially ruining Thanksgiving to any cool people reading this who care about animals but already made conflicting plans. But at the same time, not really because pic related.
>>
>>8299049
ima get some tofurky
>>
>>8299049
Did you know you are a fag?

Did you know no one likes your shitty vegan substitutes?

Did you know you should just kill yourself?
>>
File: qzzpL7x.jpg (199KB, 918x1224px) Image search: [Google]
qzzpL7x.jpg
199KB, 918x1224px
>>8299076
Just because something can't scream doesn't mean you're not putting it under duress and ultimately destroying it. You seem to care about animals, why don't you care about all organisms? Plants are all alive and you're killing them, you're nothing but a hypocrite who has selective ways of feeling good about themselves.
>>
>>8299049
Everything you said is a lie. The only good vegan recipes are foods that everyone eats that just happen to be vegan
>>
File: 1379481168777.jpg (77KB, 529x337px) Image search: [Google]
1379481168777.jpg
77KB, 529x337px
>>8299076
>but already made conflicting plans

shut up you autistic vegan, none of you come here to discuss "going vegan" or shit like that you just came to shitpost your shitty lifestyle
>>
>>8299049
>Did you know Gardein tastes way better than turkey?
>Did you know Earth Balance tastes better than butter?
>Did you know you can easily veganize probably everything you eat on Thanksgiving, and probably make it taste better in the process?
No it doesn't, no it doesn't, and no you can't. No one is joining your cult. Fuck off.
>>
>>8299049
As someone who buys both real cultured butter AND Earth Balance, you can go eat a bag of dicks, real butter will ALWAYS taste and cook and perform superior. The only reason I buy both is because after years as a chef, my doctor makes me pick and choose my battles.
>>
>>8299127
Nice. Will it be your first time or have you tried it before? I think it's best the day after, when it's cold and sliced really thin. So good. My meat eating family likes it fresh out of the oven too. But IDK, something about it being cold and thinly sliced makes it taste so much better.
>>
>>8299076
Do you really think that pic has any affect on omnivores? We don't have the mental illness that you have, so go fucking stuff yourself, vegan trash.
>>
not sure if subtle troll or just an idiot
>>
>>8299141
Did you know that it's actually you who is the fag and it's made clear by you projecting fagginess onto others who are clearly not faggy at all?

Did you know that yes they do and the meat eaters I know have freezers literally packed with Gardein because they say it taste better than meat? Did you know that it's not just me saying these products taste better - but I have heard that from countless meat eaters without provocation?

Did you know that I will probably live a longer life than you due to my superior vegan diet?
>>
>>8299141
Did you know that it's actually you who is the fag and it's made clear by you projecting fagginess onto others who are clearly not faggy at all?

Did you know that yes they do and the meat eaters I know have freezers literally packed with Gardein because they say it taste better than meat? Did you know that it's not just me saying these products taste better - but I have heard that from countless meat eaters without provocation?

Did you know that I will probably live a longer life than you due to my superior vegan diet?

Did you know that you should go suck a fat one, because jizz probably tastes really good to you and is healthier than most of the shit you eat?
>>
>>8299166
butter is good for your health, avoid vegetable oils and PUFAs
if you're interested check out Ray Peat.
>>
>Did you know Claimjumper's Dutch apple pie is vegan?
Irrelevant.

Opinion, most likely a poorly constructed one.

Opinion, but wrong. Nothing's better than freshly churned butter.

>Did you know you can easily veganize probably everything you eat on Thanksgiving, and probably make it taste better in the process?
>you can easily veganize probably everything
Absolute bullshit. Besides price, some thing are difficult to find. Also, irrelevant.
> make it taste better
Opinion, also bullshit.

>Did you know it was this easy to not fund animal abuse like this?
Wrong. Also, fallacy.

Get fucked.
>>
>>8299176
>Did you know that I will probably live a longer life than you due to my superior vegan diet?
Not supported by dietitians, also some of them argue against it and most doctors abhor it.
>>
>>8299174
definitely a troll

not that subtle
>>
>>8299179
No, you probably won't live longer because you probably think that a numerous amount of trendy eating habits are actually good for you.
Fact of the matter is that everyone has a different body with different inherited genetics living in a different environment and because of these factors each person requires a personalized diet. We should all strive to eat a balanced, clean, and healthy diet that works for us. Your problem is that you can't think straight, probably due to the lack of balance in your diet and malnourishment, and think that there's a super diet that will save all sentient beings whilst completely avoiding the fact that plants are too, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>8299157
Coming from someone who refuses to try vegan food like a stubborn little baby.

>>8299158
What would you like to discuss about it?
>Nothing, I just wanted to shitpost.
WELL THEN.

>>8299161
>Calling veganism a cult when meat eaters literally eat the flesh and secretions of tortured animals without need and get extremely defensive when their traditions are called out for being shitty.
Hmmm.

>>8299166
Liar. Butter smells like vomit. Earth Balance is heaven.

>>8299171
>mental illness
You mean empathy and logic? And I will stuff myself, because my food is delicious.
>>
>>8299179
You came to the wrong neighborhood, buddy, to try and pass off such blatant lies and self delusion. Go back wherever you came from and don't look back, because we're an army of normal omnivores that will eat you for lunch and pick our teeth with your bones.
>>
>>8299049
Why do vegans insist their food tastes better, or that you can't tell the difference?

A vegan cunt once gave me the worst, crumbliest, driest, blandest chocolate chip cookie I've ever eaten. I didn't say anything because it was a free cookie, but then I had to listen to her gloat about how she had 'fooled' me with her terrible cookie.

Keep using the animal abuse angle. That's something. Not being able to tell the difference is just a lie vegans tell themselves.
>>
>>8299189
LOLLLL WHAT LOW CARB HEALTH GURU BLOG DID YOU READ THAT FROM?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3662288/#b26-permj17_2p0061
>>
>>8299194
No, I mean mental illness, as in you need therapy and serious medication. You're fucked in the head. I know you won't understand this, because of your mental health issues, but you need to seek help.
>>
>>8299176
>Did you know that I will probably live a longer life than you due to my superior vegan diet?
sure thing mane
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26657045
>>
>>8299201
People compliment me on my vegan cooking all the time without provocation - even the most critical of people. My cookies are chewy on the inside, slightly crispy on the outside. Perfection. Obviously some vegans suck at cooking.

My sister sucks at cooking and before I went vegan myself I thought vegan food was terrible. But when I finally did, it was incredible. I finally truly enjoyed eating.
>>
>>8299194
>Liar. Butter smells like vomit

Okay, you are seriously insane. I feel very sorry for anyone who has to be around you. Your views on food are so stupidly fucked, you must be an absolute pain in the ass for anyone to be around. Not only are you wrong, but you're so adamant in your completely wrong opinions that you should surely know that everyone hates you.
>>
>>8299209
>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26657045
"vegetarians and vegans had ∼10% lower all-cause mortality,"
>>
>>8299220
Okay I lied, it doesn't smell like vomit. My vomit smells way better than butter - possibly because I fill my stomach with delicious vegan food.

Omnivores won't understand, but vegans who have been vegan longer than 1 or 2 years understand how bad butter reeks, and tastes (accidentally took a bite of a non-vegan butter roll about two years ago and had to brush my teeth and down a glass of grapefruit juice and wash my hand three times to get the smell and taste and nasty fatty residue off and out of me).

You're accustomed to the garbage, so you don't understand how vile it really is.
>>
I'm killing my own turkey this year. I'm breaking it's neck tomorrow, and I'm going to have my son help me skin and clean it.

Because of this thread, I'm going to stuff the turkey with a couple of baby chicks. I don't even know if you're supposed to eat them. But I got them, and I'm going to do it.
>>
>>8299230
Can you try not to rub how beta you are in everyone's faces?
>>
>>8299153
That image is seriously disgusting and I'm not even close to vegetarian.
>>
>>8299235
You are now.
>>
Why are there people in this world who can't stand the idea of putting food in their bodies without attaching some moral imperative to it? OP is a fucking faggot.
>>
>>8299238
I'm probably having a grilled chicken sandwich later on if I stop by the library

it's a combination of the weird folds and the "hairy" flesh

I used to get a similar feeling from romanesco and I'm not a carnivore either

/blog

But for real OP should get off their high horse saying that a particular range of fairly recently improvised recipes is guaranteed to be objectively more enjoyable to all strangers.

