[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bread and Bread Accessories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Homebaked_Bread29.jpg (77KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
Homebaked_Bread29.jpg
77KB, 640x427px
Okay /ck/, I'm a cheap bastard and I'm saving literally pennies by making my own bread instead of buying it at the store for like $2. Right now I'm just making and mixing it by hand, but I have problems with the dough sticking to the bowls that I mix it in. Should I grease the bowl beforehand, or should I just mix it up into a ball first then dust it with flour?

Also, I'm getting tired of making new loaves every other day. Should I get a breadbox to store bread longer, and is there one that you'd recommend?
>>
>>8298348
>I have problems with the dough sticking to the bowls that I mix it in
maybe you're using too much water, that's why gets sticky, reduce a little the water you use, but is also normal that gets sticky
>>
Oil the bowl...
>>
>>8298483
Won't that cause the flavor of the oil to seep into the bread?

>>8298458
I'll try that.
>>
>>8298348
>Also, I'm getting tired of making new loaves every other day.

slice it up, put it in freezer bags, and store it in the freezer. When you want bread, take out some slices and put them in the toaster oven.
>>
>>8298567
I don't have a toaster or a toaster oven. That would be spending money that I don't want to spend. I don't even like toast.

Though I guess I can just put it in the oven to warm up. That sounds like a good idea, thanks.
>>
maybe make some challah, it seems like it'd suit your palate
>>
>>8298653
What's that?
>>
>>8298636
Wtf is wrong with you? I make loaves once or twice a week and they stay good in the breadbox until they're gone.
Also people intentionally add oil to bread all the time, having it in the mix just softens the crust and slows the yeast a little bit, it's no biggie.
and sorry to say it, but your dough is always going to stick to the bowl if it's wet enough.
Look into mantou, might be easier to keep for a while since they're rolls
>>
>>8298535
Different anon but I was shown to use half the amount of water than the recipe says then half again and so on if it needs more. It can change day to day as the humidity changes.
>>
>>8298483
Oil it before you mix the flour, water, and yeast?
>>
>>8298742
Well I don't have a breadbox. That's why I asked about getting one. Otherwise the bread gets stale after one night, though that might be because I only make small loaves.
>>
>>8298778
Are you just leaving it out?
>>
>>8298828
Put a towel over it and put it in a cabinet the one time I tried to keep it overnight.
>>
Have you considered that the cost of running your oven might impact the amount you're saving by making bread at home? Ovens use a lot of electricity to run, the only reason that usually isn't a problem is because most people aren't constantly baking shit.
>>
oil the bowl when letting the dough rise, it won't stick.

freeze your bread and just let it thaw a few hours or the night before you eat it
>>
I'm interested in making my own bread. Any tutorials you'd reccomend?
>>
>saving pennies

>using electricity
>using water
>using gas
>using time
You're likely making yourself worse off. The market exists to benefit people by bringing goods to stores that you no longer have to make by yourself. Do that instead.
>>
>>8299010
>>8298950
Feck off. I've done the math and it's nearly always cheaper to make your own bread.
Store bread has to charge for labor, ingredients, electricity, etc. while for you labor is free and you don't mark it up five times to make a profit either.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.