[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fermenting ground meat? I've never heard of it until recently.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: EnOMmHH[1].jpg (64KB, 864x488px) Image search: [Google]
EnOMmHH[1].jpg
64KB, 864x488px
Fermenting ground meat? I've never heard of it until recently.

Post stories/recipes/methods/opinions.
>>
Google Nem Chua
>>
>>8289574
Many dry and semi-dry sausages have bacteria cultures added to them and are fermented during the curing process. It provides an important flavor component that you would immediately notice if it weren't present.
>>
sounds dangerous
>>
>>8291056

It is.

The process requires factory tier equipment to properly work.

You can do it yourself by simply leaving it to ferment but results may vary.
>>
>>8291065
Long curing dried sausages can be made safely at home with a dedicated refrigerator rigged with a digital thermostat, humidifier and humidistat. Pretty cheap if you get a used refrigerator.

Semidry sausages like american pizza pepperoni and summer sausages can be fermented for 24 hours in an oven with the pilot on at around 100F using a bacteria culture called FL-C. It's perfectly safe if you follow proper procedures. I do it all the time. The pepperoni is head and shoulders above supermarket crap.
>>
>>8291258
Can you expand on the pepperoni bit a little more?

My wife fucking loves pepperoni and her birthday is coming up. Making a few pounds of it for her would be a great add-on present.
>>
>>8291272
I basically use the recipe at meatsandsausages.com under recipes>sausages under the "semi-dry" section only I use all pork butt. She'll be shocked how good it is.

You'll need a meat grinder, sausage stuffer, the sausage skins, Cure#1 (sodium nitrite) and the FL-C culture. You can get the skins and Cure#1 at large sporting goods stores like Bass Pro, but you'll have to order the FL-C on-line.

I suppose if you don't want to invest in a sausage stuffer, you could get away with rolling it into a really tight log with parchment paper.
>>
File: IMG_1790.jpg (70KB, 562x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1790.jpg
70KB, 562x1000px
This restaurant by me serves a raw fermented cheese burger, pic related
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.