Just make the suggestions, ask for more, and get on with it. Seems counterproductive to bring that attitude to the table while trying to sell an idea.
>>
>>8299244
>Why are there people in this world who can't stand the idea of putting food in their bodies without attaching some moral imperative to it
what are chinese then?
>>
>>8299244
Is this entire board made up of edgy 13 year olds?

You torture animals for trivial desires that don't even taste very good. Are you retarded?
>>
>>8299251
As a chinese person, the culture is fucking insane m8
>>
so wait like

why are vegans against dairy?

Cheese I get cause rennet, but why milk/cream/butter?

Do they not get that dairy is the only reason those cattle are alive?

Do they not understand that not getting milked puts the cow under horrible pain?
>>
>>8299251
>>8299257
The chinese would kill and eat human babies if an old shaman told them making a tea of it's penis would cure their cold
>>
>>8299249
Well sorry it's just realllllyyyy hard for me to believe that if people tried proper vegan food, that they would ACTUALLY think animal based food tastes better.

Also my opinion has been backed up by all the meat eaters I've ever known saying things like Gardein and Earth Balance, etc., taste better than the animal based shitty alternatives. They only remain meat eaters because of society - restaurants, work dinners, etc.
>>
>>8299252
>Don't taste very good
Okay man, whatever makes you feel better as you eat your retarded diet while loudly trying to convince everyone that you're clearly the better human being as they attempt to enjoy thanksgiving dinner.
>>
>>8299259
sir, the cow is raped by a sodomite to make the madam cow pregnant
then when madam cow gives birth, the rape-man comes back and steals the poor cow baby boy
then the rape-man rapes and murders the poor baby cow boy son :( *sob* *baka*
>>
File: 6297575351_68f9265f38[1].jpg (52KB, 488x330px) Image search: [Google]
6297575351_68f9265f38[1].jpg
52KB, 488x330px
>>8299262
>>
>>8299261
>uses umbrella term shaman
>denying the fact that TCM is ancient for one reason
>it works
your ignorance is showing mister america
>>
>>8299262
You need to ditch this black and white thinking.
False dichotomies are not helpful. It's not a matter of one "side" being altogether better than the other. Each has its merits.

There is a fair amount of vegetarian or even vegan food that I enjoy, but until we have perfect lab-grown meat they're simply not going to be the same thing.

I will continue to enjoy the full range of flavors and textures available until I am robbed of my life or autonomy.

What you're displaying isn't even elitism, it's just ridiculous.

If cauliflower felt pain, cauliflower and cheese would likely still be delicious unless the factors allowing for it substantially changed the composition. Similarly, if meat were grown without its source having any conscious or sensory experience it could probably taste just as good. Try again without the fallacies.
>>
>>8299259
Oh, you sweet innocent soul.

Those cattle are bred to overproduce milk, causing them to go lame at a small fraction of their natural life, and once they do that they're off to be slaughtered.

Those cattle are abused throughout their lives and have their babies taken from them immediately after birth, or their babies are restricted from nursing through piercings and muzzles. There have been police reports from neighbors of dairy farms because the cows are so loud mourning the loss of their calves - it happens the same time each year. Each year the cows are artificially inseminated through a worker shoving their arm up the cow's ass and inserting a rod into her vagina - on what is literally called a "rape rack" by the industry, then have their babies taken away from them, often to become veal - the process of which involves restraining the calves so they can barely move and feeding them a deficient diet.

Those cows also produce massive amounts of methane gas and feces, destroying the environment. Part of why animal agriculture is the number one cause of anthropogenic climate change.

And those cows would be getting milked by their babies if they weren't stolen from them. And those cows still suffer horrible pain from being milked.

And this is just a brief summary.

www.theradicalvegan.tumblr.com/animals
>>
>>8299285
>www.theradicalvegan.tumblr.com/animals
what a factual, non-biased source of knowledge you have there
respect
>>
>>8299285
anthropomorphization
>>
>>8299285
>theradicalvegan
>tumblr
Noice.
>>
>>8299289
If you actually clicked it you'd see a ton of undercover investigations. Inarguable evidence.

kys
>>
>>8299153
Nigga that's just a picture of a skinned hoof
>>
>>8299289
>>8299292
The funniest part is that this ad hominem isn't even the strongest "argument" against that retard
>>
>>8299294
like those holohoax websites, gnome sayin'?
>>
>>8299296
I have over a 4.0 in college and an IQ of 160. I am probably smarter than everyone on this board put together. Just because you don't understand someone doesn't automatically make them stupid.
>>
>>8299277
>it works
>implying
So do sugar pills

TCM exists because it's a huge industry bilking the elderly and idiots out of money as "certified medicinal shops" sell poor quality or false ingredients. It's the worst kind of hoodoo bilk.

>>8299285
>cows suffer pain from being milked
>in fucking plying

Most calves are fed out to become steers, not veal

Milking doesn't hurt the cow

Large Scale vegetarian farming produces MORE greenhouse gases and is WORSE for the environment, for a LOWER calorie yield than traditional farming

the stuff about the anal rape and constant pregnancy, now that's true.

How much the cows care emotionally about their young being taken away, that's debatable.

What isn't debatable is your diet is self absorbed first world nonsense, born of a people too BORED to have anything better to do and too WELL FED by all that agricultural industry you hate to even conceive of the fact that if their diet ever became anything more than a niche behavior for kooks, millions would die. Worse, the move towards "natural" pesticides is causing a resurgence of vermin that is harming the health and quality of crops. WORSE, PRODUCING ALL THE VEGETABLES REQUIRED BY VEGANS AND VEGETARIANS IS PRODUCING *MORE* GREENHOUSE GASES AND METHANE TO BE RELEASED BECAUSE THEY NEED SO MUCH FERTILIZER

If nothing else, your food is touched by industrial cow shit. So not even "vegan" food is really vegan.
>>
>>8299298
God, meat eaters are so weak. They can't even acknowledge undercover investigations are real when they share the name and location of the farm, and even have lawsuits against them.
>>
>>8299302
Ok cool nice edick senpai but that means nothing here and does nothing to support the significance of any of your claims.

I understand you. I didn't call you stupid, retard is generally used in a colloquial sense.

To anthropomorphize is irrational.

"Oh no we can't have that power outlet removed to knock down the wall, it resembles a face uwu"
>>
>>8299303
The amount of idiocy/lying in this post causes me physical pain. I stopped reading after "that's debatable". Too much idiocy for me for now, sorry. I'll try to be patient and respond to people like you seriously another day.
>>
>>8299179
>>8299176
You're a fag
>>
>>8299228
You're probably baiting, but on the off chance you aren't:

Please, as a fellow vegan, I ask you to stop posting. You're doing way more harm than good. Seriously. Your posts are making me consider chomping down on some nice juicy meat just to spite you.

If you really can't leave or stop posting, at least stick to the animal abuse angle. And drop the fucking condescension and stop shilling your blog.

t. vegan
>>
File: 1473322006832.jpg (142KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1473322006832.jpg
142KB, 960x960px
>>8299320
Do it, go buy yourself a nice juicy slab of meat and have a bbq or something
>>
>>8299320
You're what I call a weak vegan. You probably haven't been vegan for more than 6 months, and are clearly still in the apologetic vegan stage - desperately trying to relate to meat eaters, and as a result unconsciously making a joke of the cause. That "respect" meat eaters feign for you is merely tolerance for you not making them feel bad about themselves. They don't actually respect you, and your methods will never get them to go vegan.

I mean I could play politician and claim I can see how people think butter tastes good - but deep down I'm thinking it tastes fucking putrid. I'd rather be honest and risk sounding ridiculous to people who don't understand, than a sugarcoating apologist who lies to placate meat eaters.

And I make no money from my blog. It's purely a public service and saves a lot of time copying and pasting. Would you rather a link to a blog or have the entire thread spammed with the same exact information?
>>
>>8299327
No one ever respects vegans for being vegans apart from other vegans.

