[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cooking Shows thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

Long time lurker here, my flatmate and I both love cooking and cooking shows and wanted to start a youtube channel with this new video camera I got. (I'm pretty good at video production and editing, and we both love cooking so why not)

What are your pet peeves of youtube cooking shows? What would you like to see more of?

More about the science or chemistry behind ingredients? More about the technique? More narration/description, or no narration/description? Do you like hearing about the history of the dish?

Basically I have a few ways to approach this:
>Talking, bantering, displaying our personalities
>Just one of us speaks and the other operates
>Narration
>ASMR-style, no talking at all, just cooking
>Host-style, like on TV and Jack
>Themed like "Bachelor-friendly cooking" or "What was in the fridge"-kinda style
>or...?

I'm doing this for a hobby and not for money so I'm open to being creative and fun.
>>
>>8292112
Cook everything blindfolded.
>>
>>8292118
I was thinking of an option where we have challenges each week

>can't use salt this week
>fully vegan another week
>blindfolded another week
>etc.
>>
File: wines.png (294KB, 1190x1610px) Image search: [Google]
wines.png
294KB, 1190x1610px
bump
>>
>>8292112
>pull dish out of the oven
>piping-hot
>steam just rolling off the meat
>barely even cooked
I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THIS PERSON SPENDS SO MUCH TIME IN A KITCHEN AND CANNOT COOK!
>>
>>8292112
I'd like one that's got some more science and technique stuff, but I feel like I'm in the minority on that front.
>>
>>8292162
Fuck man that picture made me realize- I'd watch the fuck out of a Youtube channel that was the wine equivalent of Ralfy.
>>
>>8292112
I want to see you pairing food and wine with your roommate's cock
>>
recreate the cooking with Jack set and plagarize/redo all his videos satirically
or just pick on ingredient and get on a run with it and do every possible dish that features it until you exhaust it and move onto the next one
>>
you should hire 2 different crack whores each episode and have a cook off
>>
>>8292112
>>Talking, bantering, displaying our personalities

this is good, but only if you're not really displaying your own personalities but are displaying personalities specifically crafted for the youtube show. otherwise, it's going to probably come off as annoying like 90% of no filter vlog youtubers

scripted is ideal, but presented in more of a comfy way and NOT trying to emulate actual cooking shows to a tee
>>
don't act hyper too many youtubers give off this fake vibe when they do that also if you guys compete have the loser do something nasty or embarrassing kinda like the humiliations on Kenny vs spenny every week or so try new regions of food and their special techniques
>>
Can I please have some Jack webms?
>>
>>8292369
I'd be most interested in this aswell.
>>
>>8292738
does /ck/ support sound for webms
>>
>>8292112

>What would you like to see more of?

I like seeing instructional videos with clear narration and no nonsense "talking and bantering" that people seem to adore. I watch cooking shows to learn, not to listen to people talk about useless shit for 5 minutes.

A good example of the kind of show I like is Cooking with Dog.
>>
Do something similar to The Catering Show, I would love to see a funny cook show for adults with cursing, sex puns and dark humour
>>
>>8292136
>Can't use salt

congratulations on making shitty food for a week
>>
why isn't anyone ripping the new season of Mind of a Chef???
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.