You are a faggot.

Stop shilling and shitting up /ck/
>>
File: successful-troll-is-successful.jpg (28KB, 300x441px) Image search: [Google]
successful-troll-is-successful.jpg
28KB, 300x441px
>>8299049
go butter your balls and abuse them
4/10, 1 for making me reply and 3 for making 18 other people reply
>>
File: happy piglet.jpg (9KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
happy piglet.jpg
9KB, 236x236px
>>8299340
I'm a girl. And I'm not a troll. You just have trouble accepting reality.
>>
>>8299311
You stopped reading just before the real arguments came up and you got rekt. How convenient.

Also, I grew up on a farm, almost my entire family on both sides are farms, and my childhood home is next to a dairy farm and just down the road from there is a chicken house. I also know plenty of people who raise animals, cows included, for slaughter. Hell we even had our fair share but those were for mostly private use.

Pretty much everything you mentioned is not true from everything I have personally witnessed. Sure, stuff like that probably goes on at huge places but it isn't the norm and anytime that much money is changing hands there is going to be corners cuts and there is going to be corruption plain and simple and it is certainly not limited to the food industry.

There are factory complexes in China the size of cities where people work, eat, and sleep and never leave. They even have fucking nets on the windows to keep people from trying to kill themselves.

I feel much worse for those people than any of the animals I cared for and raised to be slaughtered and eaten by my family.
>>
>>8299382
Stopped reading when you claimed "I grew up on a farm". I worked with many farmers and my family has farmers. And guess what I learned from that?

Farmers lie a fucking lot.

Stop trying to confuse people, shill.
Everything I said was either standard practice or extremely common (noted by the word "often").

I really don't have the patience to address all your lies and idiocy tonight. It honestly hurts my brain because I would have to write so much to debunk what you're saying and I know it's not worth it because this is 4chan and the mods will probably delete my posts soon anyway because they like to censor vegans.
>>
>>8299391
>stopped reading before the part agreeing about corruption
You're not even trying anymore
>>
>>8299396
You're goddamn right. I'm going to bed - done with you fuckheads tonight.
>>
>>8299049
>Earth Balance tastes better than butter
Calling bullshit on that. Butter is used in very nearly everything I make because it's simply superior in every way to anything derived from plant oil. Also, you're a species traitor who desecrates the efforts of humanity's ancestors that moved our bloodline from prey to predator.
>>
>>8299398
Thank christ you whiny instigating cunt.
>>
>>8299391
>guess what I learned from that? Farmers lie a fucking lot.

You do realize that everything you eat comes from a farm and most likely comes from small family owned farms like mine, right? We didn't raise animals to sell. The only animals we had were pets or for personal consumption.
>>
>>8299049
I don't acknowledge an animal can be abused
Abuse is a term for humans
>>
>>8299049
>Gardein tastes better than turkey
Great I'm going to add it to my turkey
>Earth balance tastes better than butter
Great I'm going to add it to my butter

Any more recommendations my vegan friedn?
>>
Kudos to being an anemic vegetarian but all meat substitutes are highly processed disgusting foods that your body will struggle with to digest. Earth balance is oil and water with artificial flavors and a chemical emulsifier to bind them together. Butter is milk fat and cream. It's much easier to digest and process. Same as meat in moderation. If this is the shit fuel you put in your body then you're gonna have a bad time. I'm Happy And healthy with meat and fresh vegetables. You're a walking corn byproduct.
>>
>>8299185
(You)
>>
>>8299582
Tofu is literally just bean curds
Tempeh is fermented beans
combining different whole foods such as black beans and rice or kidney beans with wheat, will also give you complete proteins, rendering substitute foods obsolete.
>>
>>8299595
I'm talking about Gardein, Morningstar and Tofurky. Tempeh and Tofu are hundreds of years old and made naturally. The meat substitutes are disgusting lab created foods. They use methyl cellulose, xanthan and other gums and emulsifiers to bind them. Meat and butter are natural as fuck even less processed than Tofu. If you want to eat meat, just eat meat. We are omnivores, with canines in our mouth, our bodies are built to break it down. It's like bread, store bought bread is so processed it's disgusting and lasts two weeks in a bag. Real bread without dough conditioners lasts one day before getting hard. It's not gluten people are having issues with, it's processed foods. This isn't hard to understand. If people want to take an ethical stance because they are animal lovers, more power to them. Just quit acting like it's a healthier alternative, because it isn't.
>>
>>8299634
I agree. Although. There are a lot more processed meat products than vegan meat substitutes, and even 'clean' meat might contain meat glue and/or slurry, have additives, been injected with saline and have artificial coloring. It's not as simple as avoiding 'processed' foods anymore.
>>
One thing I don't get is why go VEGAN. Why not stay vegetarian? There's lots of local farms where 'the lovely animal friends' are living decently, roaming about freely, having company and friends, if you're worried that 'booohooo capitalist farms use machinery to torture poor animals to make them produce and they live in compartments worse than Auschwitz'. C'mon now, why go vegan? You're just unnecessarily depriving your body of nutritious elements.
>>
To all our vegan friends I would like to inform you I just bought 2 pounds of high quality steak and a whole 6 pound chicken
I will make myself a steak for lunch and then during the afternoon I will revoke the chicken completely and i will fry the breasts and marinate the right with my own secret recipe
This will provide enough meat for a week
>>
>>8299157
True that
>>
>>8299194
And that right there is the average vegan. Obnoxious wanting to project there insecurities on everyone else. Don't get mad at other people not wanting to be a part of your weird mentally ill hipster trend diet. By the way your already a hippocrite. Scientists have already proven that plants feel pain very similar to how humans and most animals. So when your eating that salad it's actually screaming in horrific agony. Want you to think about that.
>>
>>8299644

Because rational thought has no place online, especially not 4chan. You're either a sinless vegan or you're an evil animal abuser who tortures animals personally. There is no middle ground here.

That being said, I agree with you 100%. You don't have to reject eating meat in order to avoid factory farming. I prefer to do so regardless of animal rights issues simply because factory farmed meat doesn't taste very good compared to either hunting wild game or dealing with small local farms.
>>
>>8299769
Actually some vegan meals are good if you add meat to them
I like those sticky sweet potato nuggets but I like them more with a pan fried chicken thigh
>>
>>8299201
In there tiny minds they think they can make any form of wheat germ or or whatever taste like the real thing. News flash it doesn't. Plus if they hate meat so much why do they try to emulate constantly. Even vegans are struggling with there bullshit diet.
>>
>>8299777
fuck yeah, black bean burgers cooked in bacon fat with bacon are the best
>>
>>8299212
Keep telling yourself that. Nine times out of ten most family and friends won't give you approximate criticisms. Also considering how obnoxious you are I doubt they want to hear for an hour about "how wrong you are!" And "my food is delicious!". Your that guy everyone just wishes silently you would fuck off.
>>
>>8299783
I don't get the point of bean burgers when falafel is a thing
>>
>>8299795

I like using a large portabello mushroom cap. They're fucking delicious (and I'm not vegetarian or vegan)
>>
>>8299776
I don't know I had both and so far the absolute best meat was factory farmed but in a restaurant owned by the factory that got the absolute best cuts
>>
>>8299802
Just make stuffed mushrooms instead
Mix some ground beef with some ground pork, sausage or bacon for extra flavor
>>
>>8299807

I love stuffed mushrooms but why not enjoy both ways? A large portabello cap cooked on the grill is fucking delicious.

When I stuff mushrooms I usually go for the mid-size ones since they are more "bowl" shaped. For the filling I cook bacon, chicken hearts, shallots, and thyme with the chopped-up stems I scooped out of the caps. Pack the filling inside the caps, egg-wash and panko just the "stuffing side", then deep-fry them. Delicious. But not mutually exclusive to a nice large cap treated like a burger.
>>
>>8299813
I don't buy mushrooms so often because they are expensive here
Making a mushroom burger seems like a waste to me since you can get an actual beef burger instead for cheap
If I get my hands on some fine mushrooms I'm making something better
>>
>>8299212
>without provocation

shit i'm vegan and you sound like the most annoying cunt ever
why are you cooking vegan meals for meat eaters, stop trying to convert other and live your lifestyle for yourself not others
>>
>>8299049
Did you know a vegan diet goes against evolution and you are essentially on the same level as an Alabama hick preaching creationism?
>>
>>8299823

Good quality beef is significantly more expensive than a portabello cap in my area. Yeah the cheap-ass ground beef is cheaper, but who wants that?
>>
>>8299837
I don't really trust the butcher to really ground my meat and not sell me the usual shit and lie to my face
And i don't grind at home so I'm stuck with that shit
>>
>>8299846
>I don't really trust the butcher to really ground my meat

Why not? You can watch him work.
>>
>>8299854
Nah, the grinder is on the back
I trust one of them because he is my guy
But I have no way of knowing when he is working there
>>
>>8299795
Laziness. My local Costco doesn't sell falafel.
>>
You have 364 days a year to eat your vegan dog shit. Don't ruin Thanksgiving you ungrateful faggot.
>>
File: 1425792147433.gif (1MB, 255x231px) Image search: [Google]
1425792147433.gif
1MB, 255x231px
>>8299049
Did you know most of those statements are opinions?

Do you know your opinions don't matter?

Do you know your life doesn't matter?
>>
>>8299640
It really is that simple. By FDA Law you have to label if your meat has been injected with saline and gluing meat and selling it is illegal as well. No reputable butcher is doing any of these things. This is supermarket bullshit. I buy meat from a butcher and vegetables from a vegetable market, it's higher quality, local and cheaper. Even Costco has a higher standard than supermarkets. Honestly I would rather eat chicken injected with saline than lab created meat substitutes, loaded with salt and binding agents, pressed out in a factory like a car part. Even vegan drinks like almond milk and soy milk has gross ass thickener, gums, preservatives and conditioners in them. But milk from cows is evil, yeah sure.
>>
>>8299049
Why are othorexia nervosa faggots so insufferable.
>>
>>8299049
yo this stuffing is fucking dope
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/the-best-vegetarian-stuffing-ever-50009976
>>
File: my degree in biology.jpg (36KB, 479x452px) Image search: [Google]
my degree in biology.jpg
36KB, 479x452px
Oh god, I severely regret creating this thread. I wasn't expecting to be bombarded with so many unforgivably retarded comments.

I don't even think it's worth trying to educate you guys, but I worry that people who are undecided on the subject will actually take you seriously. Oh dear god. What have I done...

Pic completely related.
>>
>>8300455
Thanks, might try that and just take out the butter and add Earth Balance.
>>
File: plants feel pain.jpg (89KB, 864x960px) Image search: [Google]
plants feel pain.jpg
89KB, 864x960px
I take back what I said earlier about probably living longer than meat eaters.

I just attempted to read this thread and got through 3 comments before I got cancer.
>>
File: honey3-300x238.jpg (37KB, 300x238px) Image search: [Google]
honey3-300x238.jpg
37KB, 300x238px
I love this man.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-Oe4me0zh4
>>
>>8299049
I eat like a vegan most days. But Thanksgiving is one day when I give that shit a rest and just go with the flow.
>>
>>8300488
You just like that pic make you look fucking retarded. What you think in your tiny mind doesn't trump established biology.
>>
>>8300874
That dog seems to hate him
Poor doggo
>>
File: 1470120020068.png (2MB, 1574x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1470120020068.png
2MB, 1574x1072px
Not about thanksgiving but I didn't want to make a new thread and one of you might know.

How do I make my chickpea burgers not dry as shit? I'm not a vegan so any suggestion is fine. I just like how they taste and they're dirt cheap to make.
>>
>>8300524
At least someone saying plants experience pain as well is only going to last you about 5 minutes while you fucking vegan cucks drone on about it for the rest of your fucking lives.
>>
>>8300940
Bacon grease
Fuck off
>>
>>8300940
I've never tried making chickpea burgers. But...oil? Grilled onions?

Always hated falafel for this reason so I just avoid that kind of thing altogether.
>>
>>8300985
I cook them in a lot of oil. Grilled onions made them fall apart super easily before. They end up so delicate if you add too much, it's a fine balance.
>>

Did you know that duck tastes better than both of them?
>>
>>8300985
falafel isnt dry, is humid and delicious if its fresh
problem is most places reheat it
i had this armenian place that made perfect food, after it closed down i couldnt understand how people eat the garbage assholes sells as hummus or falafel
>>
Did you know that I made some blood sausage before I was 10 (thanks to the butcher part of the family)?
Did you know that I went fishing and ate what we caught very often?
Did you know that foie gras is delicious?
Did you know that almost every piece of meat is tasty, including offals?

Too bad you're missing on the good stuff, I'm not.
>>
>>8299235

You dont need to be vegetarian to sympathize with exposed nerves, vessels and what appears to be maximum levels of raw unyielding pain.
>>
>>8299369

Judging by your chubby small hands i would hazard a guess at 5'7" and 175 lbs
>>
>>8299049
that's great and all but I am notin the interest of fucking up my body's hormones with all that soy
>>
File: pigs in hats.png (418KB, 629x616px) Image search: [Google]
pigs in hats.png
418KB, 629x616px
>>8301129
>Thinking animal products don't have hormones
>Thinking soy has hormones that affect your body's hormones

Clinical studies show no effects of soy protein or isoflavones on reproductive hormones in men: results of a meta-analysis
http://www.fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(09)00966-2/abstract?cc=y=
>>
File: 4DGMhkr.jpg (143KB, 1259x1835px) Image search: [Google]
4DGMhkr.jpg
143KB, 1259x1835px
>>8301104
That's not me.

This is me.
>>
>>8299049
>Did you know
Most of us do not fucking care, libcuck faggot
>>
>>8301154
I will if you let me feel your tits
>>
File: claimjumpers dutch apple pie.jpg (89KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
claimjumpers dutch apple pie.jpg
89KB, 450x450px
>>8301066
Just finished off some pasta with beefless crumbles, and for dessert, Claimjumper's Dutch apple pie with soy vanilla ice cream (I will admit however that I was not please with this particular soy vanilla ice cream though - So Delicious soy vanilla ice cream. Was really disappointed because I splurged to buy it and it's actually the worst soy vanilla ice cream I've tried - I think it must have melted at some point then refrozen because it's kind of crystally and usually I like their ice cream. But it was good when it melted with the apple pie.)
>>
>>8301158
WHOA MAMA WHAT A FOXIE LADY
>>
File: aww shucks.gif (3MB, 480x428px) Image search: [Google]
aww shucks.gif
3MB, 480x428px
>>8301184
>>
>>8301177
You will what?
>>
>>8301158

Caz. It's enough now.
>>
>>8299153
I don't know what I'm looking at, but that looks really fucking cool
>>
>>8301158
as a 22 year old vegan guy it's nice to know a cutie is patrolling the chans
>>
File: my body is ready.gif (2MB, 400x229px) Image search: [Google]
my body is ready.gif
2MB, 400x229px
>>8301408
>vegan
>guy
>>
>>8299176
>>>8299141
>Did you know that it's actually you who is the fag and it's made clear by you projecting fagginess onto others who are clearly not faggy at all?

https://youtu.be/z4uj5NZS7g8
>>
>>8301687
Me thinks thou dost protest too much.
>>
Not only do I love eating meat, I love hunting, killing an animal, and butchering it myself. I don't care when people I don't care about suffer, and I don't care about very many people, so why would I care if animals suffer?
>>
>>8301829
>I don't care when people I don't care about suffer

You and OP have more in common than you think!
>>
>>8301392
see >>8299295

They're clearly trying to make some bs emotional appeal that this pooooor animal is being tortured for amusment, see >>8301067, but it's just a dissected hoof.
>>
>>8299176
It's hilarious when people believe this sort of shit.
People do yoga and vegan diets and everything "right" and still drop dead decades before people who drink and smoke and eat bacon and sausages every morning.

Longevity is pretty much luck of the biological draw and the best that doing things "right" can manage is feebly struggle against pre-dispositions to some issues.
>>
File: billy simmonds.jpg (38KB, 649x480px) Image search: [Google]
billy simmonds.jpg
38KB, 649x480px
>>8301974
Nah. I've read too many studies to fall for your shenanigans.

A vegan diet very significantly reduces risks for many things that are likely to kill others, and combined with other factors a vegan diet has been shown to actually lengthen telomeres - if you know what those are.

And there are centenarian vegans. I will agree that there are a ridiculous amount of factors involved so no one can say they'll live longer for sure obviously. But the science definitely shows that vegans have the greatest chances of living longer, and I'd imagine the evidence would show this even more significantly it 1. there were more vegans to study and 2. they separated vegans by their diets, since a lot of vegans, like me, eat junk food. But if you compare that side by side with omnivores who eat junk food, vegans who eat like shit will still be better off.

Honestly though, I prefer not to focus on the health aspects of veganism, since that's not what it's about to me, although I am fascinated by nutritional science. People should just be content that they can survive on a vegan diet - but it just so happens that veganism has a ton of health benefits, so it always gets mixed in when the subject comes up.
>>
>>8301846
Obviously if I don't care about them I don't care if they suffer. Doyyyy.

But I do care about most people, sadly. From a logical standpoint most don't deserve my empathy, especially clear after reading this thread, but whatever, no helping it.

I'll be honest, sometimes I envy sociopaths. I would be rich as fuck right now if I were a sociopath. Especially since I'm a girl. You would be surprised how many men have literally offered me money for absolutely no reason and I refused. Somebody even sent me 500 dollars once when I was in an emergency situation and asked to borrow $80 and felt extremely guilty about it. They told me to keep it, but I returned it because it didn't feel right. Should have kept it though, and the other money they offered me, because later after a hacker went through his e-mails, he claimed I hit him up for the $500 and made it look like I was a whore. Fucking asshole.

Got offered tours through Europe, many Disneyland tickets, everything I ever wanted to be paid for. But nooo, I have to feel bad about accepting any of it.
>>
/thread
>>
>>8302298
I embrace this thread's death with open arms.
>>
>>8302300
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99j0zLuNhi8
>>
I eat stuff because is tasty
Vegan or not

If I like vegan food why should I stop eating meat if I also like it
>>
>>8302312
Well if you care about animals being abused, the environment being destroyed, and/or public/personal health.
>>
>>8301158
someone find the root source and hack her motherboard, we need EXIF data
>>
>>8302317
nobody guilt trips my food hole. i ate a 300g steak and a chicken breast on salad for dinner, so slide your bean and tofu sausages into your vagina and fuck off
>>
>>8302330
I was just answering your question... Why are you getting so defensive?
>>
>>8299238
>>8299235
That is sometimes served with menudo, the texture is nothing too exiting, but the taste is strange; metalic and very meaty
>>
>>8302333
because veganism is bullshit and i'm sick of halfwits like you that push an unrealistic diet onto an omnivorous species, yes you can survive by eating pulped tree roots but it's fucking shit. i will kill you and your entire vegan religion before i give up eggs benedict on a saturday morning
>>
File: what vegans eat.jpg (89KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
what vegans eat.jpg
89KB, 720x576px
>>8302339
Is this a joke or a half-joke or no joke?

I hate how you guys force me to brag but as I said earlier, I have over a 4.0 in college and an IQ of 160. I am not a halfwit and I am not unrealistic. I'm a realistic optimist.

I actually am not sure if you could survive by eating pulped tree roots. If that's what you think veganism is then no wonder you're so angry at the thought of it.

But we actually eat things like pic related. Chill.
>>
>>8299049
Just for this I am strangling a live turkey to death.
>>
>>8302351
As if you weren't going to pay someone to do that anyway. Enough with your threats.

Whenever I see meat eaters threatening to eat more animals one of my first thoughts that comes to me is usually, "Wow you really care so much about being offended and abusing animals that you're going to reduce your quality of life and shorten your lifespan because of it. Good goin'!"
>>
>Be Vegan
>Feel connected with nature
>Depending in pre-made factory food to have a decent dinner because you know nothing about cooking
>Having to list brands instead of ingredients
>Still preach your diet as if it was the Bible's lost passages
>Claim to be connected with nature and yet you still believe that the Earth is static

When the world goes to shit there will be no more Claimjumper's Dutch apple pie, Gardein mat substitutes, Earth Balance Butter, GMO soy beans nor any vegan alternative aide from real plants.
>>
>>8302350
t. An unrealistic halfwit
>>
>>8302358
come*
>>
@8299049
Tell me that you are a troll, pls
>>
>>8302350
congratulations on your specific studies and outdated intelligence test that was originally used to detect retards. i'm a practicing Australian paramedic so you could possibly infer the critical knowledge i might possess about human bodily mechanisms. if you can't even comprehend hyperbole then i understand why you think your fucked up diet choice is worth considering
>>
>>8299194

How does something like butter smell like vomit?

Even then heated butter has a wonderful hazelnut smell.
>>
>>8302359
>Assuming I'm vegan because I feel connected with nature.

We are connected to nature whether we like it or not. And I'm really just vegan because after seeing the undercover investigations I couldn't allow myself to fund that industry anymore. It's literally the bare minimum of decency to me.

>Depending on pre-made factory food
>you know nothing about cooking
I used to love cooking, but have moved in with a family that is always in the kitchen so I avoid things that require preparation. I have developed social anxiety and sometimes I just avoid eating altogether because of it honestly.

>When the world goes to shit
It will be because of meat eaters. I'm kind of trying to avoid that myself.
>>
>>8302371
Don't argue with vegans.

It's like trying to pick a fight with a brick wall build out of retardation, and cemented in liberalism.
>>
>>8302375
>I avoid things that require preparation.
So you are a 500lb SJW?
>>
>>8302375
>We are connected to nature
And yet to ignore most of it's laws and either use partial solutions to the problem or solutions that create more problems
>I avoid things that require preparation. I have developed social anxiety and sometimes I just avoid eating altogether because of it honestly
So do I, but I understand that there is a tiny thing called sacrifice. Reality is reckless and will no change, we are the ones that have to change to adapt.
The modern meat industry changed so manny things to supply the demand created by this spoiled society, but your solution for that is just to move to another imperfect source of food. Which brings me to...
>It will be because of meat eaters
Are meat-eaters (omnivores) the new jew or something?
Since you are a Proud Vegan you seem to only see everything based on diet, the problem is a lot more complicated than people killing animals or even the controlled "resistance" buying food by companies owned by the same people who own and/or demand the same industry you try to fight
>>
>>8302378
Posted a pic of me earlier. More like 130 lbs. IDK if I count as a SJW or not. I mean I guess you could call me that. I advocate for effective child discipline methods (anti-spanking), and cultural shifts to prevent violence and oppression to both genders. But it's like a side thing - veganism is the biggest issue.
>>
>>8302384
Don't even try to use rational arguments on them.
>>
>>8302387
>prevent violence and oppression to both genders.
But probably silently cheering when you see police cars set on fire and businesses looted.
>>
>>8302371
Vomit was a bad example. It's just hard to describe what it smells/tastes like. I guess imagine you haven't brushed or flossed for an entire day or two days, and you wake up the next morning with that nasty bad breath taste in your mouth. That's the closest thing I can think of, but imagine that times 100000, and add a kind of rotten tasting element, and you're getting closer.
>>
>>8302394
No... Unless maybe those businesses were abusing animals and the "looters" freed them and gave them proper care.

There are some fucked up police but killing random police officers just because they're police officers isn't cool to me. There was a time I considered becoming a police officer myself. Decided not to though because I knew if a situation came up where I was supposed to act against my principles, I'd be quitting. And those situations do tend to come up.
>>
>>8302388
I know that it has to be a troll (or a psychology student, they all talk the same and I have yet to find one who does not see herself as the second coming of Jesus), but this helps me to put my ideas in order. I am too against the shit conditions that arm animals live in and think that eating meat every single meal is unnecessary, but I am too against "vegan options" or this stupid culture of veganizing already existing dishes instead of creating their own (without using ingredients that require a BioReactor to make).

I know that I sound like an ideologue about to get hit in the face by reality, but I believe that one must only eat things that one could make from scratch: no super fancy cuts of meat without first eating the whole animal nor eating vegan lab food
>>
>>8302398
I have the same association with butter as you, but I'm a murderfag. It's just preference. It has nothing to do with butter or the objective smell or taste of it.
>>
>>8302406
I'm glad you seem to realize how whiny you sound.

And yeah, I'm a psychology student technically (wanted to become a child psychologist) but shifting to political science. Take a guess why.
>>
>>8299235
I think it's beautiful. Every time someone posts it, I just stare at it for a couple minutes. I wish I could touch it.

>>8301392
Doesn't it, though? What lies beneath the horse's hoof. This image inspired me to read for hours about ungulates' hooves. Nature is magical.
>>
>>8302405
Would you be alright with burning down a pet store and displacing people of jobs because the vet euthanized animals?
>>
>>8302411
>Take a guess why.
You wanted a degree that would guarantee you to not get a job?
>>
>>8302414
>because the vet euthanized animals

I'm sure I could think of better reasons to be alright with it than that given the quality and behind the scenes work of some pet stores.

Puppy mills for example.

But to answer your question, I mean...... I would never even think about burning down a place like that. That would have to be a last resort after they refused to stop torturing animals. Then I'd think they deserved it.

Overall, this is a silly question and I feel silly for answering it.

Euthanizing animals is heartbreaking, but sometimes the animals are lucky they're spared from immense suffering that would kill them regardless.
>>
>>8302418
>Never think about it.
>But as a last resort....
So the thought crossed your mind.
>>
>>8302416
There are plenty of careers within the field of political science.
>>
>>8302422

What is it like having a brain this dysfunctional?
>>
>>8302411
>And yeah, I'm a psychology student technically
Holy fuck, I was right.
That also implies that you are a liberal and has never held a real job. Now that I think about it, all "psychologist" I have talked to were either still students or just had graduated.
>I'm glad you seem to realize how whiny you sound
It's called self-awareness :^), it allows one to see ourselves, even the bad things.. If one lacks it then we will see ourselves as how others tells us
how we are (and such descriptions are always filtered).

And if you think that my last post was whiny
>Political science is useless. 90% of politicians I know never studies anything for politics, they all learn it from business. Persuasion and the ability to talk are what is most important for anyone trying to make a change. You just told me that you have social anxiety and are unable to hold an argument; they are going to eat you alive.
>>
>>8302425
It tends to let me think for myself and not just follow the herd.
How does it feel doing the exact thing your professors taught you to think and do?
You are on and endless loop of ideas, and you know what they say about the definition of insanity...
But who am I to argue with you, you are clearly higher on the education totem pole, I am just a hillbilly who managed to graduate high school.
Hell, this computamajiggy is witchcraft to my tribe!
>>
>>8302423
Like working for a tabloid?
>>
>>8302427
I am a liberal and I have held....1, 2, 3, 4, 5 jobs.

I'm going to school full time and working as well. If you mean in the field of psychology though, no.

I want to focus on speech classes but I also want to know the ins and outs of government. I haven't seen a counselor about my plans yet. I never said I'm unable to hold an argument. I hold arguments very well, one on one at least. Large groups I just recently found out I do still get nervous speaking in front of. I was shocked because I was sure I was more confident than that. It's small talk and being around people all the time that gives me anxiety, and being in their way, them being in my way. I can deal with it, and do, but in my spare time I try to avoid socializing much. To the point I won't eat if it means having to talk to the family I live with. I can deal with it though.
>>
>>8302435
Hello, my special friend. Just popped in to see how your battle is going tonight.
>>
>>8302435
Look, I do not hate you or anything, is just that such liberal 1st world mindset os a static world and dependance on a socialised society seems so stupid for a third worlder like me. I diagnose a "Too much time in my bubble but I think that I am not still in it" Syndrome, I recommend a good slap in the pride and to re-sort your priorities before it is too late.
It is so great that you live in a place where you can buy all of that, but you better realize that it may not last.
And about your anxiety; maybe it is because of how life treats me, but suffering brings our potential out, in the same way of how creative poor people get when they are desperate. I did not paid to learn that in a lecture, I learned that from experience.

Get out of your confort zone, once you are out; go ever further because you are most likely lying to yourself. If you want some inspiration read about how Hernán Cortés convinced his men into taking the Aztec Empire. "[spoiler]He Sunk his own ships so the only way to get back home was to take an entire empire, it was not trying and dying, trying and dying or trying and succeed[/spoiler]"

>Do not worry, I still hold my position about this vegan Thanksgivin
>>
>>8302443
Well thanks, anonymous person. The battle of this thread? IDK I was kinda hoping it would die really quick after the first night, but I started responding to people again anyway.

>>8302454
Can you define what you mean by "static"? I'm too tired for this argument by the way - it's 1:49 AM.

I could say many things in response but tell me what you really mean first so I don't just waste my time. Define "bubble".

Define how I should re-sort my priorities.

>It is so great that you live in a place where you can buy all of that, but you better realize that it may not last.

I certainly realize it may not last, after Trump got elected. And if you're insulting me for my privilege...alright. But I was homeless periodically as a teen to escape the near daily physical abuse I grew up with. So...

>And about your anxiety; maybe it is because of how life treats me, but suffering brings our potential out, in the same way of how creative poor people get when they are desperate. I did not paid to learn that in a lecture, I learned that from experience.

Well, sure. I actually have mostly recovered from PTSD, but now I have the new, silly problem of social anxiety that apparently stems from it. I used to think often about how no one else cares about veganism because everyone else is so privileged and refuse to acknowledge reality outside their bubble as anything other than entertainment - but for me, it's real, and the animals need my help and to not only ignore that but to actually continue funding the industry that does this to them...the thought makes me feel like vomiting.

>Get out of your confort zone, once you are out; go ever further

I'll work on that.
>>
>>8301687
You're a fag
>>
>>8302485
>Can you define what you mean by "static"?
That things are not going to change, it applies more specifically with the status quo. People in Venezuela suffered a lot when the stores were suddenly empty because most were not ven aware that that was a thing that could even happened. We liver in the most peaceful period in history, yet it can all change in one single day and send most of us to a state of desperation that most people never even conceived.

>Bubble
Is this microcosmos that people create around themselves. It consists in everything we know; things like work, our city, our social circles, etc. Getting too used to this will make this cosmos a metaphorical bubble that will make us believe that that is it (Which ties with the idea of an static world as manny people's bubbles do not include the delicate balance that keeps their lives the way they are).

>And if you're insulting me for my privilege...alright
It was not an insult, but a wake up call, worse than someone gaining privilege (which I do not care about, it is your life and I do not even believe in the concept of privilege in the same way that liberals do).
>But I was homeless periodically as a teen to escape the near daily physical abuse I grew up with. So...
We all had shit lives, even worse than that. The difference is that some people use that as an excuse and others wear the scars as a reminder of how much they have advanced.
>Well, sure. I actually have mostly recovered from PTSD, but now I have the new, silly problem of social anxiety that apparently stems from it[...].
You could put excuses or work with what you have. Get used to conflict, it is not only unpreventable but necessarily. Have you read "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley? Is is a dystopia like 1984 but instad of controlling people with pain and oppression people are controlled with pleasure; you take the conflict out of their lives and they become just like the cattle you try to help.
So get used to a bit of suffering
>>
>>8302515
does suffering entitle me to making others suffer?
>>
>>8302515
And forgot to add, I am sooooo sure that you are non-religious, but lets take the bible as a metaphor at the very least:

>Why did God alloy Lucifer to trick Eve into eating the fruit from the tree of knowledge when he is supposed to be perfect and know everything? Such thing would imply that this was his plan all along

One could say yes. Eden was blissful ignorance, Adan and Eve were happy but naive, like babies. Lucifer (His name means "Morning star") comes and tricks Adam an Eve into becoming aware and mortal, but God says that that has made both of them closer to divine: “And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:” (Gen 3:23).

If they had stayed in Eden they would have stayed the same, but the Morning Star (literally the bringer of light after the darkness) obligated them to advance to something better.

We must do the same, suffer a bit to advance. Without sacrifice we gain nothing.

>Before someone calls me a Luceferian of however they are called; Jesus calls himself The Morning Star in Rev 22:16
>>
>>8302521
There is always colateral damage, you can help these animals, but your approach is wrong as it does not attach the root of the problem

Go to sleep now, /ck/ is too slow for this thread to get archived for tomorrow
>>
>>8302527
maybe it wasnt the intention to make humans eat the fruit but not even god can make something perfect and he is just as weak against chance and chaos as we are
>>
God, why are all vegans so fucking insufferable.
You're not some fucking saint for your diet Jesus h Christ.
>>
>>8302531
>You did not got the reference
See is as a metaphor; God can do anything and create anything because he is the manifestation of reality and destiny. That is why he can't be ever wrong.

About veganism by buying products; I searched about ClaimJumper; they are owned by Landry's, Inc. who own a lot more restaurants, most of them serve meat, Pinnacle Foods owns Gardein and Earth Balance; but also own Swanson (frozen tv dinners) and Aunt Jemma.

The problem is not meat eating itself, but the irresponsible companies behind, people not caring and the radicalisation of the ones who do.

Can you have a vengan holiday? Maybe, but you must first go to the most basic food and build a "food culture" from there, not taking the already existing one and veganizing it, because if yu do you will not end up with good food, but with mediocre versions of other foods
>>
>>8302350
>"I don't understand how pushing my mentally ill diet on others would make them upset....
>"better make sure I let him know I think I'm smart too!"

For how smart you are your dumb as fuck.
>>
op is a fag
>>
>>8299049

There's still nothing which can replicate the texture of unground meat. Some of the commercial products are getting there for ground (with a metric shit ton of ingredients and very rarely gluten free, not that I care).

Maybe transglutaminase will be able to help to create some decent meat substitutes. But they will probably stay fucking expensive.

Until I can buy something decent from Aldi or the Lidl at a price comparable to ground beef it will be hard to convince me to eat vegan more than occasionally.
>>
>>8302530
That wasn't me, but they brought up a good point. I had already gone to sleep by then.

>We all had shit lives, even worse than that. The difference is that some people use that as an excuse and others wear the scars as a reminder of how much they have advanced.

You mean all Venezuelans? Because I really doubt that all Americans dealt with anything close to being physically abused nearly daily for ten years and off and on after that. If they did then it would be time for a revolution.

And I'm not making excuses for anything...I do work with what I have. Very well. And no I haven't read that. I don't read novels anymore - just studies, articles, textbooks, and the occasional 4chan thread.
>>
>>8302527
I'm not even just non-religious. I'm anti-religion. All the women in my family have been severely abused in the name of religion. I wasn't directly abused because of religion, but my mother allowed it to continue because of her religious upbringing. It teaches faulty thinking, hate, violence, and causes people to destroy the real world because of stupid fantasies they have. The Republican party is based on these principles. My step-grandmother literally believes we can destroy the environment completely because "God will take care of it". Religion needs to be destroyed.

Anyway, so is the point of all this to say that suffering is good and we shouldn't care about animals being tortured? Because those animals sure as fuck aren't going to be advancing from their suffering. Sorry, I'm lost otherwise.
>>
>>8303394
im sorry that you are a rape child and your aunt is also your grandma but at some point you hve to realize things dont work like that outside of the south
>>
>>8303394
sorry but we dont have to do shit
you can do wathever you want
so can i
and that means enjoying some good old fashioned factory farmed chicken
>>
>>8299049
Except for the tofu that looks like a pretty good recipe, would it go well as a side dish to my desert foie gras?
>>
>>8303367
by the way my point was that i am entitled to harming other, at least the ones who harmed me first, stop speaking for me i never gave you that right
>>
>>8302823
1. Veganism, for me anyway, isn't about destroying the economy. On the contrary. I don't want companies to go out of business necessarily, but I want the current businesses to shift to the new vegan economy.

The problem is definitely meat eating itself. You're funding the corruption every day like you're a millionaire and it's your favorite charity. You think that doesn't have an impact? Buying the vegan products from these companies sends a message to them that there's greater profit in vegan food, thus encouraging the shift.

And there's no shame in veganizing already existing recipes. Especially since through doing that they're improved. You're more elitist than people think I am lol. I would love to cook for you though. Then you'd understand.
>>
>>8299049
Utter bullshit
AHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHA
AHAHHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHaHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHA
>>
>>8302849
Try Gardein. It's an improvement of texture. It's like chicken but without all the nasty bits, and with better texture and flavor.

Seriously, the meat eaters I know stuff their freezers with it because they like it better than meat. Give it a try.

And if you're concerned about gluten free - Beyond Meat is gluten free and is supposed to really taste like meat. I personally hate it - maybe because it's too close to tasting like meat - I'm not sure, I first tried it many years after becoming vegan so I couldn't do a side by side comparison. But I guess meat eaters like it. So if you're willing to take a risk, you could try that. I tried the chickenless strips and meatless meatballs for the record. I couldn't eat either one and gave them to someone else to eat. Worst meat alternative I've ever tried in my opinion. But Alton Brown likes it. https://www.wired.com/2013/09/fakemeat/
>>
>>8303402
I live in California, but yes my family comes from the South. Our family isn't that bad - no rape going on I'm aware of at least. Of course I don't think that's something any of my family members would be eager to talk to me about so who knows.

And it doesn't matter if they're not as extreme as they are in the South. The culture permeates even to those who aren't religious. And the South is a huge place. And the GOP, well, they actually won this year's election. People need to stop tolerating religion and start openly mocking it. Too many people keep their mouths shut, thinking, "It's their personal belief, it's not harming anything." WELL IT IS.
>>
>>8299277
>it works

Yeah ground up tiger bones totally cured my rheumatism guys
>>
>>8303436

I can buy some prime cuts of beef for the price of gardein, or 3x as much chicken.

I eat vegetarian occasionally. I'd do it more if there was something to replace the chewiness of meat at a competitive price, preferably fortified (meat, dairy and eggs make a balanced diet easy mode).
>>
I love these threads. Guaranteed shitstorms made by quality shitposters. I don't know who is more triggered, the vegans or the normies throwing shitfits because of them.
>>
>>8303950
Well considering the meat eaters are the ones throwing shitfits, I'd say it's the meat eaters. Cognitive dissonance is a bitch.
>>
>>8299049
I guess I should go buy a pie then instead of making my own? Fuck off.

>my opinion

>my opinion

>my opinion

Okay, great. Kindly go fuck off now.
>>
>>8303979
>cognitive dissonance

Does every vegan subscribe to the same podcast or something? Every vegan I've known uses the same phrases and examples.
>>
good god this thread is still up

I want herbivores to GO and STAY GO
>>
File: vegans.png (604KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
vegans.png
604KB, 1600x900px
I'm VEGAN!
>>
>>8304125
Whoa, are there really that many vegan threads right now? I haven't looked at any part of 4chan other than this thread for a while.

Also lol @ those windows and bookmarks.
>>
File: frog.png (47KB, 436x438px) Image search: [Google]
frog.png
47KB, 436x438px
>tfw you want to go vegan but the vocal people who have are so self-righteous and annoying they've poisoned the concept as a whole worldwide for generations to come
You can thank both "health nut" bimbos and PETA, though a lot of the people in those groups seem to overlap.
Can we do some sort of vegetarianism/veganism cultural mulligan? I don't want people to think of a group of raving liberal asshats dumping pig's blood on fur coats when they think of limiting animal cruelty.
>>
>>8300874
thanks for sharing
>>
>>8299176
>freezers literally packed with brightly colored cardboard boxes containing individually portioned hockey pucks in little plastic bags ready to be nuked for 2 minutes.
that's not a freezer i want
>>
File: 1471603649642.gif (4MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1471603649642.gif
4MB, 320x240px
>>8299049
>it's a vegan posts a thread just to self fellate episode
>>
>>8302371
meat eater here:

butter is gross, i understand that it's great to cook in, but i really don't enjoy the flavor.
>>
I'm looking forward to my first vegan Thanksgiving tomorrow. I was vegetarian for many years but after learning more about the dairy and egg industry I decided to fully commit to being vegan.

I'm making the Field Roast celebration roast, sage stuffing, mashed potatoes with Kite Hill chive almond cream cheese, roasted corn, kale salad, and rosemary rolls. I'm making a simple gravy with Better Than Bouillon No Chicken flavor. Pumpkin pie and a Daiya strawberry cheesecake for dessert. Pretty traditional fare.

I wanted to get the Gardein roast but the Field Roast was on sale and I've had it in the past.
>>
>>8304313
What's the Field Roast like? I've never tried it. Maybe I'll get it this year. Even though I plan on eating at a vegan restaurant or going to a potluck this year. I live with a family that surely wants a traditional Thanksgiving so I'm going to leave that day. If I go to the potluck though I'll need to bring something with 8-10 servings. Not sure if Field Roast would work since it kind of needs to be something that can be served at room temperature. Do you think it would be good at room temperature?
>>
>>8304313
You realize you can get free range eggs easy right?
>>
>>8304357
You realize free range farms are usually not actually free range and they also still grind the male chicks up on their first day of life, mutilate the hens bodies, etc. Right?
>>
>>8304381
I don't give a fuck
But even then you said usually that means there are actual free range, how about farmers market
>>
>>8304390
Can I just summarize this by saying "no"?

I know it's important to educate people but I'm honestly exhausted having to do it so often. Also I have to go to work. Bye.
>>
>>8304357

It's not that simple. I'm pretty sure you don't want to hear the reasoning behind it and you just want to argue though.

>>8304348

Field Roast is DELICIOUS. Also it can be served at any temperature. The instructions say it can even be served cold because it doesn't need to be cooked. For normal meals I highly recommend the sausages, especially the italian ones.
>>
>>8304401
I buy my eggs from my neighbor. Their chickens roam my land.

Go ahead and try to tell me not to eat these eggs, you self-important anal crust.
>>
This thread makes me want to go activate my almonds if you know what I mean.
>>
>>8299201
After I decided to go vegan once I got out of the marines years ago taste was my biggest problem. But all this time later literally everything I eat is delicious. I can't even think about what a steak would taste like right now. It makes me sick thinking about it. Especially thinking about animal flesh going through a digestive tract and just sitting in your stomach.
>>
>>8299780
This is where your fear of being healthy is preventing you from actually comprehending why some vegans eat meat substitute products. I don't personally eat them but people like my wife enjoy vegan hotdogs. Not because they tast like hotdogs, but she thinks they taste amazing and it's convenient.

Not because "omg I miss meat so much holy shit I'm so fragile!" The only fragile bitch in here is you. Keep on supporting nightmare realities for sentient beings and here's to your colon cancer at age 56.
>>
>>8299807
>just mix in all this red meat together so you can ensure a heart attack later on in life. Cmon, eat it, it's yummy
>>
>>8299827
My wife brings on vegan treats upon request at her work. Only until a couple weeks ago did she finally tell them everything she brings in is 100% vegan.
>>
>>8300940
>I'm not vegan or anything but I'm going to come into the only active vegan thread and tell everyone how I'm not vegan

and you faggots think we like to talk about our diets.
>>
>>8301974
Yep. That's why 90% of every single person we see walking the streets of our once great country are fat as fuck? That's why heart disease, diabetes, childhood diabetes, and colon cancer are all skyrocketing? Not because of the fast food epidemic as well as the typical American diet that incorporates meat into every meal? It's because they just got un lucky?
>>
>>8302295
I have to offer you my wife's story. A man in Bahrain offered to pay her $1500 a month just for proof she wore underwear for a few days straight and sent him one pair of underwear a month.

We agreed to do it and after a few months she realized she was being sexually exploited and stopped. That extra money was really nice.
>>
>>8302339
>bullshit
>unrealistic
>doesn't even know what vegans eat

You seem to be a bit uninformed.

Here, go on pubmed, use the search box which searches through hundreds of thousands of medical reports and findings, type in vegan diet health, find out its the healthiest diet for men and women in all stages of life.
>>
>>8305818
It took her a couple of fucking months to realize that?
How fucking stupid is she?
>>
>>8305823
I did and it said the opposite
>>
>>8302359
You're right. There won't be. And you bet your ass I'll hunt animals and slaughter them to survive. I'll even drink the blood and use it as soap if it helps me survive. Problem is, I don't have to do that right now. But if the world ends anytime soon and have to resort to that, it'll be nice to be reunited with the taste.
>>
>>8305795
You need to get some dick cunt
>>
>>8304401
But there are free range...
>No
Oh boy
Educating people would be easier if you weren't such a fucking moron
But then again if you weren't a moron you wouldn't be vegan would you?
>>
>>8302376
Looks like you're the brick wall. If anyone can watch earthlings documentary on YouTube and also read factual medical research that says vegans have the healthiest studied diet for all sexes and ages, it is you who may be the brick wall.

Tell me this, would you eat any steaks or burgers if they tasted like absolute shit?
>>
>>8305301
I'm pretty sure you have no fucking reasoning
Mom took me to the countryside often when I was a kid, I saw those chickens and ducks all around doing bird shit and she bought those eggs
I know you could get them in the city too but we weren't vegans so we didn't give a shit, still free eggs where nice
>>
>>8305825
It took her a few months to let it really sink in. He even sent $9,000 one month because she said she got sexually aroused while wearing a certain pair and didn't wash them. The money was fucking awesome. But yeah, after a few months your conscience is still there. I'm fuxkin pissed, trust me. I wish some rich Bahraini would sexually exploit me.
>>
i like meat
>>
>>8305858
>It took her a couple months to let it sink it
No that's bullshit either she knew but didn't care as long as she got money
Or she has the iq of a snail
>>
>>8305862
Yeah, she knew but the money made her not care for a while. Point being, a sociopath would still be collecting the easy money. It made me have a newfound respect for my wife even though it angered me she stopped the gravy train. But it will teach my daughter a valuable lesson when she's older.
>>
>>8305870
>A sociopath would act for a sociopath for an arbitrary amount of time
>It ok because she stopped after she got enough money
You respect more your wife because she sends her sweaty dirty underwear to some degenerate that smells her shit, piss and God forbid period blood out of it while masturbating?
Don't get me wrong if someone wanted to buy my shit I would gladly sell it, as long as I don't have to see him, but that wouldn't exactly make me respectful
>>
>>8305870
Why wait until she is older? You could get ten times more money right now for your little daughters dirty undies
20 if she still wets the bed
>>
>>8299049
>Gardein tastes way better than turkey?
No, what an interesting complete lie.
>>
>>8305880
You've never done anything without kinda feeling bad after a while? She acted on impulse and I encouraged her to do it. Don't act high and mighty.
>>
>>8305920
but you just said you respect her more because of it
i woud respect someone who walks away from easy money
>>
>>8305934
She did walk away from it. Maybe I wasn't clear. After a few months the guilt became too overwhelming for her.
>>
>>8305961
But that's not walking away, walking away is saying no
She kept doing it for months, there is nothing respectful about that
Is a thief that stops after 100 victims respectful? Is a serial killer that only kills 7 women?
Why arbitrary numbers? What if it went on for a year?
>>
>>8305968
Why are you comparing crimes that involve victims to something she did? Again, have you ever done something that you eventually quit because you knew it was wrong? I can sign a famous future hall of fame autograph perfectly and even got it verified with a positive match for fun to see how good I did it. Sold one fake signed helmet to a guy (who is a shitty jew who fucks people over at his store) but still felt bad and never did it again.
>>
>>8305979
because whenever someone says disrespectful crime and murder aare the two first things that pop up in my head
>have you ever done something wrong and stopped?
yes and i felt shame and people thought lower of me after
being able to feel enough empathy to worry about how others feel about what we do is what sepparates us from sociopaths, if your wife never did then she may aswell be one she just got bored, or had enough mone or the guy demanded too much out of her
Thread posts: 262
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.